Home

Franchise...

This is a discussion on Franchise... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2004, 03:50 PM   #1
Pro

cranes74us's Arena

OVR: 3
Franchise...

Hello all, im new to the whole ESPN thing but i played the version when it was one the Dreamcast and it was very good. Im really anxious to play the game but i have some Franchise questions since im a Franchise nut.

1. How is it compared to Madden's?
2. How many years does it last?
3. Is the Draft process good? In the DC it was ok nothing special
4. I understand the OVR is different in every position? how different?
5. What about the halftime show? i whish i could see the clips but my comp sucks and it takes forever.
6. Does the CPU make trades to each other? or offer the user trades?
7. IS IT FUN??

Sorry for all the questions and since i havent played since the DC days im still not up to date with the game. Answers are welcome thnx
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2004, 03:52 PM   #2
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Franchise...

check out this and it will answer your questions.

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Sto...1911.53186.htm
Old 07-17-2004, 04:02 PM   #3
Pro

cranes74us's Arena

aight thanks
Old 07-17-2004, 04:05 PM   #4
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:

cranes74us said:
Hello all, im new to the whole ESPN thing but i played the version when it was one the Dreamcast and it was very good. Im really anxious to play the game but i have some Franchise questions since im a Franchise nut.

1. How is it compared to Madden's?
2. How many years does it last?
3. Is the Draft process good? In the DC it was ok nothing special
4. I understand the OVR is different in every position? how different?
5. What about the halftime show? i whish i could see the clips but my comp sucks and it takes forever.
6. Does the CPU make trades to each other? or offer the user trades?
7. IS IT FUN??

Sorry for all the questions and since i havent played since the DC days im still not up to date with the game. Answers are welcome thnx

1: Madden and ESPN are 2 different beasts. If you like the past Maddens you'll like this years. ESPN is IMO the better playing game on the field. When you are playing (especially Defense) you will feel like you are making a differnce in the game. I just get that with Madden.

2: 30 years I believe..Could be worng.

3: Draft is nice. Has the ESPN presentation, countdown clock etc... I love it personally.

4: Not sure what you mean. Unless this is what you mean:
A rated LB for example in speed, say a 80, is in "LB" speed. A wr with 80 speed will be faster than a LB with an 80 speed.

5: Half time show is ok. Shows highlights etc... What's better IMO is the end of week "Sportscenter Show" they show highlights of the week etc.. And starting in week 8 Mel Kiper shows up with draft pick suggestions/news...

6: yes

&: Absolutely. The presentation , gameplay , graphics, weekly prep(From setting what type of practice to have, whether to watch game film, etc..) and the feeling that YOU are contributing to the outcome , is second to none.

This is of course just my opinions...
Old 07-17-2004, 04:09 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 2

maddens franchise is better overall, i don't think many people will argue that. espn doesn't have a bad franchise, but the jury is still out on the stat-tracking engine and the ridiculous/unrealistic CPU trades. we already know what we will get out of maddens franchise mode. it is light on visual extras and so on, but the free agency system is awesome. you also get to use tags, signing bonuses, there are player personalities (they may or may not sign with you for a variety of reasons).

so, until ESPN proves otherwise, madden is top dog when it comes to franchise. (note im not talking about gameplay at all here so dont get pissed, this is ONLY based on franchise and franchise alone)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2004, 04:10 PM   #6
Pro

cranes74us's Arena

thanks man for answering, now this is a definite buy now whooo ooooo cant wait for this game
Old 07-17-2004, 05:48 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

if ESPN franchise mode was better i'll say hands down they are better then Madden (im a Madden fanatic) but i am open minded enough to say that ESPN is a great game. I tried it out last year and thought it was quite good...but me personally i think Madden is better...not to say ESPN was a bad game because by no means it's a great game but if ESPN had a more in-depth Franchise mode and more control like the owners mode i think ESPN wins hands down but until then IMO their still a tad behind. But both games are good for their own reasons.
Old 07-17-2004, 06:01 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 17

Definetely different franchise modes.
With espn you have weekly prep, with madden you got the money control and not so much the team control.
Two different franchise modes so buy both and be happy...you got the best of both worlds for $70

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »