Home

***NFL SALARIES: A COMMUNITY EFFORT***

This is a discussion on ***NFL SALARIES: A COMMUNITY EFFORT*** within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2006, 11:07 PM   #1
Rookie

Phil21's Arena

OVR: 3
***NFL SALARIES: A COMMUNITY EFFORT***

With Finn's new editor you can change the salaries of all the players. However, finding palyers salaries on the internet isn't as organized as it should be. There is no site that gives information on the contracts on all NFL players- and there should be. I was thinking that it would be really benefial if we, as a group, found the salaries for a lot of the players so they can be put in the game and franchise mode will be perfect. We don't need to find the salaries for every single NFL player, as that would be way to much to ask for, but maybe just having the top 10 to 15 paid players on each team would be a good start.

In addition to salaries, the amount of years each player has on his contract should be found too. This would cause the free agency in franchise to resemble what it actually will in the coming years.

We could split the work up into the 8 different divisions, much like how the roster project worked. I think that would work fine. If we do it that way I'd be willing to take the AFC North.

So what do you guys think? Would any of you be willing to help out? If so, let me know and volunteer for a division. Thanks to anyone that wants to help out.

- OS Staff
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2006, 11:15 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: ***NFL SALARIES: A COMMUNITY EFFORT***

i'm down, but only if we can get 8+ people to work on it, and we should do every salary for every player. think about it, 8 people, that's 4 teams each. each person does 1 team and passes it on to the next person. by the time it comes to be that person's turn again, it wuddnt feel so tedious, since it would be a good 8-10 day break in between teams. but im down.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:05 AM   #3
Rookie

Phil21's Arena

I'm thinking people just post here what they find on the players salaries for all the teams instead of having people add them to the roster file. This way everyone can work and find info at the same time, and at their own pace, and other roster makers (including myself) can get and use this information for their rosters and its not just for the official community roster project.

I'll research tonight on the NFC North, and get started. Flipmo what division would you want to take?

- OS Staff
Old 06-26-2006, 01:11 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'd be glad to help, and I'm sure pf03ho would too if you asked. We've already started this work, so its nice to have more help.

Check our previous thread for what we've been able to find:

Roster with actually cap/contracts...

And Phil21, you have a PM.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:46 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Just follow this link to get any currently signed players contract length and yearly salary. It does not have any info on bonuses though. Also player contracts are signed under their legal names which can be slightly different than there on-field names: Deuce McAllister is really Dulymus McAllister. Just use last names for the search and make sure you put 2006 in the year column as it defaults to 2003. Can also look up entire teams at a time.

link: http://www.nflpa.org/Members/main.as...+Player+Search
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »