Home

The Journal of Coach Robinson (NCAA 11)

This is a discussion on The Journal of Coach Robinson (NCAA 11) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2010, 05:25 PM   #1
Rookie

JMoLincoln's Arena

OVR: 6
The Journal of Coach Robinson (NCAA 11)

*NOTE: Sorry for restarting my dynasty, stuff has been going on that I can't keep interest using SJSU, and the fact that I was the third person to use them made it boring. So this time it will be a journal type dynasty. I will still report the usual but it will be from the Coach's perspective!! Hope you enjoy!*

January 7th, 2010
Pasadena, CA
"Rose Bowl"
BCS National Championship
Texas vs. Alabama

I was in attendance for the BCS National Championship game. I'm a huge SEC fan so of course I was rooting for the Crimson Tide. It felt so great to have been able to bring my squad to the game with me. We made it to the State Finals but came up short 41-38, but I'm still proud of what they accomplished this year. When I told them about the BCS Championship game, I could see their faces light up with joy and happiness. They deserved something for all their hard work, and what better way to pay them back to bring them to a BCS Title game!!

Well the game had started and it seemed as though Texas was going to win this one early in the first half, but the Tide fought hard. At the end of the day it was the Crimson Tide standing tall with the hardware due to their 37-21 victory over the Longhorns. My players jumped up and down as they loved SEC, there were a few that were Texas fans but they was still happy they came. We stuck around after the game and was able to meet the man of the Crimson Tide, Mr. Nick Saban. He seemed to have recognized me as I have never met the man before.

Saban: Coach Robinson?

Robinson: Yes sir, I don't think I've ever met you before, how do you know me?

Saban: I attended the State Finals that your team played in. I was quite impressed with alot of your players. It seems like you coached them well!

Robinson: Thank you! We tried real hard all season, unfortunately we couldn't bring the trophy home.

Saban: At the end of the day, it isn't about the hardware. It's about the passion and dedication shown by your players. If you have that, then you're good to go.

Robinson: I don't think I've ever taken it with that perspective before. Thanks Coach!

Saban: Well I gotta get out of here before we get mobbed by camera crew and fans! Nice talking to you Coach, who knows maybe someday you'll be competing against me in the Collegiate level!

Robinson: Thanks again and have a safe trip home!

The words he spoke about someday being a Collegiate coach hit me. I knew I had opportunities, but they had to show themselves. That would be easy, the only hard thing would be is leaving my high school squad. I've been the Coach at Lincoln High School for five years in Arkansas. To leave them at their peak of achievement would be hard! I would have to talk to them if anything rises to the occasion. For now, we're gonna focus on getting home and relaxing and getting them ready for the next season to come.

- Coach Jeff Robinson

NCAA Football: Arkansas Razorbacks
NCAA Basketball: UNC Tar Heels
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NBA: Chicago Bulls
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
AFL: Dallas Desperados
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2010, 06:22 PM   #2
Rookie

JMoLincoln's Arena

Re: The Journal of Coach Robinson (NCAA 11)

January 22, 2010
Lincoln High School
Football Meeting

I called a meeting with all the players today so I can discuss with them the possibility of me leaving the team to coach a College team. I was already nervous about maybe getting a job, but now to explain to the kids I might be leaving them. I was afraid of the reaction I was going to get, I didn't know what I should expect. Hopefully they don't get too upset.

The kids started piling in one by one until all 58 of them were seated in the locker room waiting on me to come in. I could hear my other coaches cracking jokes to them keeping them happy. I already told my staff what the situation was and they was fine with what the possibilities were. I stood up took a deep breath and walked into the locker room to cheers from the kids.

I looked among them and stood their speechless for a good three minutes before silence broke.

Kid #1: Coach?

Robinson: Sorry, I zoned out for a moment. I called this meeting to discuss an important thing with you guys. I don't want you guys to get too upset at me because I want you to know about what could happen.

Kid #2: You're leaving to coach the college games?

Football Team: AWESOME!!!

Robinson: That was actually the reason I wanted to talk to you guys. If you don't notice, the Seniors aren't here as they don't matter in this situation. If I was to leave, you guys would have a new coach, meaning it could be one of the guys here or it could be someone from a different state! Are you guys fine with me leaving if the opportunity rises?

Kid #1: Coach, I'd kick your butt if you didn't go if you was offered a job. I know I would take it, I love College Football!!

Robinson: Alright well that was much easier than I thought it would be. I love you guys and you should know that if I didn't care about College, I'd be your coach for the next twenty years!!! Thanks guys, you're dismissed!

I felt relieved as the boys walked out of the locker room. I can't believe they actually wanted me to leave if I was offered a job to coach at the collegiate level. Well the hard part is over, now to hope for some offers. I don't want to get them hyped over nothing, hopefully there was someone out there that needed a coach and saw me!! Not to toot my own horn, but I don't want to let these kids down!

- Coach Jeff Robinson

Old 10-21-2010, 06:31 PM   #3
Rookie

JMoLincoln's Arena

January 24, 2010
Robinson Residence

Well we had just arrived back home from a great Sunday Morning Church service. As we prepared for lunch the phone rang. I wasn't even thinking about job offers when answering it.

Robinson: Hello?

Person: Coach Robinson how are you today?

Robinson: Pretty good, who is this??

Person: Jeff Long, I'm the Athletic Director at the University of Arkansas. I was calling to put an offer on the table for you. Coach Bobby Petrino had to step down due to a family health issue and can only work so much, so we're looking for a new Head Coach. We saw your resume on the NCAA website and decided to give you a call. Three year contract, hope to see you at Arkansas!!

Well I honestly didn't expect Arkansas to give me an offer as I didn't think Petrino had any problems going on. Later on through the day and night I received numerous phone calls from various Colleges offering me the head coaching spot for their football team. I compiled a list together to make it easier on me to scan and hopefully choose a team tonight to accept.

Arkansas
Ball State
Buffalo
Colorado State
Connecticut
Florida (Urban Meyer Resigned)
Iowa State
NC State
New Mexico State
North Texas
Notre Dame
Oklahoma State
Ole Miss (Houston Nutt was Fired)
Rice
SMU
San Diego State
Vanderbilt

So many offers from so many schools. I truly didn't expect this many schools to be interested in my coaching ability due to my experience. Too bad I couldn't coach them all, but I had only one to pick. I had to start thinking about it now and hopefully come to a decision tonight and get my interview done and see if I even get the job.

- Coach Jeff Robinson

Old 10-21-2010, 08:40 PM   #4
Rookie

JMoLincoln's Arena

January 28, 2010
Oklahoma State University
Interview

Today was my big interview with Oklahoma State University for their head coaching position. I was nervous as I didn't know what to expect coming in here. I would love to take over the Cowboys, but I have to impress the staff first. Stillwater is a long way from home but it isn't as far as any of the other programs.

I walked up to the secretary and she took me to the AD's office. She opened the door and there sat the Athletic Director and the board! My adrenaline started flowing as I took a seat in front of them.

Mike Holder: Nice to meet you Coach Robinson. We've been informed that you have accepted our offer to become head coach here at Oklahoma State and would love to be interviewed. Let me go ahead and get the legal stuff out of the way, just because we offered you a job, doesn't automatically mean you'll get it. We offered it to you hoping to hear more about you through an interview and then from there we decide if we should let you keep the three year offer. So let's get started, to my left are three of my staff members, Stacy Porter, Mike Gundy, and Jonathan Johnson. We will ask you questions about yourself and your experience. Answer as truthfully as you can, some questions will not be held against you in the decision making process. Here we go, starting with Stacy.

Stacy: Coach Robinson, in the past five years where have you Coached?

Robinson: I've been the Head Coach at Lincoln High School

Stacy: In your tenure, what was your coaching record like? Include any conference, state titles, or any other awards.

Robinson: I had an overall record of 23-21 with one playoff appearance. I have a 3-1 record in playoffs, losing in the state finals.

Stacy: That must of been a let down?

Robinson: It was, but I was still proud of the kids for their heart and dedication.

Mike Gundy: Awesome, if you don't already know. I am the former Oklahoma State Head football coach. I just have one question and that is, what is your coaching philosophy?

Robinson: Well I like to pass the ball, but when the situation calls for it then you gotta run it. In my last year at Lincoln, we ran the Pistol formation and it seemed to bring alot of success. However, I cannot determine what philosophy I can use before seeing the current squad.

Mike Gundy: Thanks coach, that's all I wanted to ask. Jonathan do you have anything for Coach Robinson??

Jonathan: I only have one question as well. If given specific goals you would have to meet during the year, would you be willing to increase the pressure every year?

Robinson: Absolutely, I love a bigger challenge every season!!

Mike Holder: Thanks Coach for coming in for this interview. We have one more candidate to interview. You can go back to your hotel room and we'll call you when we have made our decision.

Robinson: Thank you for the opportunity!

Well seeing how I got that over with, it was time to relax at the hotel! I didn't want to think about what the outcome would be, but it was hard not to. I just had kick back and watch some ESPN while enjoying some Pepsi or something!

- Coach Jeff Robinson

Last edited by JMoLincoln; 10-21-2010 at 08:43 PM.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:47 PM   #5
Rookie

JMoLincoln's Arena

January 28, 2010
Hampton Inn
The Decision

I was laying on my bed in the hotel room when someone knocked on the door. I opened it and it was Oklahoma State's Mike Gundy. I was shocked as he was by himself and was dressed in a suit. I could sense bad news, but was ready for anything. I invited him in and we got right down to business.

Mike: Coach Robinson, first let me congratulate you as the Oklahoma State staff has selected you as the new head coach for the Cowboys. However, due to your experience I came up with the idea to stay one more year before I step down and do recruiting. You will be the Assistant Head Coach for one year so you know how things go. Does that sound like a plan? You'll take over in the 2011-2012 season.

Robinson: That sounds like a great plan, hope we take the Cowboys to the house this year!!!

What a great day, I get the job but I also get training! It may sound silly but I would rather see how it's done first before going in blind! I couldn't wait to get there and get my hands dirty!!

- Coach Jeff Robinson

*NOTE* The whole 2010 Season will be simulated. I will report the final record for Ok State. The Conference Championship games, the BCS Bowls and the BCS Title game. I will even report the Heisman Winner!! Then we will get recruits created for you guys out there that wants one.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2010, 11:00 PM   #6
Rookie

JMoLincoln's Arena

October 21, 2010
Lincoln, AR
Create-a-Recruit OPEN!

Alright it's time for you guys to get your CaR applications in. I want a lot of people to participate in this!! Here's the rules, I'll track your progress every week and inform you of any injuries or such!! Lets get this show on the road!!

First Name:
Last Name:
Position:
Handedness:
Hometown:
Height:
Weight:
Skin Tone:

Equipment Description:

Physical Appearance Description:

Skills (Pros):
Skills (Cons):

Start applying!! Can't wait to see them in the 2011 Season!!!!!

*APPLICATIONS CLOSE FRIDAY AFTERNOON - 12PM EST*

Last edited by JMoLincoln; 10-22-2010 at 01:03 PM.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:48 PM   #7
Rookie

JMoLincoln's Arena

2010 Season Recap
NCAA College Football
CBS SPORTS

NCAA Football Leaders - END of SEASON
NCAA PASSING LEADERSYARDSNCAA RUSHING LEADERSYARDS
1. B. Gabbert49531. D. Murray1614
2. T. Potts49482. B. Pierce1578
3. K. Padron45653. B. Harvey1562
4. R. Wilson44274. D. Thomas1529
5. A. Luck43075. R. Williams1455
NCAA RECIEVING LEADERSYARDSNCAA TACKLE LEADERSSOLO TKLS
1. A. Umuolo15281. J. Houston60
2. A. Robinson15232. C. Marve54
3. R. Broyles15083. L. Kuechly54
4. R. Whalen14784. T. Long52
5. R. Ellison14085. J. Wedge52
NCAA SACK LEADERSSACKSNCAA INTERCEPTION LEADERSINTs
1. T. Long16.51. W. Guy9
2. R. Parker11.52. W. Ford8
3. A. Gray10.53. J. Howard7
4. J. Rainey10.04. J. Mabin7
5. T. McClain9.05. W. Davis7

SEC Championship
TEAM1ST2ND3RD4THOTSCORE
#2 Alabama Crimson TIde (11-1)31437-27
#10 Florida Gators (10-2)0703-10

C-USA Championship
TEAM1ST2ND3RD4THOTSCORE
Tulsa Hurricanes (9-3)30717-27
Southern Miss (9-3)6700-13

Big XII Championship
TEAM1ST2ND3RD4THOTSCORE
#7 Missouri Tigers (10-2)31437-27
#4 Texas Tech Red Raiders (11-1)01390-22

MAC Championship
TEAM1ST2ND3RD4THOTSCORE
Buffalo Bulls (7-5)06150-21
Northern Illinois (10-2)7777-28

ACC Championship
TEAM1ST2ND3RD4THOTSCORE
#3 Virginia Tech Hokies (11-1)710107-34
#21 NC State Wolfpack (10-2)31407-24

FINAL HEISMAN WATCH STANDINGS
NAMEPOSSCHOOL
SEASON STATS
Ryan WhalenWRStanford91 Rec, 1404 Yds, 25 TDs
Andrew LuckQBStanford257-386, 3828 Yds, 45 TDs
Denard RobinsonQBMichigan295-450, 3604 Yds, 31 TDs
DeMarco MurrayHBOklahoma277 Att, 1489 Yds, 16 TDs
Greg McElroyQBAlabama326-481, 3538 Yds, 32 TDs

ROSE BOWL
TEAM1ST2ND3RD4THOTSCORE
#5 Oklahoma Sooners (10-2)721813-49
#6 Oregon Ducks (11-1)7780-22

COTTON BOWL
TEAM1ST2ND3RD4THOTSCORE
Arkansas Razorbacks (8-4)3370-13
#8 Texas Tech Red Raiders (11-2)610610-32

CAPITAL ONE BOWL
TEAM1ST2ND3RD4THOTSCORE
#16 Florida Gators (10-3)1717100-44
#10 Michigan Wolverines (10-2)014147-35

FIESTA BOWL
TEAM1ST2ND3RD4THOTSCORE
#4 Missouri Tigers (11-2)171660-39
#18 Pittsburgh Panthers (9-3)0700-7

SUGAR BOWL
TEAM1ST2ND3RD4THOTSCORE
#7 TCU Horned Frogs (11-1)017140-31
#13 Florida State Seminoles (9-3)70714-28

ORANGE BOWL
TEAM1ST2ND3RD4THOTSCORE
#3 Virginia Tech Hokies (12-1)010710-27
#9 Iowa Hawkeyes (10-2)7030-10

Old 10-22-2010, 01:57 PM   #8
Rookie

JMoLincoln's Arena

January 10, 2010
BCS National Championship
Glendale, Arizona
Alabama vs. Ohio State

NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP
TEAM1ST2ND3RD4THOTSCORE
#2 Alabama Crimson Tide (12-1)031414-31
#1 Ohio State Buckeyes (12-0)30147-24
Team Stats Comparison
BAMA
BUCK
483Total Offense364