Home

If you got the #1 pick this year - who do you take?

This is a discussion on If you got the #1 pick this year - who do you take? within the Fantasy Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > Fantasy Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2019, 01:22 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Icon5 If you got the #1 pick this year - who do you take?

I'm not drafting 1st but I am drafting 2nd in my PPR league, so my question is, who do you think is the top pick in fantasy this year?

My initial thought was Ezekiel Elliot but then I do recall how hard Barkley and McCaffrey came on at the end of last year. And both of those guys catch a good bit more balls than Zeke too.

Then my wife is a Saints fan so there is Kamara as well (although he seemed to fade at the end of the year last year this year there is no Mark Ingram so..)

Also, I'm a Cowboys fan so I wonder if I am being objective by considering Zeke as my pick.

Right now honestly I am leaning towards McCaffrey then Barkley. And obviously it depends upon what the number one guy does but I'm trying to at least figure out 2 picks in order to accommodate that.

I would love to hear who you guys would look to pick first.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2019, 01:44 PM   #2
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18
Re: If you got the #1 pick this year - who do you take?

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the top 5-6 HBs, or even Mahomes at #1. The HB group has leveled out a bit, and there are some unknowns with LeVeon in NY and Saquon losing ODB and possibly having a rookie QB come in during the season at some point.

I think CMC, Gurley, Kamara, Zeke, Gordon (if he shows up), and Mahomes are all safe picks.

Watch me play video games

Last edited by Jr.; 07-22-2019 at 01:47 PM.
Old 07-22-2019, 01:51 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Yeah the Barkley Dorian with losing Odell and maybe having a new QB is sort of why I was leaning towards Christian.

Thanks for your thoughts..kind of what I was thinking too

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Old 07-27-2019, 09:31 AM   #4
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

Zeke all day
Old 08-12-2019, 11:49 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Non-keeper work league and I managed to get the #1 pick again. The consensus seems to be Barkley, but I'm strongly considering Kamara.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2019, 09:50 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
Non-keeper work league and I managed to get the #1 pick again. The consensus seems to be Barkley, but I'm strongly considering Kamara.
My wife is a huge Saints game so I'd like him as well considering we will watch all their games regardless, but I'm a little afraid of how he faded strongly at the end of the year last year.

Old 08-14-2019, 12:08 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 13

I have the 4th pick in my draft, and I thought I was all set - I'd get who is left of the only four truly elite backs - Barkley, McCaffrey, Kamara and Elliott. The problem is Zeke's holdout. What if he doesn't show? Or shows up in week 10? I am not sure whether to take Zeke and hope for the best, or pivot to David Johnson or maybe go WR with Adams.

To answer your question, I'd take McCaffrey first - Barkley is too much of a risk with OBJ gone and potentially a rookie QB. But, if Barkley is there (and McCaffrey is gone) at #2, if I was you, I'd be happy to grab him.
Old 08-14-2019, 02:25 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

If you got the #1 pick this year - who do you take?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
I have the 4th pick in my draft, and I thought I was all set - I'd get who is left of the only four truly elite backs - Barkley, McCaffrey, Kamara and Elliott. The problem is Zeke's holdout. What if he doesn't show? Or shows up in week 10? I am not sure whether to take Zeke and hope for the best, or pivot to David Johnson or maybe go WR with Adams.

To answer your question, I'd take McCaffrey first - Barkley is too much of a risk with OBJ gone and potentially a rookie QB. But, if Barkley is there (and McCaffrey is gone) at #2, if I was you, I'd be happy to grab him.

I was just thinking this exact thought this morning. I am scared to take Zeke I think now so assuming the guy on front of me takes Barkley (I believe he will just from knowing him a long time) I'll take McCaffrey I think..

And vice versa if the opposite happens...although Barkley does scare me a little too for the reasons you said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > Fantasy Football »