Home

Now we wait...

This is a discussion on Now we wait... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2004, 11:47 PM   #1

OVR: 34
Now we wait...

We have seen many reviews...have seen a bunch of movies...got to experiment with what leagues will be like...but now we just wait in patience. In just a few days we get to experience what has been quite possibly the biggest release (IMO) of a sports game since I'm not sure when. This game has absorbed me so much in the last month, and I have no regrets. I'm really going to get some rest on Monday and Tuesday and then sit and enjoy this great game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2004, 11:50 PM   #2
MVP

jpup's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Now we wait...

i was much more hyped for MVP Baseball.
Old 07-18-2004, 12:04 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 6

the calm before the storm...
Old 07-18-2004, 12:17 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

The only thing that disappoints me is going to be the people who play one measly game then come on here and complain like hell. They did it for NCAA, it will happen for ESPN too, sadly.
Old 07-18-2004, 12:22 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:

EmekaConn said:
The only thing that disappoints me is going to be the people who play one measly game then come on here and complain like hell. They did it for NCAA, it will happen for ESPN too, sadly.

Yeah, prepare for the onslaught. "It runs a millionth of a sec slower when I'm near a defender! I'm taking it back!" And, "What?! You mean the towel boy doesn't bring my QB a drink during time outs? I want my money back!"

The last couple of major releases have been ridiculous over how nit-picky people are getting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2004, 12:38 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 13

There is NO way this game is going to live up to the extreme hype and I will bet there will be at least a few disappointed people. I hope it does, but very unlikely.
I will not be disappointed though knowing there can never be a perfect game. There will be flaws, but hope that people will appreciate the hard work necessary to make the game.

Look at the NCAA forum: Lots of people were very hyped for that game and some were let down. It is probably a good game overall, but since so many people expected so much, there was NO way it was going to meet those lofty expectations. The same will probably be true of ESPN NFL 2K5 so prepare!!
Old 07-18-2004, 12:41 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:

There is NO way this game is going to live up to the extreme hype and I will bet there will be at least a few disappointed people. I hope it does, but very unlikely.

Lebron James, 'nuff said.

youre right there are bound to be a few people that get the game and are disappointed or find some problem with it and dismiss it.. with NCAA people were hype, but the game only had a few changes to hype, this game is doing so much that i think people will be bound to find something they fall in love with.
Old 07-18-2004, 12:45 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

^^^ I love how some of you guys indirectly take shots at those of us who had slowdown on NCAA. I've never returned a game, nor am I nit-picky in the least sense, but I sure as heck returned NCAA. Read the reviews, the slowdown clearly affects gameplay and there's not cure for it. I could care less about waterboys in timeouts or cheerleaders who animate properly, but give me a game that is PLAYABLE!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »