Home

The Tim Tebow Experiment - Broncos 'chise, Madden '11 [COACH MODE]

This is a discussion on The Tim Tebow Experiment - Broncos 'chise, Madden '11 [COACH MODE] within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2010, 05:12 PM   #17
Rookie

Jefferson2Lafell's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: The Tim Tebow Experiment - Broncos 'chise, Madden '11 [COACH MODE]

Looking at your depth chart, are you running a 4-3? If so, Dumervil would be much better served as a DE
Old 08-16-2010, 06:00 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefferson2Lafell
Looking at your depth chart, are you running a 4-3? If so, Dumervil would be much better served as a DE
just finished my 3rd preseason game and checked it out, you're right.. he does go from 91ovr to 99ovr ..

considering I have no DE's of note I may just do that and move my dud or a rookie LB to Elvis' spot..

hmm, going to make some changes to the roster before the regular season begins..

thanks for the tip, as much as I am a LB coach, my team is case-specific since I have NO DE's at all.. otherwise I'd keep Elvis at LB and draft a LB making a killer LB core
Old 08-16-2010, 06:33 PM   #19
Banned

Post Re: The Tim Tebow Experiment - Broncos 'chise, Madden '11 [COACH MODE]

Preseason wk3 RESULTS:

--I am pleased with this game overall. I was worried my guys would be drained empty by the heat of the Arizona weather but they played pretty well. Don't let the final score fool you.. we dominated this from the beginning!

THE GOOD
--QB Tebow continues to develop and besides the shaky 1st game of this pre-season has calmed the waters a bit. He has his 2nd solid game and another deep bomb. He still shows wildness at times throwing the ball all over the place but not as much as wk1.
--HB M. DIAMOND - he is amazing.. truly.. he broke another breakaway run from a simple wildcat power play (YES, Wildcat power) and he almost had his first KR for a TD but was called back due to an illegal block. I just like the way he runs.. such a contrast from Knowshon's physical seek contact style.
--Defensive shutdown corners.. this was truly a gift.. I never imagined of building a defense by having 2 shutdown corners but that's what I have right now and it's amazing to see play out on the field.. nothing goes to the opponents' receivers but rather all their guns are in the middle of the field.. you test either Bingo or Champ and you lose.
Spoiler

ever see LARRY FITZGERALD with these kind of statistics??
Spoiler

THE BAD
--my defense is susceptible to the middle of the field.. aka being gashed whether it be by the run game or a slot or TE going on a crossing route or a dump off.. either I have to scheme this up or find a way to get more pressure on the QB

--fatigue.. I can also tell I will struggle against teams dedicated to the run, it's only the preseson but I have to think of ways to counter this right now

--the Cardinals had their starters play the whole game..? No, seriously.. Leinart was there, Fitz was there.. hell, Fitz had a TD catch for 20 yds with 2 minutes left.. why are they playing all game it's the preseason!!

--get this, I was up by 13 points with 2 minutes to go when things happened that made me utter the most dreaded words in madden history.. "FCK THIS COMEBACK AI!!" no seriously.. how else do you explain them nearly forcing this into overtime? It's the way things happened that make me scratch my head.. they score with a 1:30 left, fine.. that happens.. 2 minute drill.. they then kickoff.. my guy fumbles on the return.. recovered by them, their guy gets tackled and fumbles it.. recovered by another guy on their team who runs it back for the TD.. yep, damn that comeback AI!!

THE HIGHLIGHTS
another Tebow bomb to a streaking Eddie Royal!
Spoiler

HB M. Diamond takes it to the house from a simple Wildcat Power run play
Spoiler
Old 08-16-2010, 07:17 PM   #20
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Looking good. Can't wait to see how the regular season plays out.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:33 PM   #21
Banned

up next:

-- I am quite excited about this last pre-season game of the year right before the regular season. With my stud MLB holding the fort down, DJ WILLIAMS returning from injury, I decided to move my OLB Elvis Dumervil 91ovr to the LE spot where he will fit in quite nicely at 99ovr

I am losing talent on the sides of my LB core but I'm hoping DJ Williams holds the fort down the middle and with my double island shutdown corners on the ouside, the extra pressure from Elvis may work out quite well!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2010, 02:07 AM   #22
Banned

YEAR 2, preseason week 4, THE RESULTS

Untitled by mkrayz, on Flickr

moves made pregame:
LB Elvis Dumervil to LE (91ovr to 99ovr)
signed: FA LB Derrick Johnson (75 ovr)

-- entering this game there were several moves I made in order to try and bolster my defensive line a bit.. in concept, it worked.. moving LB Elvis Dumervil to a DE position raised his ovr from a 91 to 99 but the effects it had on my team was visible on the field.. we lost speed on the defense.. my guys were not flying around like crazy men but more reactive.. instead of forcing the tempo, we were the ones on our heels

this is why we play the game! it's not conceptual it has to be realized on the field of play and some things work some things don't..

moves made post-game entering the regular season:
Elvis Dumervil back to LB (91ovr)
LB Derrick Johnson to LOLB starting spot
LB R. Ayers to LE (77ovr to 85ovr)

I will simply have to adress my lack of Defensive Ends during this upcoming draft.. hey, I did understand from the beginning that it will take several drafts for me to build the team to my image.. but I like my chances going to the regular season

QB Tim Tebow has to curtail his wild tendencies to throw the ball all over the place, trust the run game, and my defense has to make plays and we will field a capable squad!

THE GOOD
-- I can only think of one thing.. Tim Tebow engineering yet another 2 minute TD drive.

THE BAD
-- everything.. my players played lethargic and my offense was pretty non-existent.
-- Tebow had a 58? QB rating and a stupidly low 40% completion rate.. it was just a mess
-- I think my guys just wanted to get this game over with and get the regular season started.. hey, they got their wish

THE HIGHLIGHTS
no highlights except one.. Knowshown "The Beast" Moreno
Spoiler

onwards to the regular season! I must say I am quite excited.. I have a young exciting team and eager to see where Tebow can take us
Old 08-17-2010, 02:36 AM   #23
Banned

Year 2, Regular Season Depth Chart
TIM TEBOW EXPERIMENT - YR-2 Depth Chart - Regular Offense
Starter2nd3rd4th
WRD. Thomas 87E. Royal 82
TEB. Buck 66 (r)D. Graham 81R. Quinn 65
LTR. Clady 98H. Taylor 72
LGL. Walker 77Z. Beadles 73
CR. Hochstein 76J. Walton 70
RGC. Kuper 86
RTR. Harris 87
WRE. Decker 81K. Whitehouse 74 (r)
QBT. Tebow 74K. Orton 78B. Quinn 69
FBP. Hillis 75
HBK. Moreno 88M. Diamond 69 (r)
TIM TEBOW EXPERIMENT - YR-2 Depth Chart - Base 4-3 Defense
Starter2nd3rd4th
LDER. Ayers 85M. Spears 74J. Banna 77
LDTK. Mitchell 82 (r)B. Hatcher 66 (r)
RDTJ. Williams 87
RDEJ. Green 78K. Kendrick 72 (r)
WLBE. Dumervil 91J. Moss 70
MLBDJ Williams 89G. Guyton 77
SLBD. Johnson 75D. Caro 61 (r)
CBC. Bailey 95B. Johnson 85 (r)A. Goodman 82A. Smith 75
SSD. McBath 77D. Bruton 73R. Hill 73
FSB. Dawkins 89
CB
TIM TEBOW EXPERIMENT - YR-2 Depth Chart - Special Teams
Starter2nd3rd4th
K
P
H
PRM. Diamond 88 (r)E. Royal 99C. Buckhalter 91P. Cox 92
KRE. Royal 99M. Diamond 88 (r)C. Buckhalter 91P. Cox 92
LS
Old 08-17-2010, 02:48 AM   #24
Banned

up next:

-- what an amazing twist of fate this is.. for my first regular season game? We get Adrian Peterson.. if I was worried about my defense before, what better way to test them right off the gates than against arguably the best RB in the league!

if we can hold AP ... then maybe, just maybe.. the middle of my defense is not as soft as I am dreading it to be

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »