Home

Questions for NFL 2K5 buyers?

This is a discussion on Questions for NFL 2K5 buyers? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2004, 08:41 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 24
Questions for NFL 2K5 buyers?

I'll be honest, I haven't paid much attemtion to other games other than EA so my question is this.... Does ESPN have a college game coming out??? I haven't heard anything about one so if this is the case, there will be no importing any college seniors right??? So does that also mean generic names and players will be made up for your draft?? Or will you be able to edit your draft?? I for one love importing rosters from the college game that is why I ask.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2004, 08:47 PM   #2
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Questions for NFL 2K5 buyers?

No, ESPN does not currently offer a college football game. As such, rookies are made up by the game. However, they will apparently be given unique faces that will be seen for them throughout the game (out of the actual gameplay in their player photos as well as in the game on their player models) by mixing two other players' photos. Yes, you can do SOME editing of draft classes, but at least in 2K4, you could only edit something like 30 players out of all the draftees.

Hope this doesn't turn you off to the game completely, because (based on past editions and promised features and improvements) will be a gem of a game and a totally different experience than Madden. I won't say better or worse because only you can make that call by actually giving it a spin.
Old 07-10-2004, 08:52 PM   #3
MVP

I am not going to lie and say that not being able to import from a college game isn't important to me, b/c I love that feature. I love being able to play with a guy in college or agaisnt a player in college and see how they perform in the pros. I will say that feature alone doesn't make Madden a better game than ESPN gameplay wise cause that has no relevance. But I will say even though ESPN is 19.99 and seems like a very good game, I am still probably going to go with Madden for the simple fact that importing seniors is important to me. Many other people probably don't care about this feature.
Old 07-10-2004, 09:02 PM   #4
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Yeah, the import seniors thing is something that my friends and I have had a ton of fun with in NCAAs and Maddens 02 - 04. Great feature, no doubt, and it helps to differentiate EA's game from Sega's, rather than them both just being football.

Both games ought to be very good this year regardless, and whichever game(s) you end up with, hope you have fun with 'em.
Old 07-10-2004, 09:02 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 12

If you have a Xbox, you really need to get ESPN football.. They actually cater us Xbox owners & uses the true power of the box.. EA doesn't do diddly squat for Xbox owners, game wise.. I know EA is on live now.. Just read the ESPN features.. I'm buying both this yr.. I encourage you to do the same..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2004, 09:12 PM   #6
MVP

hehehe buy both??? The wife would probably kill me for that since I tell her what is the use of buying two pairs of shoes that are the same color, look the same, and feel the same. So I would probably get that same line back at me.
Old 07-11-2004, 01:00 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

For a serious football fan ESPN 2k5 is not to be missed. People act like ESPN is all presentation but last year it stomped Madden in realism. Thats not saying much though.
Old 07-11-2004, 01:08 AM   #8
Rookie

jaywv30's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:

Hawaii_Stars said:
I'll be honest, I haven't paid much attemtion to other games other than EA so my question is this.... Does ESPN have a college game coming out??? I haven't heard anything about one so if this is the case, there will be no importing any college seniors right??? So does that also mean generic names and players will be made up for your draft?? Or will you be able to edit your draft?? I for one love importing rosters from the college game that is why I ask.

You could always do it the old fashioned way and create the rookies.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »