Home

Overcoming Adversity- The Coaching Career of Robin Blake

This is a discussion on Overcoming Adversity- The Coaching Career of Robin Blake within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-23-2015, 11:13 PM   #1
Master of Disguise

TheOtherPotterGuy's Arena

OVR: 0
Overcoming Adversity- The Coaching Career of Robin Blake

">

Prologue

Hello! Welcome to Overcoming Adversity- The Coaching Career of Robin Blake. I'am theotherpotterguy and I hope y'all will enjoy this dynasty. I started another dynasty last year called The Coaching Career of Graham Harrell but after a combination of getting the dreaded red lights on my xbox and moving to another city, I lost interest and never got around to starting it back up again. But after following several amazing dynasty stories and it being the off season for all football except for the Alex Morgan's in the world cup, I got the itch again. This dynasty will be a little different. I'am going to combine this dynasty with the elements of the "normal" dynasty with game recaps and news clippings and do a third person story line with Robin Blake as the main character. I'am going to take my time with this because I want to put out the best quality story I can. I love to write so as a disclaimer some of these posts may be long especially the intro/chapter one. I hope y'all like this. This can be pretty intimidating since there are so many good dynasties out there with amazing graphics and stories. Please feel free to leave any feedback and criticism. Enjoy!

Rules

System: Xbox 360
Game: NCAA Football 14
Rosters: Buffeyes
Sliders: Matt10's OS community sliders
Difficulty: Heisman
Coach level and progression: Default and Normal

*Updated 11/02/2015

NFL:Dallas Cowboys
NCAA:Texas Tech
NBA:Houston Rockets
MLB:Texas Rangers

Last edited by TheOtherPotterGuy; 11-02-2015 at 01:43 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2015, 11:14 PM   #2
Master of Disguise

Re: Overcoming Adversity- The Coaching Career of Robin Blake

photo Coach Robin Blake_zpsfpxy8rhn.jpg

Quick Links

Season 1

Season 2

Season 3

Coaching Career

Spoiler

Last edited by TheOtherPotterGuy; 10-23-2015 at 08:30 AM.
Old 06-23-2015, 11:15 PM   #3
Master of Disguise

Bowl Games

Award Winners

All Americans

Spoiler

Last edited by TheOtherPotterGuy; 08-19-2015 at 12:11 PM.
Old 06-23-2015, 11:16 PM   #4
Master of Disguise

Records

Coaching Tree

Players in the NFL

Spoiler

Last edited by TheOtherPotterGuy; 08-19-2015 at 02:27 PM.
Old 06-23-2015, 11:26 PM   #5
Pro

DrGravyBoat's Arena

Will definitely be following. I like the idea of adding in stories with normal game posts. I did that last year with an FAU dynasty and absolutely loved it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2015, 12:12 AM   #6
Master of Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGravyBoat
Will definitely be following. I like the idea of adding in stories with normal game posts. I did that last year with an FAU dynasty and absolutely loved it.
Thanks man! I am definitely excited and cant wait to see it all unfold.

Old 06-24-2015, 12:21 AM   #7
All Star

beast10's Arena

OVR: 36

following this!
Old 06-24-2015, 12:21 AM   #8
Master of Disguise

">

Chapter One

The thunder boomed across the West Texas sky as fresh cool rain washed away the dust of the day. Robin Blake stood in his classroom at Odessa High School watching the water drizzle down the window. The school was currently empty except for the few janitors left to clean up the mess created by the chaos that is high school. He liked coming up here when the school was quiet. It gave him a chance to think and get away especially after an exhilarating game on the gridiron. Tonight though he really needed the silence.

Robin looked down at his cell phone waiting for the call that he was both dreading and excited for. It was a call that could change his life in a big way, but he was not sure whether he was ready to take such a big step.

Sighing he turned to look at the stack of tests on his desk that still needed to be graded. School had just let out for the semester. On top of being the Head Coach of the Odessa High Broncos, he was also the Texas History teacher. The deadline to turn in grades was a couple of days ago but he got a reprieve since he was leading the Broncos to their third consecutive State Championship.

Football was Robin’s passion but he also loved teaching. He loved to see the look in a student’s face when something finally clicked or when they got a high score back on a test after studying so hard to pass. He was proud to say that since he took over the head coaching job every single player he coached passed their classes with at least a C.

Robin glanced at a framed photo of a beautiful brunette woman holding a smiling baby girl in her lap. He absentmindedly fingered the multicolored bracelet around his wrist that he wore everywhere. She would be proud, he thought, she always thought that education should be a priority and was the key for the youth to be successful in life.

Pushing away the sudden rush of sadness that cropped up unexpectedly, Robin glanced at the Avengers superhero clock that hung in his classroom and was the butt of several inside jokes with his students. Realizing that the phone call will be coming soon he started going through his students final exams hoping to stave off the anxiety that was threatening to overcome him.

When he first came to Odessa High five years ago, the team was truly awful. There was no discipline, players didn’t care about school and rarely made it to class. They hadn’t won a game in six years and had gone through eight head coaches in that time period. Robin on the other hand was a new graduate from Texas Tech University with a bachelor's degree and a plan to change the world. The first year was rough to put it mildly. Robin and the players clashed constantly. He sent so many players to the bench for academics that they had to forfeit a game due to not having enough players.

After starting the season 0-7, something changed. Players started coming to Robin’s nightly tutoring sessions held at his home and asking questions during practice and film sessions. Leaders started emerging from the pack and helped him run the team. The turnaround finally culminated in a huge end of the year win against their cross town rival. The Broncos finished the season 1-9 that year and every single player passed his classes. From that moment on there was no looking back. The second year saw the team post an 8-2 record and a spot in the playoffs for the first time in 25 years. They lost in the first round but spirits were high. In the Robins third year, the Broncos went undefeated and clinched their first ever state championship.

That victory was bittersweet for Robin as a couple weeks prior he had just lost his wife and daughter in a car accident one rainy night. The team rallied around their coach and not only brought him a championship but supported him during the rough days to follow. After three years, the Odessa High football team had become Robin’s family.

His success after the first championship attracted some attention from college programs around the nation. They all called and asked if he could become a part of their staff in some capacity. He politely refused them all. He did not feel right about leaving the team and when the time came to move up to the college ranks, he wanted to actually coach. Defense was his specialty. He took pride in the fact that his teams defenses ranked in the top 15 in the state every year after that disastrous first year. Now after leading the Broncos to their third consecutive championship game he received an offer from a program that tempted him for the first time. The offer would not only give him an opportunity to coach what he loved and to be a teacher in the classroom but he would be a part of a coaching staff that would lead the college program into new territory in the coming year.

Robin wasn’t sure he was ready to leave these kids just yet. He had gotten to know each of them personally and their families too. He was there when college acceptance letters were open and read, new interests and hobbies were discovered, hearts broken and helped guide these young men through the perils of adolescence. His players knew that their time with their coach was possibly coming to an end and it showed tonight as they clobbered their way to a blowout victory in the championship game.

He looked at the gift the team gave him before the game. It was a shadow box that had the team photo and the football from Robin’s first ever victory. He smiled. He was so proud to call each and every one of these young men his sons and he knew he wanted to continue the tradition of excellence here at Odessa High. This was his home.

Suddenly the shrill of his cell phone ringer broke through the silence. Waves of anxiety and nervousness washed over him. The moment had come but he wasn’t sure he was ready to make this decision yet. He picked up his phone and the out of area phone number shone brightly back up at him. Sighing he pressed the answer button tentatively.

“Hello?”

Last edited by TheOtherPotterGuy; 10-08-2015 at 11:00 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »