Home

The New Era of The Charging Buffalo's - A Buffalo Bills CCM

This is a discussion on The New Era of The Charging Buffalo's - A Buffalo Bills CCM within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2013, 05:41 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Icon14 The New Era of The Charging Buffalo's - A Buffalo Bills CCM

When I saw that Doug Marrone was hired by the Bills, I was instantly motivated to start a new CCM. My last attempt at one was with the Bills but I never made it through the first season. This time around, I plan on going a long ways into the CCM. First I will go through the setup of the CCM and explain what I am doing in this particular CCM.

CCM Setup:
Roster: Using last regular season roster update, with few modifications. I changed the positions of players on the offensive line based on what I'm looking at in the future. I also adjusted the players on the defensive line and linebackers because I will be running a 3-4 defense after the first season.

Basic settings and sliders:
15 minute quarters
Acc. Clock: 15
Speed: Slow
Spd Threshold: 75
Level: Custom All-Madden
Sliders: M13 KILLER SLIDERS by MarketingWiz
Injuries: 65 (I turn off during preseason)
Fatigue: 28
Mode: Playing as created HC as Doug Marrone
Offensive Playbook: NO Saints
Defensive Playbook: NY Jets

*********NOTICE**********
I am leaving the depth chart, and coaching scheme the same as it was for this season for Buffalo. I will then be simming the season, making adjustments as needed based on injuries. At the end of the season, I will be changing to a spread offense and a 3-4 defense. In CCM you can't change defensive ends to LB's to I did it ahead of time to solve that issue. For people that are curious looking ahead, Mario Williams, will not be a OLB, he will be a DE along with Marcell Dareus. Kyle Williams will have to manage at the NT position.
*********NOTICE**********

last notice I have to mention is that I already started the CCM and have progressed quite a bit in it. So I will be posting a lot to get caught up to where I'm at right now.

Last edited by packerfan28; 01-27-2013 at 02:45 PM. Reason: added playbooks for people wondering
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2013, 06:25 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: The New Era of The Charging Buffalo's - A Buffalo Bills CCM

I simmed the preseason going 1-3. I made a few roster adjustments:

-Signed QB Aaron Corp
-signed HB DuJuan Harris
-signed OLB Donte Paige-Moss (I moved him to OLB from DE before I started the CCM, this is because I wan't to use him in my 3-4 next season)

The Official Depth Chart for the start of the regular season looks like this:

Buffalo Bills Depth Chart - 2012
Regular Offense
STARTER2ND3RD4TH
WRStevie JohnsonT.J. GrahamDavid Nelson
TEScott ChandlerLee SmithMike Caussin
LTErik PearsChad Rinehart
LGCordy GlennKeith Williams
CEric WoodAndrew Jackson
RGKraig UrbikChris Hairston
RTAndy LevitreZebrie Sanders
WRDonald JonesBrad SmithC.J. Spiller
QBRyan FitzpatrickAaron CorpTyler Thigpen
FBCorey McIntyreDorin Dickerson
HBFred JacksonC.J. SpillerDuJuan Harris
Base 4-3 Defense
STARTER2ND3RD4TH
LDEMario WilliamsChris Kelsay
LDTKyle WilliamsSpencer Johnson
RDTMarcell DareusAlex Carrington
RDEMark AndersonDonte Paige-Moss
WLBArthur MoatsChris White
MLBKelvin SheppardKirk Morrison
SLBNick BarnettNigel Bradham
CBAaron WilliamsRon BrooksJustin Rogers
SSGeorge WilsonBryan ScottDa'Norris Searcy
FSJairus ByrdLeodis MckelvinBryan Scott
CBStephon GilmoreTerrence McGee
Special Teams
STARTER2ND3RD4TH
KRian Lindell
PShawn Powell
HTyler Thigpen
PRLeodis McKelvinT.J. GrahamJustin RogersTerrence McGee
KRLeodis McKelvinT.J. GrahamBrad SmithJustin Rogers
LSChris Hairston

I will be simming the entire regular season and posting the results in my next post. After that I will begin my CCM with Doug Marrone

Last edited by packerfan28; 01-26-2013 at 01:30 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:40 PM   #3
Rookie

2012 Season Recap:

The San Francisco 49ers are your 2012 Super Bowl Champions beating the Denver Broncos 27-24.

The 6 best teams in the league were:
San Francisco 49ers (13-3)
Denver Broncos (13-3)
Green Bay Packers (13-3)
Indianapolis colts (11-5)
New England Patriots (10-6)
Seattle Seahawks (10-6)

The 6 worst teams in the league were:
Minnesota vikings (2-14)
New York Jets (3-13)
Detroit Lions (4-12)
Kansas City Chiefs (4-12)
Miami Dolphins (5-11)
Tennessee Titans (5-11)
Buffalo Bills (6-10)

The following teams replaced Head Coaches:
Minnesota Vikings
New York Jets
Tennessee Titans
Chicago Bears
Arizona Cardinals
and.....Buffalo Bills(Doug Marrone)

Season Awards:

NFL MVP: Tom Brady

NFC OPOY: Aaron Rodgers
AFC OPOY: Tom Brady

NFC DPOY: Patrick Willis
AFC DPOY: J.J. Watt

NFC ROY: Robert Griffin III
AFC ROY: Andrew Luck

Best Coach: Chuck Pagano

Bills Pro Bowlers:
FS Jairus Byrd

Last edited by packerfan28; 01-26-2013 at 01:32 PM.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:03 PM   #4
Rookie

Buffalo Bills fire coach Chan Gailey

“The Buffalo Bills today are announcing that Chan Gailey has been relieved of his duties as the team’s head coach,” the team said.

Bills closed their second consecutive season with a 6-10 record and extended the NFL’s longest active playoff drought to 13 seasons. Gailey had a combined 16-32 record over three seasons as the Bills Head Coach. The Bills have now posted eight straight losing seasons.

"I understand this is a business, and we didn't get the job done" said Gailey.

Chain Gailey along with the entire coaching staff including his assistants have all been relieved of they're positions with the Bills. General manager Buddy Nix will remain the GM of the Bills, however there is a catch. CEO Russ Brandon will be promoted to president/CEO with full authority over the team. Brandon has a succession plan in place to ease assistant GM Doug Whaley into Buddy Nix's position. The first step now going further is to hire a successor to Gailey that will right the ship and lead this franchise to better days.

Old 01-26-2013, 02:22 PM   #5
Rookie

The Buffalo Bills Get There Man

The Bills hire Doug Marrone as their new Head Coach

After being introduced as the 16th coach in the Bills' 53 year history, Marrone who was born and raised in the Bronx shed some light on why he coose Buffalo: "I had some opportunities to make a choice, and I've chosen to be here, you have to be at the place where you're most comfortable, and I'm most comfortable here in western New York," said Marrone.

Marrone also went on to say "I do understand the responsibility that I have, I'm excited about this. I've done this before. I've been in this league as a player, been here as a coach. I've gone through this change. And I'm excited to work with the players in this change."

Described as a no-nonsense disciplinarian, Marrone returns to the NFL where the former offensive lineman spent two seasons as a player, and seven more as an assistant. He was an offensive line coach with the New York Jets from 2002-05. He then served as the New Orleans Saints offensive coordinator from 2006-08, where his arrival coincided with the team signing star quarterback Drew Brees.

Marrone finished the press conference by saying "I'm excited to get back to work soon," Marrone said. "It's a lot of responsibility. I feel I'm the best person for this job."

It was too early to ask Marrone about who he might hire as assistants. He would only say he's looking for coaches with NFL experience to fill his two coordinators' jobs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2013, 02:33 PM   #6
Rookie

Buffalo Bills head coach Doug Marrone is not screwing around, folks.

Buffalo Bills new Head Coach Doug Marrone has found his offensive coordinator!

Former Syracuse coordinator Nathaniel Hackett introduced with Buffalo Bills

Hackett, 33, is the son of long-time college and NFL play caller Paul Hackett. Nathaniel Hackett has four years of NFL experience, but spent those four years as a mere offensive quality control assistant - including a short stint with the Bills as a staff member for Dick Jauron - before jumping to Syracuse to call plays for Marrone. Viewed as an up-and-comer in the business, Hackett is nonetheless very raw at the NFL level, which will put a good deal of pressure on Marrone to get the offense working efficiently straight away.

At his introductory press conference, Marrone indicated that he would not be calling plays on offense. That job will likely fall to Hackett, who has made huge leaps up the chain of command in a very short period of time.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:41 PM   #7
Rookie

Buffalo Bills get their Defensive Coordinator!

Mike Pettine hired as Buffalo Bills Defensive Coordinator

Former Jets coordinator Mike Pettine takes the same role but on the other side of the state

Pettine, 46, has been an NFL coach for 11 seasons, working alongside Rex Ryan in each them. He got his pro start with the Baltimore Ravens in 2002, moving up from a generic assistant role to coach the defensive line and outside linebackers before following Ryan to the Jets in 2009. There, he has been Ryan's defensive coordinator for four years, calling the game on Sundays for the last two.

The Jets have finished in the Top 8 defensively in each of the last four seasons, and Ryan's system is known as one of the more aggressive and exotic in the business. It's unclear how much different Pettine's style is, given that he's worked so closely with Ryan throughout his career. It's therefore also unclear precisely what type of scheme he'll bring to Buffalo. The Jets have operated out of a base 3-4 under Ryan and Pettine, but the Bills are currently better suited to using a base 4-3.

Time will tell what Pettine plans to do schematically in his new job. The one thing we can count on from a Ryan disciple, however, is that the Bills are likely going to have a much more aggressive defense than they've had in recent seasons under Perry Fewell and especially Dave Wannstedt.

48 hours after being hired by the Buffalo Bills, Doug Marrone has hired both his offensive and defensive coordinators.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:19 AM   #8
Rookie

NFL Network Interview with Doug Marrone

Albert Breer: What will we see from an offensive prospective out of the Buffalo Bills?
Doug Marrone: Well talking with Nathaniel, we agreed to continue the new era of football and run with an uptempo spread offense that will be very aggressive and force defenses to say in their nickle and dime packages.

Albert Breer: What will Mike Pettine do with the defense?
Doug Marrone: I'm giving Mike full authority with the defense, he will have all the freedom needed to run an effective defense that he is accustomed to. I do know that the base defense will be a 3-4 and we will begin making that transition this offseason through free agency and the draft. Although it is a 3-4, it will not be a traditional 3-4 defense.

Albert Breer: How will Mike Pettine handle Mario Williams? Will he be an OLB next season?
Doug Marrone: What I do know is, Mike believes he can make Mario reach a potential that no one ever thought was possible. Mike has a vision for Mario that sees him playing just like Bruce Smith played for the Bills. I will say that I believe Mike wants Mario on the line stuffing the run off the edge, and then moving him around in passing situations to aggressively rush the quarterback.

Albert Breer: Will Ryan Fitzpatrick be the starter next season for the Bills?
Doug Marrone: Ryan will be back next season because he just signed a new contract and terminating that would do more harm then good for the team. He will be back, but it might not be as a starter.

Albert Breer: What kind outlook can we see from the Bills this offseason? What are you looking to improve?
Doug Marrone: Its hard to say right now, I'm currently trying to watch film on all the players on the team right now to better evaluate them, I'm also trying to watch film on players throughout the league, especially players that will be in free agency to see which players we should target. On top of that I have to evaluate all the players in the upcoming draft class so i can tell the scouts who to go look at. There's a lot to do, and not much time to get everything done. I will say that were looking at every position and we'll take the best player available in the draft regardless of position.

Albert Breer: You mentioned free agency, as a coach do you prefer building through the draft or signing quality free agents? Also who do you see the Bills targeting in free agency?
Doug Marrone: I definitely favor the draft, I believe having young players with athleticism is an important to have on your team, especially when in a rebuilding stage like the Bills are. However, if there are some players in free agency that we believe will help the team out right away, then we'll do everything we can to get them to come here.

As for who we're looking at in free agency, its to early to tell. Right now I'm focused on making sure we resign the players we want playing for us next season. I will say though that this year, we'll be doing a little bit of a money ball approach. By that I mean, we'll be looking at players that put up the stats but are not necessarily as popular as the stars and we'll be much cheaper to bring here.

Albert Breer:Thanks for the interview coach, anything you want to leave us with?
Doug Marrone: Hey it's always a pleasure talking with the media. I would just like to say that this up coming year will be totally different for the fans of the Buffalo Bills. My coaching staff and myself will make sure everything possible is done to turn this franchise around as quickly as possible. I have huge expectations for the future of this team, and I want to ask all the Bills fans to be a Billiver again!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »