Home

Best Academy* Player

This is a discussion on Best Academy* Player within the Football Manager forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Football Manager
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2010, 09:09 PM   #1
Mo
SSN

Mo's Arena

OVR: 39
Best Academy* Player

During your FM playing career.
A) Who was your best Academy player, i.e. player started his career;true homegrown?
B) Best player you bought into your academy?

For me
A. FM 07, after many seasons, I wound up at Chelsea, the Kid was Jack Harrison, he was a Winger/Striker.

He was a better version of Theo Walcott

Harrison was an England International at age 20.

Honorable mentions were from FM 08 in my QPR days, Paul McClean, and Grant Masters. Neither was great or even good, but made key contributions

B. Also from FM 08 and QPR. Fransisco Ortiz, Winger/Center Forward.

Best I can describe him is he was a taller Cristiano Ronaldo.

Signed him as 16 year old from a Spanish Side, played a year in the u-18. Loaned him out the next year, called him back for the final four games, scored 3 goals and 2 assists.

The board then sold him for 19 M. A year later I bought him back for 22 M. Best season he had was 42 Goals, 25 Assists. He was awesome. He had 3 years straight of 30 plus goals.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2010, 10:40 PM   #2
Pro

Dylema's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Best Academy* Player

a) I'm pretty deep into a career with Yeovil Town and the only player that came fully though my system is a forward/winger named Enoch Menseh. He won premership young player of the year at 18 relegated and then he lost finished second when he was 20. Hasn't been capped at 22 or 23 but still always seems to end up with a goal or an assists somehow.

b) Best player I brought in was a left winger at the age of 17 from Man City for 3M I think. By the time he was 21 he was 2 time premiership young player of the year had the most assists one year and was forced out by the chairman for 30M to Chelsea. He was capped at 21 and just was a terror down the wings.

Old 08-11-2010, 10:16 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

Best player I ever had was a CM when I was at nottingham. He was 16 on the first team in the championship. I let him stay in reserves for about half the season until my starting cm got hurt and slowly phased him in. He was a Gerrard type and was a youth level international right away. It was very helpful to have mckenna to play with him in my 442.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:57 PM   #4
MVP

Lecrae's Arena

OVR: 16

A) Jack Rodwell I found him on some version of FM a while ago and he cruised for me, for some reason he was better then than he has been for me now. Also a couple of guys like Beckford and Anichebe have pulled through at times.

B)I usually don't buy youth players, I snatch them up after they start showing promise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Football Manager »