Home

Thornton Brothers - The Rivalry

This is a discussion on Thornton Brothers - The Rivalry within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2015, 01:09 AM   #1
Rookie

CACNighthawk's Arena

OVR: 9
Thornton Brothers - The Rivalry

In a surprise move that is bound to have a lasting impact on the NFL landscape. Twin brothers Thomas and Tommy Thornton were both hired to head coach NFL squads for the upcoming seasons. They were considered long shots through the application process, but clearly the organizations see something they like in both of these young men.

Thomas Thornton takes over an Oakland Raider team that went 4 – 12 in the previous season. Mark Davis as well as this fan base will look for better results than they have experienced in previous seasons. Oakland hasn't had a winning season since 2002 which is also the last year they made it into the playoffs.

Tommy Thornton takes over the head coach duties of the Jacksonville Jaguars. Another, team whose fan base feels as if they have been kicking the can around the yard a bit looking for some kind of success. Jacksonville hasn't had a winning season since 2007 which was also the last time they ventured into the playoffs.

While both brothers remain, for the most part, unknown to a vast majority of the NFL world they surely will be looking forward to changing that in the near future.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2015, 01:41 AM   #2
Rookie

CACNighthawk's Arena

Re: Thornton Brothers - The Rivalry

Thomas Thornton Oakland Raiders Pre - Season Week 1

New Head Coach Thomas Thornton didn't waist any time this week informing both TE Jon Condo and DT Ricky Lumpkin that their services were no longer needed. While most new head coaches would ease into the role and try to win a few people over first, Thomas has come in like wrecking ball.

"I'm not here to make friends. I'm here to win football games and we will win football games."

Thomas has set about improving this Raiders team to return it to its formal glory. Fans have to be excited to have a new coach who plans on hitting the ground running. Though Thomas has given no hint as to who will be starting when week 1 of the regular season rolls around, fans should expect a tough aggressive football team out the gate.

Players Cut
TE Jon Condo
DT Ricky Lumpkin

Preseason Game #1

Oakland Raiders 17 @ Minnesota Vikings 13

"It's the first preseason game, it's not to important, but we still won the game. I guess that's better than losing. Most the team was on the field at some point. ROLB Sio Moore stood out as the only defensive player to come close to double digits in tackles. Other than that no lasting impressions were made."

Tommy Thornton Jacksonville Jaguars Pre - Season Week 1

Jacksonville Head Coach Tommy Thornton was seen walking through the facility early this morning introducing himself to every member of the Jacksonville Jaguar organization. Players and team personnel have reported nothing but positive things about their new head coach. It appears that Tommy Thornton has gotten off to a good start within the organization.

"To earn respect you have to treat every one with respect. How can I win with a team that doesn't know the importance of respect?"

No cuts were announced from Jacksonville today as the Jaguars were under the 70 man roster limit for the first week of the preseason.

Preseason Game #1

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 26 @ Jacksonville Jaguars 23

"The final score doesn't do this game any justice. Our defense struggled all day and had a hard time stopping Tampa in the air. Two turnovers kept this game close, but it wasn't enough to pull off the win. CB Demetrius McCray and MLB Laroy Reynolds both stood out today achieving a high number of stops on the field today. QB Blake Bortles was impressive guiding the offense as well. This team has potential we just got to find out how to use it fully."
Old 01-29-2015, 02:16 AM   #3
Rookie

CACNighthawk's Arena

Thomas Thornton Oakland Raider Pre - Season Week 2

Coming off his first preseason win with the Oakland Raiders head coach Thomas Thornton didn't miss a step in his post game interview with the press.

"Preseason is for the depth players. These games are just warm ups for the actual season. When Monday hits more players will be cut. Then I will continue with the other 65 players who still have a future with the squad."

True to his word five players cleaned out their lockers Monday morning. Their last sight as they left the facility was Thomas Thornton leading the remaining 65 Oakland Raiders players out onto the field for preparation for their upcoming Preseason game against the Detroit Lions.

The Oakland Raiders will hope that they can keep it going over the next few weeks and bring some momentum into the regular season

Players Cut
FS Jonathan Dowling
CB Chance Casey
CB Neiko Thorpe
DE Ryan Robinson
OG Lamar Mady

Preseason Game #2

Detroit Lions 30 @ Oakland Raiders 13

"We took a step back today. We can't let a game like this happen during the regular season. Come the regular season we will be a tougher football team. We won't let this score happen to us again. We need to work on our rushing game, before the game I saw a slug move faster than our running backs. WR Greg Little stood out today with 115 receiving yards. If games go this bad in the regular season at least we know we have a good punter."

Tommy Thornton Jacksonville Jaguars Pre - Season Week 2

Tommy Thornton took the lose in stride. Though he didn't spend to long at the post game news conference his body language remained calm as did his answers.

"You can't be mad about losing a preseason game. It's a learning experience for myself as a coach as well as for these players who are trying to earn a spot on these or another team. You have to keep your head up and move forward and Jacksonville will do that."

With cut day upon us five players exited the Jaguars facilities after having meetings with head coach Tommy Thornton. It was the first round of cuts for Jacksonville.

"It's always hard pulling a player into your office and letting him know that he is no longer needed. I don't feel good doing it, but it's a business. It's part of the game."

Jacksonville is narrowing itself down to their perfect regular season roster. The Jacksonville faithful remain hopeful that Tommy can pull something out of this season.

Players Cut
TE Carson Tinker
DE Gerald Rivers
CB Jamell Fleming
QB Ricky Stanzi
FB Bradie Ewing

Preseason Game #2

Jacksonville Jagurs 17 @ Chicago Bears 20

"We lost another close one. We really can't be to disappointed with that performance. Turnovers were are main issue. Defense did great, offense did great. We just couldn't protect the football out there and it cost us the game. C Mike Brewster really stood out today knocking a few guys down on their butts. Our O - Line was the bright spot on the offensive side of the ball. DE Chris Clemons racked up two sacks today and was a constant pain for the Bears offense today. Can't wait to see his regular season performance. We got a long way to go, but were still working out the kinks in our chain."
Old 01-29-2015, 03:55 PM   #4
YaBoyRobRoy

LopaKa's Arena

OVR: 7

this is a cool concept, is this actually you and your brother doing a connected franchise?
Old 01-29-2015, 08:59 PM   #5
Rookie

CACNighthawk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LopaKa
this is a cool concept, is this actually you and your brother doing a connected franchise?
I'm by myself on this one.

The idea has actually been forming for the past six or seven years. I've been running simulations on sports games for as long as I can remember, but recently I have taken to inventing players/coaches and simulating them through and seeing the results. The idea original began with four brothers who would enter the league over the duration of four years, but instead decided to go with twins with different personality.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2015, 09:27 PM   #6
Rookie

CACNighthawk's Arena

Thomas Thornton Oakland Raider Pre - Season Week 3

As expected by everyone familiar within the Oakland Raider organization the hammer was going to come down hard during the next team meeting.

"Absolutely pathetic out there. You call yourselves professionals? You got the S*** kicked out of you yesterday. If I could I would cut the entire running back department, but the league won't let me. Your all traveling on thin ice from this point on. Tread lightly."

While Thomas may be in the belief that he is getting through to his teams an unnamed player stated that the entire team is crushed following the team meeting and that player moral was at an all time low.

Hopefully the Raiders can rebound quickly as they play the Packers in their next game.

Players Cut
QB Trent Edwards
RB Kory Sheets
WR Greg Jenkins
WR Brice Butler
DE Jack Crawford
OLB Marshall McFadden

Preseason Game #3

Oakland Raiders 3 @ Green Bay Packers 27

"That slug I saw last week made another return and man did he move faster than our running back crew. Its unbelievable how bad we are playing at this point. No player stuck out this week, not even our punter and he played more than anybody in the entire game."

Tommy Thornton Jacksonville Jaguars Pre - Season Week 3

While his brother is making enemies out of his Raider personnel Tommy is taking a more relaxed approach with his team.

"That one got away from us, but you all should be proud. You've lost your games by a combined 6 points. That's not bad at all, were that close to a win, means that this team can turn it around quickly. We need to keep our heads up and keep working and improving."

While Jacksonville is 0 - 2 in the preseason the team continues to work hard under their new head coach.

Players Cut
WR Kerry Taylor
TE Brandon Barden
DT Abry Jones
MLB Nathan Stupar
CB Jeremy Harris
FS Chris Prosinski

Preseason Game #3

Jacksonville Jaguars 16 @ Detroit Lions 31

"It was just a really rough game for us out there. We had three turnovers and just couldn't put anything together today against the Lions. No one really stood out on either side of the ball. Were going to have to play better in the regular season. You can't win games giving the other team the ball all the time."
Old 01-29-2015, 09:50 PM   #7
Rookie

CACNighthawk's Arena

Thomas Thornton Oakland Raider Pre - Season Week 4

In a rather surprising move Oakland Raider Head Coach Thomas Thornton notified his players immediately following last weeks lose to the Green Bay Packers who had been cut from the squad.

"I'm saving their pathetic A**** from showing up tomorrow cuz they are no longer needed here. I don't want to see them again. I've got my 53 that I want to work with."

While this has been seen as a questionable move by some, personnel from within the Oakland Raider organization agree with the decision and are ready to get to work with this years regular season.

Players Cut
HB Latavius Murray
WR Juron Criner
DT Justin Ellis
OLB Justin Cole
CB Taiwan Jones
FS Shelton Johnson

Preseason Game #4

Seattle Seahawks 19 @ Oakland Raiders 10

"While still not the performance I was looking for, at least we didn't get blown out like our previous two preseason games. Heading into the regular season now. This is when the games really matter."

Tommy Thornton Jacksonville Jaguars Pre - Season Week 4

Early Monday morning Tommy Thornton was alone in his office contemplating the huge choice that he had to make before the team could begin work for their final preseason game.

"It's saddening. We have to cut six players today. They have come so far in recent weeks with this team and I've got to tell them they didn't make it. I'm not looking forward to this."

By the end of the meetings Tommy wore a new face as he looked forward to the work ahead of him with the 53 players he has chosen for the Jacksonville Jaguars roster.

Players Cut
WR Mike Brown
OLB Chris Smith
MLB Allen Bradford
OLB Telvin Smith
CB Mike Harris
C Patrick Lewis

Preseason Game #4

Atlanta Falcons 24 @ Jacksonville Jaguars 27

"Even though it doesn't count for anything but a morale boost it was still good to get a W before the season actually began. Now we can focus on the road ahead without having to worry about losing all twenty games."
Old 01-30-2015, 12:47 PM   #8
Rookie

CACNighthawk's Arena

Thornton Brothers Team Preview

Thomas Thornton's Oakland Raiders

Depth Chart
Oakland Raiders Depth Chart - 2014
Regular Offense
STARTER2ND3RD4TH
WRJames JonesGreg Little
TEDavid AusberryMychal RiveraNick Kasa
LTDonald PennMenelik Watson
LGTony BergstromLucas Nix
CStefan Wisniewski
RGGabe Jackson (R)Kevin Boothe
RTAustin HowardKhalif BarnesMatthew McCants
WRRod StreaterAndre Holmes
QBMatt Schaub Matt McGloinDerek Carr (R)
FBMarcel ReeceJamize Olawale
HBMaurice Jones - DrewDarren McFaddenJeremy Stewart
Base 4-3 Defense
STARTER2ND3RD4TH
LDELamarr WoodleyShelby Harris (R)
LDTAntonio SmithTorell Troup
RDTPat SimsStacy McGee
RDEJustin TuckC.J. Wilson
WLBKhalil Mack (R)Kaelin Burnett
MLBKevin BurnettNick Roach
SLBSio MooreMiles Burris
CBTarell BrownD.J. HaydenT.J. Carrie (R)
SSTyvon BranchBrandian Ross
FSCharles WoodsonUsama Young
CBCarlos RogersChimdi Chekwa
Special Teams
STARTER2ND3RD4TH
KSebastian Janikowski
PMarquette King
PRJeremy Stewart
KRJeremy Stewart
LSStefen Wisniewski

"There is a lot of potential on this squad. A lot of starting spots are only separated by a small percentage. Don't be surprised if multiple times throughout the year some bench players end up starting a few games here or there. Defense is the shining point on this team. Our defense is going to have to lead us to victory."

Tommy Thornton's Jacksonville Jaguars

Depth Chart
Jacksonville Jaguars Depth Chart - 2014
Regular Offense
STARTER2ND3RD4TH
WRJustin BlackmonMarqise Lee (R)Ace Sanders
TEMarcedes LewisClay Harbor
LTLuke Joeckel
LGZane BeadlesBrandon Linder (R)Drew Nowak
CMike BrewsterLuke Bowanko (R)
RGSam YoungJacques McClendon
RTCameron BradfieldAustin Pasztor
WRCecil Shorts IIIAllen Robinson (R)Tandon Doss
QBBlake Bortles (R)Chad HenneStephen Morris (R)
FBWill Ta'ufo'ou
HBToby GerhartJordan TodmanDernard RobinsonStorm Johnson (R)
Base 4-3 Defense
STARTER2ND3RD4TH
LDEJason BabinTyson AlualuRyan Davis
LDTSen'derrick MarksRoy Miller
RDTZiggy HoodJordan Miller
RDEChris ClemonsAndre Branch
WLBDekoda WatsonJohn Lotulelei
MLBPaul PoslusznyLaroy Reynolds
SLBGeno HayesJ.T. Thomas
CBDwayne GratzDemetrius McCrayAaron Colvin (R)
SSJohnathan CyprienWinston Guy
FSSherrod MartinJosh Evans
CBAlan BallWill Blackmon
Special Teams
STARTER2ND3RD4TH
KJosh Scobee
PBryan Anger
PRWill Blackmon
KRAce Sanders
LSZane Beadles

"This is a very youthful squad for the Jacksonville Jaguars. Our O - Line is the biggest issue currently and we will need to upgrade quickly to protect our quarterbacks. I wouldn't say that this is a bad squad, this is just a really inexperience squad with a lot of young talent still adjusting to the game. In a few years this may be the squad to beat, but currently this is the squad you want on your schedule."
San Jose Sharks

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »