Home

Viva Las Vegas: UNLV Rebels Dynasty

This is a discussion on Viva Las Vegas: UNLV Rebels Dynasty within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2014, 09:41 PM   #1
Always Sonny Somewhere

SonnyFranchise's Arena

OVR: 0
Viva Las Vegas: UNLV Rebels Dynasty

UNLV Rebels fire Head Coach, bring in famous local high school coach David Robinson III.

Reno, Las Vegas-- Head Coach Bobby Hauck has been fired, the move has been in the making the last few years as the team has not seen any improvements. UNLV has made a risky move and brought in highly touted High School coach, David Robinson III, known as a tough coach to play under, Robinson will possibly take this teams problems and attempt to fix them. He's coming into a team that has been below average for the last few years and probably will need a few seasons to get the ship right. We stopped Robinson and asked him how it felt to get his first major job as a coach.

"I feel as if its a dream come true, I didn't want to leave Bishop Gorman, but I felt like it was time to move on up. I've been wanting a challenge for so long and now I finally have it. Let's see what this season holds for us."

UNLV is 11-27 in the past 3 seasons and 7-15 in Mountain West games.

Yearly Recap

2014 Season
Spoiler

Last edited by SonnyFranchise; 10-22-2014 at 09:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2014, 09:42 PM   #2
Always Sonny Somewhere

SonnyFranchise's Arena

Re: Viva Las Vegas: UNLV Rebels Dynasty

2014 Schedule

UNLV Rebels 14-15 Schedule
DATEOPPONENTRESULT
Aug 29at Minnesota
Sep 7vs Arizona
Sep 14vs Central Michigan
Sep 21vs Western Illinois
Sep 28at New Mexico
Oct 12at Hawaii'i
Oct 19at Fresno St.
Oct 26at Nevada
Nov 2vs San Jose St.
Nov 9vs Utah St.
Nov 21at Air Force
Nov 30vs San Diego St.

2014 Roster
Depth Chart - 14-15
Regular Offense
STARTER2ND3RD4TH
WRM.SullivanA.WilliamsA.Criswell
TEJ.PhillipsT.Barnhill
LTB.BoykoK.Saxelid
LGE.NooneP.Haynes
CR.WatermanC.Backlund
RGR.ScrogginsN.GstreinB.Roth
RTA.ObergA.NovoselB.Alvarez
WRD.DavisM.MataeleJ.Killian
QBN.Sherry B.Decker
FBT.Barnhill
HBS.MurrayK.Whitely
Base 4-3 Defense
STARTER2ND3RD4TH
LDEJ.SparkmanA.KokiN.Johnson
LDTM.HughesD.Green
RDTE.Clark
RDES.SanitoaJ.ValoagaS.Vaesau
WLBT.LotuleleiK.AndersonE.Perkins
MLBI.PorchiaM.Feula
SLBT.LanghamK.AndersonT.Lotulelei
CBT.HassonF.WilsonD.Collins
SSP.VeaM.Vinal
FSM.HorseyC.Eldrige
CBK.PennyT.McTyer

Last edited by SonnyFranchise; 10-22-2014 at 09:44 PM.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:45 PM   #3
Always Sonny Somewhere

SonnyFranchise's Arena

Spring Scrimmage Evaluations

UNLV Practice Field, Las Vegas— The Rebels took the field for the annual Spring Scrimmage today. Not very much to be took out of today’s scrimmage. Only one player stood out of the pack and that was Senior WR Devante Davis. The 6 foot 3, 210lbs wideout showed his Seniority on the field. Hauling in 11 Passes for 178 yards and TD. The big body receiver caught passes all over the team’s Defensive Backs. Problem is, he showed one of the team’s biggest problems…Defense. The team lacks the hustle it takes to stop college teams, which is very unlike a DR3 Coached team.

Offensively, they aren’t much better. With Junior QB Nick Sherry throwing inaccurately and the backups not being much better, this offense is in for the long run. Shaquille Murray was looking too have a good season, but the 5 foot 8 halfback didn’t look very solid. So it’s going to be up to the most talented part of the team…. The receivers. We caught up with David Robinson III to get his feedback on this scrimmage.
“All I can say now is, that this is far from a complete team, not even close. We have a lot of work to do this summer, and it starts now.”

Last edited by SonnyFranchise; 10-23-2014 at 01:07 PM.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:57 PM   #4
Always Sonny Somewhere

SonnyFranchise's Arena

Scuffle at UNLV practice, 1 Week before game vs Minnesota .

Las Vegas, Nevada. UNLV Practice— A scuffle broke out today between Starting Cornerbacks Tajh Hasson and Kenneth Penny. Even worse, the fight seemed to be started by Coach Robinson, not on purpose of course. Coach called out Tajh for blowing his coverage and not being disciplined during his coverages, Tajh responded to the criticism by calling out Penny. Coach Robinson seemingly fed up with his team, made them run suicides for the rest of the practice. We caught up with coach after the practice.

“As of right now, I am fed up with this team. A few days left before our first game and we can’t seem to get it right. As of right now, I’m looking forward to next season. I can’t trust some of these seniors to cooperate with me, seeing as they’ve been under a below average coach for so long, they haven’t truly known what it feels like to work hard all spring and summer. The underclassmen are mine to mold, which gives me a chance to instill my work ethic into them and breed them to be Football players, not Drama Queens.”

UNLV President could not be reached for comment.

Last edited by SonnyFranchise; 10-23-2014 at 01:07 PM.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:58 PM   #5
Always Sonny Somewhere

SonnyFranchise's Arena

Matchup Preview *|* August 29,
@
UNLV Rebels
(0-0, Away)
Minnesota Golden Gophers
(0-0, Home)
Game Notes
A unprepared UNLV faces Minnesota, score of this game is thought to be a blowout win for Minnesota.

David Robinson III starts off his new coaching career now, for his sake, we hope the game isn't too bad of a loss.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2014, 10:09 PM   #6
Always Sonny Somewhere

SonnyFranchise's Arena

Minneapolis, Minnesota. TCF Bank Stadium. Week 1 vs Minnesota Gophers-- The Rebels come into this game completely outmatched, not in skill, but in attitude. The stubbornness of the team has led to Woes for 1st year coach David Robinson III, known as the head coach of the #1 Bishop Gorman High School team, he has struggled to keep this team in line.
Over the summer, he put in his Pro-Style offensive system, offensively the team looks average. But it’s not the offense that Robinson is worried about, it’s the defense that’s the problem.
Old 10-25-2014, 02:43 PM   #7
Always Sonny Somewhere

SonnyFranchise's Arena

UNLV Loses, But not as bad as everyone expected.

UNLV Rebels at Minnesota Golden Gophers
Aug 29, 1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
UNLV Rebels (0-1)20
Minnesota Golden Gophers (1-0)33
UNLV Rebels
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
N.Sherry24/5128111
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
S.Murray241104.50
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
D.Davis910912.10
S.Murray3217.01
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
T.Hasson7020
Minnesota Golden Gophers

UNLV lose's to Minnesota, 20-33.-- We watched the look of Coach Robinsons face for the whole game, it went from ecstatic to downright pissed off. For the most part, the woes about stopping the passing game were blown out of proportion as Senior Tajh Hasson grabbed 2 Picks off of Minnesota's QB Mitch Leidner. We asked Coach Robinson how he felt about Hasson's play today.

"To be honest, I wasn't expecting him to go out there and actually stop the run a bit or even grab those 2 picks he had. We still didn't get the win, but atleast I know I have a player out there trying to help us win."
Old 10-25-2014, 02:53 PM   #8
Always Sonny Somewhere

SonnyFranchise's Arena

Early season recruiting.

UNLV Campus-- Coach Robinson has given us some slight insight onto who's on his board early for recruitment.

"Well for starters, I've been looking into bringing in some very skilled players, #1 on my board would probably be, Dante Fenton, WR/DB out of Indian Hills. Real skilled guy, if we can get him, he'll give us some flexibility. #2 would be Brandon Dotson, QB out of Campbell, California. Really good pocket passer, with the right coaching could end throwing for 4,000 yards by his JUNIOR year. Real cool headed in the pocket."

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »