Home

team ratings

This is a discussion on team ratings within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2006, 01:26 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
team ratings

I'm new to this form and i must say job well done to keep this game alive. I'm am new to AR and am wondering
1-is there a place to get team rating updates or are they included in most roster updates?
2-can i use two saves at the same time. Like can i use the roster update along with team rating updates while i play the game at the same at the same time?
3-Is there a way to download all the historical teams rosters in one unit or do i have to do them one buy one?
4-Is it possible to us an historical team in the franchise mode?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2006, 01:33 PM   #2
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: team ratings

1-what is a team rating update? if you mean the general numbers for offense, defense and overall: that's determined by which players are on the overall roster and possibly by what the depth chart is.
2-again, depending on what you mean by team rating here.
3-i doubt it
4-i doubt it
Old 06-19-2006, 01:41 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

1-Yes i mean the general numbers for offense and defense, do they change with roster updates? I've notice that My Redskins defensive and offensive ratings are still the same as before the roster update.
2-I mean can you use two downloads (such as roster downloads from this form and a slider download from another) in a franchise at the same time?
3-Yes i have heard of people being able to play with the historical teams in the franchise and i'm wondering how to do it.
Thanks
Old 06-19-2006, 05:48 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones
1-Yes i mean the general numbers for offense and defense, do they change with roster updates? I've notice that My Redskins defensive and offensive ratings are still the same as before the roster update.
2-I mean can you use two downloads (such as roster downloads from this form and a slider download from another) in a franchise at the same time?
3-Yes i have heard of people being able to play with the historical teams in the franchise and i'm wondering how to do it.
Thanks
I can answer number 3 (and 4):

1) get Finn's editor
2) DL all the historic teams - they are invidual zip files (do not unzip each team file) - see my sig for link to files
3) open Finn's editor and read in a default roster file (not a modded one)
4) select to import team by right clicking on team name in editor
5) select the same historic franchise to import for the team you show in the editor (ie: 89 49ers for the 49ers, 85 Bears for the Bears, etc...)
6) simply go to each team in the roster and repeat #5
7) save your file with a new roster name

Note: the depth charts do get whacked out a bit in this process. Check those when you get in the game for each teams before starting a franchise.

Also, there is no way currently to rename regular teams to historic teams, so you will see Chicago Bears instead of '85 Chicago Bears.

Good luck!
Old 06-19-2006, 10:59 PM   #5
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Good to know.... I would guess then what you would want to do is once you go through that whole process, save the franchise twice, one as a rotating master file so that you don't have to do it all over again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2006, 09:26 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Good to know.... I would guess then what you would want to do is once you go through that whole process, save the franchise twice, one as a rotating master file so that you don't have to do it all over again.
Good point...agreed.

With all the teams you can actually have like 3 or 4 different historic roster files. Maybe like a 1960's early 70's one, 1980's-90's, an overall "best" teams file, etc...

C
Old 06-20-2006, 09:50 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 9

I already made a roster set using Capa's historic teams. It works great. So you can play a franchise with all classic teams.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:59 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewk
I already made a roster set using Capa's historic teams. It works great. So you can play a franchise with all classic teams.
Hi Matt,

Hey...how did the season play out. I mean, who made the playoffs and SB?

Also, would you consider posting your roster set to the site here?

C

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »