Home

just an idea for updating ps2 rosters...

This is a discussion on just an idea for updating ps2 rosters... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2006, 06:18 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
just an idea for updating ps2 rosters...

i dont know if this would work but here goes,
lets say you start a franchise with the original roster,all teams selected and simulate till you can edit the rookie list,first of all,can the entire list be edited?
then simulate to the end of the season,release and sign players that correspond to the following years opening roster for all teams,pick the rookies to go to the correct teams.
before you start the next season save the franchise as 2006 season.
does it sound like it would work,depends if all rookies can be edited.
it sounds like a lot of work but i think it would be worth it

i will give it a go,can anyone give me details of last years draft picks?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2006, 01:42 PM   #2
Rookie

tpaterniti's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: just an idea for updating ps2 rosters...

It is better to just edit a roster. You can edit the rookies, but they will have faces that won't remotely correspond to their real appearances. Also once you start a season you can no longer edit attributes of non-rookies, and you have to worry about salaries as well which would be about impossible. What I mean is to cut and sign all the players to their right teams with a salary cap would probably put every team over the cap and then you couldn't play the season anyway. Trust me, it's best to just edit a roster, and if you wonder, if you max out the names in the roster it won't let you edit rookie names either if you start a franchise with that roster. I don't have spreadsheets separated into this year's rookies and last year's, but I have them by team for the teams I've done, 49ers-Cowboys (alphabetically), Eagles, Saints, Texans, Titans, Vikings. Email me and I will send them to you.

[email protected]
Old 07-21-2006, 04:48 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 6
Thumbs up Re: just an idea for updating ps2 rosters...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpaterniti
It is better to just edit a roster. You can edit the rookies, but they will have faces that won't remotely correspond to their real appearances. Also once you start a season you can no longer edit attributes of non-rookies, and you have to worry about salaries as well which would be about impossible. What I mean is to cut and sign all the players to their right teams with a salary cap would probably put every team over the cap and then you couldn't play the season anyway. Trust me, it's best to just edit a roster, and if you wonder, if you max out the names in the roster it won't let you edit rookie names either if you start a franchise with that roster. I don't have spreadsheets separated into this year's rookies and last year's, but I have them by team for the teams I've done, 49ers-Cowboys (alphabetically), Eagles, Saints, Texans, Titans, Vikings. Email me and I will send them to you.

[email protected]
How far along are you with your next release?
Old 07-22-2006, 01:22 PM   #4
Rookie

tpaterniti's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Money
How far along are you with your next release?
49ers, Bears, Bengals, Bills, Broncos, Browns, Bucs, Cardinals, Chargers, Chiefs, Colts, Cowboys, Eagles, Saints, Steelers, Texans, Titans, Vikings.

18 of 32 teams. My goal is to finish about September 1 give or take a few days. I started back in December. I also have spreadsheets for all the teams.
Old 07-22-2006, 09:59 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpaterniti
49ers, Bears, Bengals, Bills, Broncos, Browns, Bucs, Cardinals, Chargers, Chiefs, Colts, Cowboys, Eagles, Saints, Steelers, Texans, Titans, Vikings.

18 of 32 teams. My goal is to finish about September 1 give or take a few days. I started back in December. I also have spreadsheets for all the teams.
Great news!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2006, 04:33 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

the player photos dont really bother me as long as the on field player looks remotely similar but i didnt think of the salary cap and also i didnt realise how many rookies i'd have to edit,over 200,and if the edit limit is about 130ish,then you'd be correct in just editing the roster would be easier.
we'll see....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »