Home

San Diego State/MWC Dynasty (NCAA 10)

This is a discussion on San Diego State/MWC Dynasty (NCAA 10) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2009, 06:24 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
San Diego State/MWC Dynasty (NCAA 10)

After reading others dynasties for the past six months, I've finally been inspired enough to start my own on here. Since I am entirely incapable of any of that fancy html stuff, I have made a terribly constructed wikipage that I will continue updating with all the good stuff. I will provide game recaps and news stories here. What I basically did was customize the Mountain West into a bit of a stronger conference and will begin play with San Diego State. I play 5 minute quarters, on varsity level, and will be adjusting difficulty as needed. Based on what I have done so far in the game, I may need to jump up to all-american, but we will see. Anyways, check my sig for the wikipage if you want, otherwise I'll keep you all updated!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2009, 06:31 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: San Diego State/MWC Dynasty (NCAA 10)

Mountain West Conference Announces Changes

In an attempt to strengthen the conference enough to earn an automatic BCS berth, three teams have been removed from the Mountain West in a bank-busting move. Air Force, New Mexico, and Wyoming all were relegated to the WAC with Boise State, Hawaii, and Nevada all making the jump to the MWC. It took an astounding monetary settlement to get all schools to agree to the deal, but should enhance the conference's profile across the country. The new deal also adds intenisty to the in-state rivalry between Nevada and UNLV.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:38 PM   #3
Rookie

San Diego State Makes Questionable Coaching Move

In what has been deemed a questionable move at best, San Diego State has backed out of its agreement with newly hired Brady Hoke. A spokesman for the University went on record as saying, "Things weren't what we initially thought they were, it is best for both parties to part ways and begin anew." Any further questions were simply met with a no comment reply. Shortly after the initial announcement, the school held a press conference to announce the hiring of a new head coach. Buster Sparks was announced as the new leader of the football program to a mixed reaction of the crowd. The young Sparks is not without success, having toiled as a head coach in the high school ranks across the Western United States for the past ten years, but has never been a member of a college coaching staff. Sparks spoke for a few minutes and said, "This is the opportunity of a lifetime. San Diego State has handed me the keys to this program, and I'm going to lead us into some good years. The best has yet to come." For a program short on success in recent memory, the fresh face and optimism may be needed.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:30 PM   #4
MVP

Hushroom's Arena

OVR: 10

Being from Vegas, I think it was very cool you brought Boise State, UNR, and Hawaii to the MWC.

Looking forward to following this

GO REBELS!
Old 09-30-2009, 10:13 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyNaStY JOSH
Being from Vegas, I think it was very cool you brought Boise State, UNR, and Hawaii to the MWC.

Looking forward to following this

GO REBELS!
I definitely wanted to shake it up a little bit and make it more interesting. I've wanted to do a dynasty with a MWC or WAC team for a while, but never really liked how the bottom dwellers of each league were so weak (ie Wyoming), so I just combined the two.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2009, 10:14 PM   #6
Rookie

SDSU Unveils 2009 Schedule
@ UCLA
vs. San Jose State
@ Idaho
@ Nevada
vs. New Mexico State
BYE
vs. BYU
@ Colorado State
vs. Boise State
vs. TCU
vs. Hawaii
@ Utah
@ UNLV
Early Prognosticators say 6 wins is not out of reach for the Aztecs, and with games against BYU, Boise State, and TCU at home there is some room for an upset.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:30 PM   #7
Rookie

Bruins Pick Off Win From Aztecs
Aztec fans all had upset on their minds when making the trip to Pasadena early Saturday morning. Little did they know how close to fruition their thoughts would come. UCLA did little to stop SDSU's offense in the first half, with SDSU amassing 200 yards of offense. The Bruin offense didn't have any success, as they only had racked up 64 yards of offense by the half. The score at the half was 14-10 Aztecs, thanks to a late field goal by the Bruins.
The Aztec defense came out swarming again in the second half, and the offense was able to add another 7 points to its lead, but the fourth quarter was a different story. UCLA made some adjustments, bottled up the Aztec run game, and dared QB Ryan Lindley to beat them. The game stayed 21-10 until just over three minutes were left in the game. With the Aztecs driving, they were faced with a long third down from 22 yard line. Unfortunately, Lindley made his first mistake of the game, and UCLA capitalized returning the interception 86 yards for the touchdown. The two point conversion fell incomplete. On the ensuing position, UCLA stopped two consecutive run plays and on another 3rd and long, Lindley was picked off again for a 36 yard touchdown. Again, UCLA went for two but ended up losing yards. In a matter of seconds SDSU found itself down 22-21. With the clock winding down, SDSU was able to march back down the field almost within field goal position. However, senior tailback Atiyyah Henderson coughed the ball up, and UCLA recovered to hang on for victory. Coach Buster Sparks was a man of few words after the game. "They did what they had to do. Good game today." The Aztecs look to rebound next week with their home opener against the San Jose State Spartans.

Notable Stats
QB Ryan Lindley 17-25 218 yards 1 TD 2 INT
TB Atiyyah Henderson 23 Carries 81 yards
TB Brandon Sullivan 7 Carries 15 yards 2 TD
DT Ernie Lawson 3 Tackles 3 Sacks

Despite the loss, the Aztecs pulled in a commitment over the weekend. Two star defensive tackle Brennan Mendoza from Mission Viejo, CA bought into Coach Sparks program.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:31 PM   #8
Rookie

Late Turnovers Almost Doom Aztecs
In what seems to be a pattern for the San Diego State Aztecs, 4th quarter turnovers almost cost the team its first win of the season. Despite holding on to win 38-35, the team has lots to improve on before it is ready for next week. Tailback Atiyyah Henderson led the offense with 124 yards on 26 carries, and Ryan Lindley was 13-18 for 211 yards and 2 scores. The game was a barnburner to start with, as SDSU marched right down the field to open things up, while SJSU had scored 14 points before the offense took the field. Coach Buster Sparks press conference was again short lived, as he detailed the victory as follows. "It was good to get the victory, but these boys need to learn how many quarters are in a football game. We have work to do, and its back to the drawing board for Saturday.

Key Players:
QB Ryan Lindley 13-18 211 yards 2 TD's
TB Atiyyah Henderson 26 carries 124 yards
WR Vincent Brown 4 catches 104 yards
SS Romeo Horn 5 Tackles (1 TFL) 1 INT 1 FF 1 TD

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »