Home

dan77733's ESPN NFL 2K5 roster 2K7 sample

This is a discussion on dan77733's ESPN NFL 2K5 roster 2K7 sample within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2006, 12:39 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 15
dan77733's ESPN NFL 2K5 roster 2K7 sample

While I was planning on creating my 2K7 roster after final cuts were made, I decided to start early. While my "final" roster will still be based on final cuts, I have finished a two team sample of my 2K7 roster file. I finished the San Francisco 49ers and the Philadelphia Eagles. Except for 49ers FS Vickiel Vaughn and Eagles DT LaJuan Ramsey, all their rookies were created and added to their respective team. I used my "roster2K6" file as the base but this is only for exhibition play as that stupid bug that has the starting QB returning kicks and punts still exists. I'll be creating my 2K7 roster file from scratch using Visual Concepts final roster update as the base come August. Check out the Eagles and 49ers and let me know what you guys think.

NOTE - While the overall rating for the 2006 rookies are final, non-rookies arent and are subject to change in my final roster.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_roster.zip (255.0 KB, 27 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2006, 01:35 PM   #2
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: dan77733's ESPN NFL 2K5 roster 2K7 sample

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
While I was planning on creating my 2K7 roster after final cuts were made, I decided to start early. While my "final" roster will still be based on final cuts, I have finished a two team sample of my 2K7 roster file. I finished the San Francisco 49ers and the Philadelphia Eagles. Except for 49ers FS Vickiel Vaughn and Eagles DT LaJuan Ramsey, all their rookies were created and added to their respective team. I used my "roster2K6" file as the base but this is only for exhibition play as that stupid bug that has the starting QB returning kicks and punts still exists. I'll be creating my 2K7 roster file from scratch using Visual Concepts final roster update as the base come August. Check out the Eagles and 49ers and let me know what you guys think.

NOTE - While the overall rating for the 2006 rookies are final, non-rookies arent and are subject to change in my final roster.

Finally at last, I've been waiting like forever for you to get started on these at now you've finally caught the bug (Sorry no pun intended) to get busy again!

I want to see the whole process from the beginning I'm already familiar with your 2K6 roster and its Franchise very immpressive job on both of them despite that crazy return bug I control all teams anyway at various point so it didn't bother me. I want to see some new and different ideas, I've checked out slimm44 and his work and liked what he did with them but need to see more and keep an open mind, this helps my perspective when creating different rosters and looks so I'm wishing you much success with these so show me something different but not crazy you know what I'm talkin' about bro just keep it real!

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101 aka "Jack Bauer"

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call … The Twilight Zone aka "Jack Bauer".
— Rod Serling
Old 07-29-2006, 03:51 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
Finally at last, I've been waiting like forever for you to get started on these at now you've finally caught the bug (Sorry no pun intended) to get busy again!

I want to see the whole process from the beginning I'm already familiar with your 2K6 roster and its Franchise very immpressive job on both of them despite that crazy return bug I control all teams anyway at various point so it didn't bother me. I want to see some new and different ideas, I've checked out slimm44 and his work and liked what he did with them but need to see more and keep an open mind, this helps my perspective when creating different rosters and looks so I'm wishing you much success with these so show me something different but not crazy you know what I'm talkin' about bro just keep it real!
Hey Rickster, yeah, I finally have started on my 2K7 roster. I was going to wait until final cuts but I keep seeing you, Flipmo23 and others working on their roster files so got a little anxious and decided to start early.

I'm still going to have global edits like I had in my 2K6 file but a few may be altered somewhat. The one thing that I have always hated since 2K3 is that players have attributes that they dont need. In 2K1 and 2K2, attributes were based on position and that's they way I like it to be which is why I added global edits in the first place.

The main new thing that I have planned is that im "re-doing" all the rookies ratings from 2004 and 2005 using the setup that I created for the 2006 rookies. Then, those rookies will be adjusted accordingly.

I also have a setup for player attributes that I may use if I have time to complete. It's basically based on tpaterniti's attribute chart but altered since all players, attributes and team ratings end in a 0, 2, 5, 7 or 8.

I also have something planned that has to do with 2K3 and 2K4 player ratings.

Speaking of 2K3, do you have the opening and final rosters for it from VC as is? If so, could you please post them or send them to me in a PM? I would appreciate it.

Also, in my final 2K7 roster, all the rookies from 2006 (and possibly 2004 and 2005 but I havent decided on that yet) will be included whether or not they are on a team, practice squad or as a free agent.

Right now, im waiting for ATS Consultants 2006 Ultimate Pro Football Annual to be in newsstands this week so I can easily check player stats from last year, depth charts, etc.

I know that you've been waiting for my 2K7 roster and everything but considering that my 49ers have traded away Pickett, signed FS Roman and DT/DE DeLoach in the last few days, you can see why I usually wait until final cuts. So many things can happen between now and September 2nd. Oh well.

Other then the basic stuff, I dont really have anything huge planned for my 2K7 roster. I have looked over some stuff like that 64/127 aggression model but I dont want any attribute to surpass 98 so that's eliminated. And just so you know, no player will be rated past 98 and no rookie will be rated past 82. I was thinking about using that speed percentage for OL so they can run faster when blocking on sweeps and tosses.

Anyway, that's pretty much it but I do have a second favor to ask of you. I know that one of your rosters uses global edits. Can you simulate a season and let me know if that starting QB punt/kick returner bug happens in you files? I'm trying to figure out what caused that to happen and if its not due to global edits, then my guess would be that I used two different editors.

Oh well, get back to me when you get a chance. Thanks.

Last edited by dan77733; 07-29-2006 at 03:55 PM.
Old 07-29-2006, 06:15 PM   #4
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Heres something you might want to try as a test which involves the process of testing and eliminating....use the editor to backup your file first be sure to actually save it first then back it up.

With your Franchise file in the editor select "Tools" you'll see "Backup" and "Restore" select "Restore" and open the drop box to select what single or all attributes you want to target.

I'd select the "Scamble" thats what I recall as a possible culprit in all this, anyway select scramle as the attribute to "Restore" remember the purpose here is to "Eliminate" the source or attribute causing this anomaly to occure so when you open the drop box be sure to select "Restore" not "Backup".

You'll see there three (3) options:

1. Player - Attributes
2. Player - Single Attributes
3. Personal Data

Select Player - Single Attributes which opens all attributes once one is selected you'll be taken to where all your files you've backup or should have.

You should have a backup for the last DL which was 2005-01-07 the official or one earlier if you have it, if you do "Back it up" thats where all the original attributes last defaulted by the VC crew are and players you might have forgotten ratings for like Collins in my roster, an easy find in an original file.

Check through the attributes by defaulting back to forth one at a time or combinations of the original attributes until one shows up as the possible problem to that QB running in the kick return game, its possible theres a global there that doesn't apply to all player positions.

Its just a suggestion but works for me and can be time consuming but better then searching player by player without this editor to find that bug or whatever it is.

Update 07-30-06, I just DL three rosters I have but two don't have dates the third is suppose to be fron 2003-01-03, I've got others but these are either the finals or simular.

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101 aka "Jack Bauer"

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call … The Twilight Zone aka "OS...Da Spot".
— Rod Serling
Attached Files
File Type: zip NFL2K3_Roster1.zip (256.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: zip NFL2K3_Roster2.zip (256.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: zip NFL2K3_Roster01031.zip (258.7 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by Rickster101; 07-30-2006 at 03:46 PM.
Old 07-30-2006, 02:20 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
Heres something you might want to try as a test which involves the process of testing and eliminating....use the editor to backup your file first be sure to actually save it first then back it up.

With your Franchise file in the editor select "Tools" you'll see "Backup" and "Restore" select "Restore" and open the drop box to select what single or all attributes you want to target.

I'd select the "Scamble" thats what I recall as a possible culprit in all this, anyway select scramle as the attribute to "Restore" remember the purpose here is to "Eliminate" the source or attribute causing this anomaly to occure so when you open the drop box be sure to select "Restore" not "Backup".

You'll see there three (3) options:

1. Player - Attributes
2. Player - Single Attributes
3. Personal Data

Select Player - Single Attributes which opens all attributes once one is selected you'll be taken to where all your files you've backup or should have.

You should have a backup for the last DL which was 2005-01-07 the official or one earlier if you have it, if you do "Back it up" thats where all the original attributes last defaulted by the VC crew are and players you might have forgotten ratings for like Collins in my roster, an easy find in an original file.

Check through the attributes by defaulting back to forth one at a time or combinations of the original attributes until one shows up as the possible problem to that QB running in the kick return game, its possible theres a global there that doesn't apply to all player positions.

Its just a suggestion but works for me and can be time consuming but better then searching player by player without this editor to find that bug or whatever it is.
I just "restored" the scramble attribute using VC's final roster update. I will test this out tomorrow and see what happens. Thanks.

P.S. - Do you have the opening and final roster updates from VC as is for NFL 2K3?

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2006, 01:38 AM   #6
Banned

Thanks Rickster. I just downloaded the rosters and will look them over tomorrow. Thanks for taking the time to help me out. It's greatly appreciated.

As for that "bug" in my 2k6 roster and franchise files, I tried that "restore" thing that you told me to do with the "scramble" attribute but the bug still happens for CPU controlled teams. I think it's because I used two different editors.

I'll be testing out my global edits on VC's final base roster as is to see what happens.

Thanks again for the 2K3 rosters.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:33 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

dan, any updates on your rosters? I would really like to try them out
Old 09-15-2006, 02:44 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmizzle1
dan, any updates on your rosters? I would really like to try them out
I have started my 2k7 roster from scratch using VC's final roster update. I started this past Monday. I work five days a week and dont have a lot of time especially with Sundays being one of my off days to watch football.

Here's what I have done thus far -

-Advanced every player two years
-Auto Body Type (using my setup)
-Global Edits (using my setup)
-Edited the Power Run Style (using my setup) for all positions except for RB and WR (I will adjust those two positions later on)
-Created several missing rookies from the 2004 NFL Draft Class
-Adjusted all the 2004 drafted rookies using my rookie rating setup. These players from 2004 (and 2005) will be adjusted accordingly to how they have done the last season or two.

My roster will have ALL the drafted rookies from 2004, 2005 and 2006 except for 49ers DT Christian Ferrera (2004 / retired due to inury), Broncos RB Maurice Clarett (2005 / out of NFL) and Packers WR Terrence Murphy (2005 / retired due to injury). Basically, I want to have all the drafted rookies from the last three drafts available in-game unless they arent in the NFL or have retired due to injury or whatever.

I have a lot more to do before I post my 2k7 roster. I hope to have it all done by the end of the month especially since I want to start a damn franchise already on October 2nd. Trust me though, my roster will be damn good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »