Home

The "I need a challenge" thread

This is a discussion on The "I need a challenge" thread within the Football Manager forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Football Manager
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2010, 01:01 PM   #1
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37
The "I need a challenge" thread

Did not see one and with this game pretty much reaching it's lifespan, some may need something to spice the game up.

So with that...

Urban Meyer is lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2010, 04:38 PM   #2
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: The "I need a challenge" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88
Did not see one and with this game pretty much reaching it's lifespan, some may need something to spice the game up.

So with that...
If you're looking for something new, you could download a new league, (sign up for the fourms first) this is a good way to expand the games lifespan. Especially the fictitious leagues.

As for challenges, the only one I have competed in is the last at Christmas one. Not sure if you did as well, but you holiday until Christmas and then make yourself manager at the club that's last in the EPL, and try to save them from relegation.
Old 06-17-2010, 05:20 PM   #3
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

First of all, I don't think this game every really reaches its lifespan. There's just so much you can do with add ons. It's just the new features that make me buy the game every year. Right now I don't see how they can improve enough on this year's game to justify buying a new one. But I'm sure they'll come up with something...

I do agree that it can get a bit boring grinding away at a club year after year, so let's try to come up with a challenge like that Christmas challenge that we can all try. That was pretty fun. I'll look when I get home to try and come up with a good one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesox
If you're looking for something new, you could download a new league, (sign up for the fourms first) this is a good way to expand the games lifespan. Especially the fictitious leagues.

As for challenges, the only one I have competed in is the last at Christmas one. Not sure if you did as well, but you holiday until Christmas and then make yourself manager at the club that's last in the EPL, and try to save them from relegation.
What, no mention of taking over Crystal Palace midseason when their finances and morale are in shambles?
Old 06-17-2010, 05:23 PM   #4
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTellinTim
I do agree that it can get a bit boring grinding away at a club year after year, so let's try to come up with a challenge like that Christmas challenge that we can all try. That was pretty fun. I'll look when I get home to try and come up with a good one.
I like this idea, maybe I'll holiday to near the end of the season and see if I can come up with a good one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTellinTim
What, no mention of taking over Crystal Palace midseason when their finances and morale are in shambles?
Repressed memories.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:11 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 13

How about taking a fallen team like Leeds and trying to return them to their former glory?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2010, 10:01 PM   #6
MVP

JoeBudden's Arena

OVR: 10

Check out past winners of either the Champions or Europa league winners or 2nd place teams. I started up with Red Star Belgrade and love it.
Old 06-18-2010, 02:26 AM   #7
MVP

Lecrae's Arena

OVR: 16

I've taken Blyth Spartans to the EPL and made it to the Champions League in the span of like 15 seasons or so?

Of course I wanted to make it in 10 but it takes so long, you can try being a bad team and raising them to the highest level possible using only youth league players and those you had on your roster before.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:40 PM   #8
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

Ok, so, I've decided to come up with a serious challenge. Let me know if you guys are interested.

In light of the World Cup...

Operation Sports World Cup Challenge

You are Bob Bradley, and the current manager of the United States National Team. World Cup Qualifying has been completed, with the USA finishing first in their group. Groups have also been drawn. The US have drawn lucky, as it would seem. They have been placed in the Host's group, along with Paraguay and Russia.

With such an exceptional performance, and a seemingly decent draw, great expectations have been bestowed upon you. We join the scenario the day of the draw, right after it has taken place. It is up to you to implement tactics, and get your team ready.

DOWNLOAD THE GAME SAVE HERE

Scoring:
The winner is the one who can go the farthest in the tournament. If two or more people reach the same round, the winner will be decided based on goal differential.

In order to use the save file, you must extract the file from the zip folder, and place it in the path:
.../My Documents/Sports Interactive/ Football Manager 2010/games

Then you should be able to load it like normal.

Good luck!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Football Manager »