Home

The Greatest Mo' on Turf (ReDux) - A Detroit Lions Dynasty

This is a discussion on The Greatest Mo' on Turf (ReDux) - A Detroit Lions Dynasty within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2023, 04:44 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
The Greatest Mo' on Turf (ReDux) - A Detroit Lions Dynasty

Spoiler

After the shocking news last week from the Detroit Lions of relieving the General Manager of his duties, they followed it up on Monday with another bombshell - they have let go of the entire coaching staff, instead looking for new blood and a “new culture in the Motor City.” The new GM/Head Coaching job was not long vacant, however, as just two days after the vacancies, relative new-comer Justin Hunt has been tapped to fill both roles going forward.

The Lions and their new head coach are set to have a Press Conference today.

REPORTER: “Mr. Hunt, why do you believe the Ford family has chosen you, a relative unknown, to take over this long and storied franchise?”
HUNT: “Well, I think my college resume speaks for itself. I took an unknown Georgia State squad and navigated the NCAA terrain to win multiple National Championships. I also helped my players win many awards throughout the years, including a few Heismans. I think my pedigree kinda speaks for itself, don’t you think?”
REPORTER: “Well, yes, there’s no doubt that you can win at the college level, but I think some people attribute your success to your unconventional playbooks at Georgia State. Do you really think you’ll be able to bring your Shootbone and 3-3-5 to the NFL?
HUNT: “Nah, I don’t think the 3-3-5 would be strong enough to stop the top players in the NFL. I do however believe parts of that playbook can be used in certain situations, but I will be keeping with the 3 man front line, but more than likely backed by 4 backers - with maybe a wrinkle or two thrown in *wink*”
Reporter: “Wrinkles, huh? Well, your offense at Georgia State sure did have a lot of wrinkles. What about that playbook; are you planning on bringing it to the Lions?”
HUNT: “Yeah, that was a fun playbook to run. But, if I’m being honest, I just don’t see it transferring over to the NFL. I think defenses are too savvy when it comes to their coverage schemes, and I’m just not sure I’m ready to try it out here. I will be playing a fast-paced offense like I did there, though, for sure. You guys remember the ‘99 Rams? Well, in case you didn’t know Detroit also plays on turf *smiles*”
REPORTER: “*Chuckles* Do you really think you can be the new ‘Greatest Show’?”

2022-23 Season (Season 1):
Spoiler

Last edited by J.hunt1376; 02-01-2024 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Added up to Offseason
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2023, 02:40 PM   #2
Just started!

Re: The Greatest Mo' on Turf (ReDux) - A Detroit Lions Dynasty

Super in depth, keep updating whenever you can.
Old 07-06-2023, 11:01 AM   #3
Rookie

Thanks. The wife is gone next week, so I will be able to get to more games. I'm really hoping we can string some better offense together because that week 3 was ROUGH!
Old 01-24-2024, 11:18 AM   #4
Rookie

Updated the OP with happenings up to Week 9. I will try to get through the rest of this season tonight (not playing another game until week 17 will help [I highly doubt we make the playoffs this year]). Possibly starting the draft tonight as well.

Last edited by J.hunt1376; 01-24-2024 at 06:43 PM.
Old 01-26-2024, 04:56 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Just got caught up, looking interesting so far. Good luck with the offseason
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »