Home

Weekly Preparation

This is a discussion on Weekly Preparation within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2004, 12:15 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
Weekly Preparation

I had success with Weekly Preparation. What you need to do is work on position specific things for everyone. Everyone needs to get a workout. If all you focus on is the HB then the HB will be all that goes up and everyone will drop. To be successful make sure all postions get some sort of training. Also lots of 7 on 7's and scrimmages help. Never neglect a postion with the exception of punters and kickers. They don't need as much time spent on them. Anyway hope this helps.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2004, 12:24 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Weekly Preparation

someone from the espnvideogames forum gave these hints for weekly prep (thanks to him lots )

"Well, I hear you guys are having problem with the weekly prep. I'm a converted madden fan and am only decent at playing the game. I am a student manager in the big ten, so I know exactly to a T what game week is like, and no we don't suck. Now, when doing weekly prep I have all guys in green or at a stand still. The trick is this....
Make sure of these keys:
Monday: Team meeting, Coaches film, and player weights. give all players time in weight room, and use extra points on injuries, extra weights, or jump start on film.
Tuesday:1/2 day off, make sure all players get film. Use extra points to catch your struggling players up with extra drills.
Wednesday: Full Scrimmage with full pads, and full team aerobics. Extra points to injuries, pos drills.
Thursday: 7 on 7, full scrimmage, with partial pads only. Use extra points on film, extra drills and injuries.
Friday: Full scrimmage with partial pads. Extra drills, film, and injury recovery.
Note: make sure all players get at least 1-2 film session, 1-2 pos drill sessions, and ONLY 1 of aerobics and weights. This is only a general outline to keep you from struggling. I can't be much more specific as to how I got all green, 1 red from time to time. FYI, this is sort of like an NFL week is like, but weights are 3 times a weel, film every day, running everyday, 2.5-3 hour practices with 9 on 7, 7 on 7, and pos drills everyday. full pads on wed, thurs, and shells and short fridays.

I will help you out with this one, since I use the Patriots and Bears. The key to this thing is in the coaching notes, where they break down the advantages you have over the other team, how you all match up, etc, etc.
Once you read through it and see what areas your players need to work on, IE Terrell needs work on catching balls, you make sure to key on that overall group for drills, meetings,etc. However do not forget about the rest of your team and coaching staff, use all of the great tools here. THE KEY IS IN THE TIMING AND HOW HARD YOU PUSH THEM, READ THIS AND SEE WHAT I MEAN:

Monday: Team Meeting, 7-7 Drill(No pads), Coaching Meeting, Therapy time for injured guys, WEIGHT/FILM FOR OFFENSE, WEIGHT/DRILLS FOR DEFENSE, Kickers time.

Tuesday: Weight/Training Drills for offense/Defense, Individual drills for areas of improvement, Film time for Offense/Defense, 2 7-7 drills, full scrimage.

Wednesday: Half day off, Team Drills, Individual drills, Film time, 7-7(Medium speed).

Thursday: Full scrimage(Partial pads), Weight/Film time for Offense/Defense, Individaul drills for guys.

Friday: Full Scrimmage with Pads, Training Drills(No weights due to game next day), Indiv. Drills, etc

This is an incredibly deep addition that takes some getting used to and real good micro managing skills. Remember that each team you play is different and you WILL NEED TO CHANGE THE PLAN ACCORDINGLY. That is the beauty of it, it allows you to key in on the areas your team needs to work on every week. Using a format similar to the one above I had almost everyone get better on the Patriots, Brady went up 2 points/Dillion went up 1, Receivers/D Line improved, so I CAN SAY IT DOES WORK IF YOU LEARN TO USE IT RIGHT. You cannot just run your team to death, have them lift every day, do no film/Coaching meetings and expect improvement!! This is trying to replicate what real NFL coaches have to go through to prepare for a game, and after seeing this I would not want to coach in this league, what a headache this would be every week. However it is a great addition that once mastered is deadly!! IF YOU DO NOT LIKE IT, JUST TURN IT OFF IN THE FRANCHISE OPTIONS.
Read through the breakdowns, key on those areas 4/5 days, GIVE THEM AT LEAST ONE HALF DAY OFF TO REST, use a combo of film/team/scrimmage/etc. IN OTHER WORDS EXPERIMENT A LITTLE HERE AND HAVE SOME FUN WITH IT!! There is no set way to do this, you play a different team every week so you will have to adjust it, but figure out a base to go off. If your team has a ton of injury prone guys, do not push them too hard or you will pay. If you have a ton of STUDS, push them but not too hard. READ/LOOK AT ALL THE NICE DIAGRAMS THAT THE VIP SYSTEM HAS FOR YOU, THEY HELP OUT ALOT. Hope this helps you guys out."
Old 07-22-2004, 01:10 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hmmm, I've done pretty much the same thing with my prep week and there were a lot of increases, but there were also a lot of drop offs. This is what I've tried so far.

Balanced approach:
Everyone gets some time with all areas, but on different days. No one got more than one session of weights/aerobic. Drills were done for those players I was trying to boost skills for. Film sessions throughout the week for all positions. Rehab for injured.

I did 2 full scrims, two 7on7's. The scrims were in partial pads, then full pads. The 7on7 were done with no pads, then partial pads.
Old 07-22-2004, 02:44 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

I sound stupid posting this - but were is weekly preperation at?? I looked everywhere (I think) on franchise mode. What is it under and how do I get to it.

Thanks, and please help me.
Old 07-22-2004, 02:55 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

IF its turned on you have to go to the actual game your gonna play and it will say "prepare for this game"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2004, 02:58 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 6

Can you let me know how much and to what strings you assign these to? On monday i did the Meeting and coach film then I only got to DT with Weights on 1 set. Also i would take it down to like 1st string on most the positions. How did you distribute?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »