Home

Roll Tide Roll: An Alabama Crimson Tide Dynasty (NCAA 14)

This is a discussion on Roll Tide Roll: An Alabama Crimson Tide Dynasty (NCAA 14) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2018, 12:26 PM   #1
MVP

saintrules's Arena

OVR: 0
Roll Tide Roll: An Alabama Crimson Tide Dynasty (NCAA 14)

Roll Tide Roll
An Alabama Crimson Tide Dynasty

Welcome to my NCAA 14 (19) Dynasty! My original plan was to roll with the Buccs in Madden 19, but boy has that game disappointed, so back to NCAA we go! I bleed College Football, so it's only right I spend some time this season playing what I love and documenting my successes and failures along the way. I really enjoy the grind of NCAA, from rags to riches, but this season I am going to do it a little differently and dive right in to the top. Below are a few questions answering the usual:

Why the Alabama Crimson Tide?

Let's get this out of the way, I am an Alabama fan. They are the best program in the country, led by the best coach in the country (possibly ever), recruiting the best talent in the country, and live with the biggest expectations in the country. That last one, is exactly why I am rolling with the Tide. I really do not enjoy a National Championship or bust mentality, but it's the world we currently live in with Alabama. Any blemish on the schedule can reek havoc on the postseason hopes & when you play in (arguably) the toughest conference in the country, that's not an easy feat. Great power comes with great responsibility & I am responsible for bringing home the big one.

How will I run my dynasty?

In Madden I usually like to do PTM, but in NCAA, we don't really have that luxury. So, for this season I will play the first & fourth quarter of one game, the second & third quarter of one game, and then repeat, while simming non played quarters. By doing this, I will most certainly be presented with a challenge to either hold a lead or stage a comeback. The fun of playing the first and last quarter is obvious, but honestly, the second and third will present a bigger challenge & may make for more fun.

I will be using a custom set of Eight minute Heisman sliders, auto subs, and penalties, found in the NCAA Sliders section of these forums. I will not follow any recruiting restrictions & will sign players whom I see fit.

Also, I will be keeping the BCS nature. I like the playoffs, but it gets a little complicated in this game. The BCS era was pretty cool, in my opinion.

How will I run my dynasty?

I'm not a graphics guy. My dynasties are typically text based & sometimes I use the OS templates, which I will in this thread for box scores. I will do a season preview of the Tide, likely a national preview, and then box scores for each week, standings halfway through & in week 10, and then a comprehensive postseason review. I won't pay much attention to the Group of 5 or the lower tier bowls, just the NY6 and the National Championship. Recruiting wise I'll also throw out a post, but I'll focus mainly on the Tide and maybe the National Top 10 recruits and teams. Trying to keep it minimal so I can thoroughly enjoy playing.

How long will my dynasty last?

Ideally, ten seasons. My schedule isn't loose, but I can knock out a game or two in one sitting, especially with simming two quarters a game. I love amassing history and watching the rise & fall of programs, especially during football season. I'll do a five year write up and a ten year write up for sure, then go from there.

Let's get this thing started...

Last edited by saintrules; 09-05-2018 at 11:40 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2018, 12:31 PM   #2
MVP

saintrules's Arena

Re: Roll Tide Toll: An Alabama Crimson Tide Dynasty (NCAA 14)

Alabama HQ

Team Achievements
Overall Record:
National Championships:
National Championship Appearances:
SEC Championships:
SEC Championship Appearances:
SEC West Championships:
New Years Six Bowl Championships:
New Years Six Bowl Championship Appearances:

Season Records
2018:
2019:
2020:
2021:
2022:

Player Achievements
Heisman Trophy Winners:
National All-Americans:
SEC All-Conference:
SEC Offensive Player of the Year:
SEC Defensive Player of the Year:
SEC Offensive Freshman of the Year:
SEC Defensive Freshman of the Year:

Recruiting
National Top 10 Recruiting
National Top 10 Recruits:
Five Star Recruits:
Old 09-04-2018, 12:32 PM   #3
MVP

saintrules's Arena

reserved for National HQ
Old 09-04-2018, 12:39 PM   #4
MVP

saintrules's Arena

All the room I need!
Old 09-04-2018, 02:35 PM   #5
MVP

saintrules's Arena

Re: Roll Tide Roll: An Alabama Crimson Tide Dynasty (NCAA 14)

SEASON 1
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2018, 02:39 PM   #6
ML
MVP

ML's Arena

OVR: 4

Following. It’s been a while since a dynasty has been done with an already established powerhouse. Should be a good read especially with the sim aspect that you’ve included.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-04-2018, 04:16 PM   #7
MVP

saintrules's Arena

Below is the Alabama Depth Chart for the 2018 CFB Season. There's a chance the CPU auto red shirted a couple of guys, I'm fine with that.

Quarterback:
1. Tua Tagovailoa, So (91)
2. Jalen Hurts, Jr (89)
3. Mac Jones, RS Fr (75)

The great debate. Thank god I don't have to look one of these young studs in the eye and tell them they are no longer starting, that would stink. Jalen is going to get action during the first couple of tune up games (Arkansas State & Louisiana Lafayette), but Tua will see most first team snaps & will exclusively play against Texas A&M in Week 2, unless it's a blowout.

Running Back:
1. Damien Harris, Sr (93)
2. Joshua Jacobs, Jr (86)
3. Najee Harris, So (85)
4. Brian Robinson Jr, So (80)

Damien Harris has a legit chance at the Heisman, given our younger QB, receiving core, and his insane skill set. He will absolutely be our every down back and will probably get twenty to thirty touches out of the backfield, per game. Josh Jacobs is the next man up & will get playing time, regardless, but will mostly be looked at for his primary role of Kick & Punt Returner. Najee Harris is the young gun in the works, a possible future Derrick Henry.

Wide Receiver:
1. Jerry Jeudy, So (85)
2. Devonta Smith, So (84)
3. Henry Ruggs III, So (84)
4. Jaylen Waddle, Fr (80)
5. Xavian Marks, Sr (79)
6. Chadarius Townsend, Rs Fr (79)

This is definitely the first time in a while Bama hasn't had a household name in the receiving core. I mean, Devonta Smith, maybe, given his National Championship winning catch, but you get my point. Fortunately, these young guys are all Sophomores and Jaylen is a Frosh, boy we've got a core built for the long haul.

Tight End:
1. Hale Hentges, Sr (87)
2. Irvin Smith Jr, Jr (82)
3. Kendrick James, So (79)

Given the youth in the receiving core, Tua will likely be leaning on Hale Hentges to make those grown man catches in the red zone or on third down. He's no OJ Howard, but Hale can get the job done, a solid TE.

Left Tackle:
1. Jonah Williams, Jr (98)

Best in class, no doubt about it. Big Jonah is going to be leading the push that will get Damien Harris a Heisman, let's go big fella.

Left Guard:
1. Lester Cotton, Sr (87)

Same deal here with Lester, but we do need to consider his Senior status and no notable depth behind him. Like I said, there might be a red shirt hiding out, I'll have to check this out.

Center:
1. Ross Pierschbacher, Rs Sr (97)

It feels like Pierschbacher has been here with Bama forever, time to send him off into the NFL with another National Championship. He sees a slight position change here with Bradley Bozeman moving on last year, so hopefully he can come into his own rather quickly.

Right Guard:
1. Jedrick Wills Jr, So (86)
2. Josh Casher, Rs Sr (82)

Definitely younger on the right side of the line, but talented, nonetheless. Wills will get the nod over the older Casher, but if there's an injury, at least we have some insurance.

Right Tackle:
1. Alex Leatherwood, So (86)
2. Matt Womack, Jr (85)

Same deal over at Right Tackle, young, but talented, with a backup already built in. Leathwood has a good shot at being a first round pick in a couple seasons.

Left End:
1. Isaiah Buggs, Sr (88)
2. LaBryan Ray, So (83)

I'm legit scared of Isaiah Buggs just by his name, sounds like someone who just swarms you. We need this fella to go for broke this season as our defense adjusts to losing a lot of talent.

Defensive Tackle:
1. Quinnen Williams, Rs So (83)
2. Phidarian Mathis, Rs Fr (79)
3. Tevita Musika, Jr (74)

Da'Ron Payne was instrumental to the defense last season & now we move on after him. Quinnen Williams will take charge at the front with another young blood right behind him. I'm definitely not ruling out the opportunity for a talented recruit to earn this spot down the road, consider this a project.

Right End:
1. Raekwon Davis, Jr (95)
2. Johnny Dwight, Rs Sr (81)

Raekwon Davis will captain our defense, no doubt about it. Speed, power, flow, a true triple threat when it comes to hunting QB's.

Left Outside Linebacker:
1. Christian Miller, Rs Sr (83)

Miller is capable, not great, but capable. We do need to address this spot through the season, one injury and I don't like where we stand.

Middle Linebacker:
1. Mack Wilson, Jr (93)
2. Dylan Moses, So (86)

Two phenomenal talents that will anchor down this defense along with Raekwon Davis.

Right Outside Linebacker:
1. Anfernee Jennings, Rs Jr (86)
2. Christopher Allen, So (82)

Jennings is similar to Christian Miller, a capable talent who, while not elite, can certain reach that level in some games given the right situation and opportunity.

Corner Back:
1. Saivion Smith, Jr (86)
2. Trevon Diggs, Jr (83)
3. Shyheim Carter, Jr (82)
4. Patrick Surtain Jr, Fr (81)
5. Nigel Knott, So (81)

The Tide secondary is rather suspect at the moment, just purely based on the fact we lost Ronnie Harrison, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Levi Wallace, Hootie Jones, and a few other strong names. Saivion Smith and Trevon Diggs will need to dig in quickly. Thankfully, Patrick Surtain Jr & Nigel Knott already look to be the next big things in the secondary.

Free Safety:
1. Deionte Thompson, Rs Jr (82)

The Safety position has been one of Bama's pride and joys over the last decade. Deionte Thompson and Xavier McKinney have big shoes to fill, there's no doubt about that.

Strong Safety:
1. Xavier McKinney, So (80)

See above.

Kicker/Punter/Kick Return:
K. Joseph Bolovas, Rs Fr (82)
P. Skyler DeLong, Fr (81)
KR/PR. Joshua Jacobs, Jr (99)

Classic case of a "decent" kicker at best for the Tide. Josh Jacobs is going to score a couple returning TD's, mark my word.

Old 09-04-2018, 04:49 PM   #8
MVP

saintrules's Arena

Week 1 BYE

Week 2 Arkansas State Red Wolves (0-1) at #1 Alabama Crimson Tide (0-0)

Pregame Thoughts: If there was ever a need for a good timing tune up game, it would be here in Week 2, ahead of visiting Texas A&M at Kyle Field for our first SEC contest. With our Week 1 bye, we at least avoided any potential early season injuries, and here in Week 2, we can possibly put our second team offense & defense on the field after the half.

Arkansas State Red Wolves at Alabama Crimson Tide
Sep 8, 20181234F
ARST (0-2)3331423
#1 ALA (1-0)717211055
Top Performers
PASS: Tua Tagovailoa (AL) - 14/20, 193 yards, 2 TD
RUSH: Damien Harris (AL) - 20 att, 153 yards, 2 TD, 4 rec, 9 yards
REC: Devonta Smith (AL) - 7 rec, 129 yards, 1 TD
Team Stats Comparison
ARSTALA
First Downs1524
3rd Down Efficiency0-119-14
4th Down Efficiency0-00-1
Total Yards381770
Passing Yards309382
Rushing Yards48179
Penalties-Penalty Yards0-00-0
Turnovers01
Time of Possession13:1118:49

Postgame Thoughts: They were who we thought they were. Tua, Damien, and the receiving core, looked stout. Tua and Devonta Smith combined for a 72 yard TD, and Damien Harris broke loose on an off tackle run for 74 yards. I'm not going to lie, it's odd having a lefty QB, gotta get used to it. Tua's arm strength is tremendous, however, and his precision is just as good. Our offensive line was fair on the pass protection and Tua got knocked more times than he should have, but I'll let it slide because the holes were tremendous for Harris. Defensively, we held Arkansas State to zero third down conversions in eleven tries. They did get some passing yards under their belt, but a better deal of those came in the fourth with the second team in the game.

Last edited by saintrules; 09-05-2018 at 11:37 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »