Home

Patching....

This is a discussion on Patching.... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2006, 01:39 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 20
Patching....

Has anyone ever attempted to update 2K5 beyond rosters via patching? I am talking about ripping & patching an ISO for use on a modded xbox.

I asked Finn about this via PM but I dont know if he even checks messages here & I didnt really want to bother him over email. He's got enough on his plate w/ the editor.

I play this soccer game, Winning Eleven 9, that is a lot like the 2K series in that Konami lacks many of the great licenses that EA has for FIFA, yet they still have a vastly superior game. If you haven't seen this game already, it has the most-detailed, stable and rewarding in-game editor that I have ever come across in a good sports game- PC or console. Right down to the inclusion of a photoshop-like editor for logos and uniform decals.

Anyway, despite this amazing set of tools, some of the community for Winning Eleven 9 were still unsatisfied w/ their options, so they started patching the PC version to allow even more changes. Out of this, grew a patching-community for the XBox version of the game.

They change the stadiums, ads on the uniforms, boots (cleats), the netting on goals etc. It would be a great way to update 2K5 if its also possible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2006, 03:11 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Patching....

I considered this a while ago, but I don't think its going to happen. Most of the people here don't know how to extract the files from an XBOX iso (heck, I think most of the people here are playing on unmodded XBOXes). If someone with the necessary programming skills came along, there are a lot of issues that could be fixed satisfactorily. But until then, we just have to stick to playing around with the files we can readily access.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »