Home

Online league No-shows?

This is a discussion on Online league No-shows? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2004, 03:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Online league No-shows?

Anyone know what will happen if one player goes online, and their opponent doesn't show???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2004, 04:53 PM   #2
Pro

Shamrock_11's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Online league No-shows?

If you look a this screenshot it looks the league your in has it's own lobby, and shows all the people in your league, and if you are scheduled to play them or not. I think this will make a lot easier to get your games played since you can see everyone on your schedule at once, and if they are online or not.

Online League Lobby
Old 07-19-2004, 05:00 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yeah, I saw that, but I'm wondering...you have a set time (decided by the admin of the league) to play the games. What happens is either 1) a player shows for the whole week, waiting on his opponent, and his opponent dropped out of the league and doesn't show? or 2) what happens if the game just doesn't get played in the set time?

Is there an instant loss for the no-show? Is there a simmed game if neither show? Will the one guy play the computer if one doesn't show? How will that happen, b/c if you're in a 32 team league, somebody's bound to be a poor sport and drop out if he's not winning.
Old 07-19-2004, 05:08 PM   #4
MVP

dbeth's Arena

OVR: 21

The way it worked on the ps2 last year was that you had a set time window to play/complete a game. It was up to the individual players to schedule that time. If someone didn't show, the commissioner had the powers to assign a forfeit to the no-show.

Unfortunately, no stats are gained from the forfeit, but the league keeps moving forward. You can't play your next opponent until your current opponent/game has a result. This doomed the leagues last year: between no-shows and a very suspect server system, ps2 league died a slow, painful death. Their plugs were pulled April 1.

Supposedly, they've reworked everything this year. They were great IF you had a core group of guys that were willing to play. My advice: start in a small league (8-12 people) and work up to the big numbers. People will want to get in 32-team leagues right away, and they'll be dying left and right by August because of too many forfeits.

Remember, you can have an 8-team league scheduled for 14 games (play everyone twice). You really do have a TON of options!
Old 07-19-2004, 05:14 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:

dbeth said:
The way it worked on the ps2 last year was that you had a set time window to play/complete a game. It was up to the individual players to schedule that time. If someone didn't show, the commissioner had the powers to assign a forfeit to the no-show.

Unfortunately, no stats are gained from the forfeit, but the league keeps moving forward. You can't play your next opponent until your current opponent/game has a result. This doomed the leagues last year: between no-shows and a very suspect server system, ps2 league died a slow, painful death. Their plugs were pulled April 1.

Supposedly, they've reworked everything this year. They were great IF you had a core group of guys that were willing to play. My advice: start in a small league (8-12 people) and work up to the big numbers. People will want to get in 32-team leagues right away, and they'll be dying left and right by August because of too many forfeits.

Remember, you can have an 8-team league scheduled for 14 games (play everyone twice). You really do have a TON of options!

Yup. On the PS2 last year I found that out the hard way. An opponent quit on me and another forfeited so my stats did not count. And to top it off the comish turned into a traitor and spammed the league board and abandoned it.

the_jared was his name I believe.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2004, 07:14 PM   #6
Pro

FocusYoMindOnDis's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:

dbeth said:

i like that idea..i was on CLSN.net last year and people would not showup...but the worst part was people had to report the scores o the website manually...and there were some inaccurate people with that...but i think ESPN, or VC will actually try to make this work...i am imagining tht at first people will be hyped...then it will die off. But when the football season picks up...people will come back...i plan to do a ten person league with people i know first, and i'll join someone elses league too.
Old 07-19-2004, 07:15 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 3

It would be cool if your opponent could just load your VIP Profile up and play that if you couldn't make it....
But I haven't heard anything about no shows

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »