Home

For those who think that you can't run backwards in espn and complete

This is a discussion on For those who think that you can't run backwards in espn and complete within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2004, 06:24 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 12
For those who think that you can\'t run backwards in espn and complete

Just played a guy online, he whould run back 20 yard every pass play and whould throw to chris chambers everplay and 70% complete the pass even though i had him covered. Really pisses me off thats all he did the entire game and it was good enough, ran straight backwards, 10-20 yards then threw it to chambers. So i had to endure a hour of this bs and realize all this talk of how espn it was immpossible to drop back and do this was a lie, i actually thought it was true till this game. His name is solo btw. I Hate wasting my time online when i have to play people like him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2004, 07:19 AM   #2
MVP

MartinDihigo's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: For those who think that you can\'t run backwards in espn and compl

Quote:

maddenps2 said:
Just played a guy online, he whould run back 20 yard every pass play and whould throw to chris chambers everplay and 70% complete the pass even though i had him covered. Really pisses me off thats all he did the entire game and it was good enough, ran straight backwards, 10-20 yards then threw it to chambers. So i had to endure a hour of this bs and realize all this talk of how espn it was immpossible to drop back and do this was a lie, i actually thought it was true till this game. His name is solo btw. I Hate wasting my time online when i have to play people like him.

Yea it is definetly possible. especially vs zone this is cheese(anytime u drop more then 10 is cheese but listen up...) , because the zone will leave the qb a little as he "FADES".

There are some ways to stomp a fader - 1.- a very quality blitz can drop him regularly. - if u can blitz the right way using turbo and storming after the qb you can send him running back and it will take too long for the throwing animation to let him throw the ball (plus u will rush him into doing some taps pumpfakes ... ) also if he is no threat to run - , One of those prevent defenses (cover who? whut? i forget the name) works well and then u just need to hit switch man to one of the DBs if he tosses it deep and u will have guys waiting to swat/int the ball.

Move the DBs deep coverage audible so he has to REALLY fade to get chambers to move deeper , then change men and defend the pass on that lobby crap he is bound to throw.

Depending on his qb the pass will have less acuracy and that helps to switch a man because you don't have to worry as much about being burnt and not having 2 dbs at the ball..

all this strategy is cool - but what i really do is just quit the match and play a new person to avoid any stress- if the guy seems otherwise cool i might ask him to stop fading once.

Those
Old 07-30-2004, 07:25 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: For those who think that you can\'t run backwards in espn and complete

I can't quit cause that ruins my reputation, but i was getting pissed, it also makes me angry cause i haven't won a game online and just about won this one, playing fair vrs cheese. I don't understand how someone can enjoy running backwards and lobbing to the same guy over and over for 40 mins. I made some interceptions, but his cheese was enough to win.
Old 07-30-2004, 07:35 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: For those who think that you can\'t run backwards in espn and complete

Had a similar problem with someone who was the Dolphins. He'd run the hurry up offense every single play and he would always run the ball out of a pass play with the QB. This is very upsetting, but I always make sure to give them the appropriate feedback after the game so no one else has to suffer through it.
Old 07-30-2004, 08:51 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

you try blitzing him every time he tried that crap? Doubling the WR ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2004, 09:03 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 10

Yeah if you send a blitz from one of your outside Linebackers every play you'll sack someone like that a lot. I had to stop one game because I was feeling bad for the guy.

As much as I use my DTs and DEs they have to be double teamed leaving any blitzing outside LB open to rape those who try and drop back more than 5 or 10 yards.
Old 07-30-2004, 09:24 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:

maddenps2 said:

whats the problem? you are just angry and frustrated because you lost - so what if he drops back 20 yards and throws bombs? why dont you triple cover the receiver? take a lineman off the line and shadow the receiver...so what if its not 'realistic' its an online game and ppl will do whatever they can to win - exploit the game to their advantage, yes! - ppl do it! - you are going to have to learn that this is the way people play online and if you dont like it then i would suggest you dont play online - or just play against friends of yours - if i played online i'd want to win as well - probably try to do anything i could to get the win, and my opponent would have to stop me in order to defeat me.
Old 07-30-2004, 10:06 AM   #8
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:

choad said:
Quote:

maddenps2 said:

whats the problem? you are just angry and frustrated because you lost - so what if he drops back 20 yards and throws bombs? why dont you triple cover the receiver? take a lineman off the line and shadow the receiver...so what if its not 'realistic' its an online game and ppl will do whatever they can to win - exploit the game to their advantage, yes! - ppl do it! - you are going to have to learn that this is the way people play online and if you dont like it then i would suggest you dont play online - or just play against friends of yours - if i played online i'd want to win as well - probably try to do anything i could to get the win, and my opponent would have to stop me in order to defeat me.

The quality of the game matters more to me then a win. Hey you can't win them all but I appreciate a a str8 up lost then a win over a cheeser.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »