Home

of Speed Attibute & 40 times

This is a discussion on of Speed Attibute & 40 times within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2004, 01:51 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
of Speed Attibute & 40 times

I thought I saw a list once that had the 40 times listed and what those 40 times translated into the Speed Attribute.

I searched high and low and could not find it. Maybe it doesn't exist, maybe I just don't know how to use the search button properly.

Any help?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2004, 08:43 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: of Speed Attibute & 40 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvarr
I thought I saw a list once that had the 40 times listed and what those 40 times translated into the Speed Attribute.

I searched high and low and could not find it. Maybe it doesn't exist, maybe I just don't know how to use the search button properly.

Any help?

anybody?
Old 08-24-2004, 08:52 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 26

Just go into practice mode, offence only, other teams forty yard line, run some draws using HB’s with different speeds, and time it. I did, and found that a speed rating of somewhere around 90 is about as fast as anybody should (humanly) be. A 0 Speed rating gets you a 5.5 runner or something.
Old 08-24-2004, 10:48 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Just go into practice mode, offence only, other teams forty yard line, run some draws using HB’s with different speeds, and time it. I did, and found that a speed rating of somewhere around 90 is about as fast as anybody should (humanly) be. A 0 Speed rating gets you a 5.5 runner or something.
Baa...

Was this on Slow game speed or does it matter?

Here is a range with suggested positions that would qualify...obviously, there are exceptions to the rule.

What do you think? Makes sense?

burners should be 85-90 (HBs, WRs, DBs)
fast should be 70-84 (HBs, WRs, DBs, some QBs)
average should be 55 - 69 (FBs, TEs, LBs, most QBs)
slow should be 40 - 54 (OL, DL)
plodding should be 20 - 39 (oldtime classic team def linemen basically).

C
Old 08-24-2004, 11:15 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Baa...

Was this on Slow game speed or does it matter?

Here is a range with suggested positions that would qualify...obviously, there are exceptions to the rule.

What do you think? Makes sense?

burners should be 85-90 (HBs, WRs, DBs)
fast should be 70-84 (HBs, WRs, DBs, some QBs)
average should be 55 - 69 (FBs, TEs, LBs, most QBs)
slow should be 40 - 54 (OL, DL)
plodding should be 20 - 39 (oldtime classic team def linemen basically).

C
Normal speed, and it does matter. The chart looks pretty good. I assign 90+ speeds to a few select players, to make things interesting. I try to have at least one 90+ offensive and one 90+ defensive guy on each team. And put Dante Hall up to 99… he’s not human :-)

I heard somewhere that players in the NFL are all within 2.0 secs of each other speed-wise. So I personally have no problems lowering some OL’s speed to 10-20, and maybe even a few DT’s as well. The DE’s need more or they’re pretty useless, IMO. 30+ is probably as low as they should go, again IMO, and only a few not-so-good guys.

OLB’s I’ve set at 60+ to make sure they have a chance with outside runs, but a few ILB’s in the 50’s is okay because they can stand there and HB’s will run into them – easy job!

FB’s and TE’s can be set in the 60’s no problem and still be effective in certain situations. And I think more of them should be that low as well… down in the 70’s at least, anyway. I love creating FB’s with 60 speed and 95 Break Tackle – old timey football, baby! A few in the 80’s is okay, but not so many as to vanilla the speedier HB’s and WR’s.

HB’s, WR’s and DB’s pretty well need 80+ speed to be effective, although the occasional 70-ish WR or DB can work… sort of. I personally just set then all at 80+. I know some people think speed doesn’t matter all that much with the DB’s. But it’s also a personal thing with me. No way can I justify having a bunch of DE's with the same speed as my HB's or WR's. A few of course, but not too many. Franchise mode is a bit wacky that way, BTW. Tons of 70 speed HB’s and stuff. Not realistic… always IMO of course.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »