Home

PGA TOUR 2K23 Impressions

This is a discussion on PGA TOUR 2K23 Impressions within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2023, 12:41 PM   #793
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: PGA TOUR 2K23 Impressions

hey guys what putting setting do i need to use where the aim point is right at the hole and i move it forward and back for elevation changes myself?

right now when i have an uphill putt the meter is already behind it and i thought i had switched something but elevation doesnt seem to matter.
Old 05-03-2023, 01:10 PM   #794
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hort22
hey guys what putting setting do i need to use where the aim point is right at the hole and i move it forward and back for elevation changes myself?

right now when i have an uphill putt the meter is already behind it and i thought i had switched something but elevation doesnt seem to matter.
I don't think you can change that. I believe the aim marker will always be automatically adjusted a bit for elevation before a putt. I cannot find any setting in 2K23 that changes the default putt aiming whatsoever.

Last edited by MrArlingtonBeach; 05-03-2023 at 01:16 PM.
Old 05-03-2023, 01:54 PM   #795
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
I don't think you can change that. I believe the aim marker will always be automatically adjusted a bit for elevation before a putt. I cannot find any setting in 2K23 that changes the default putt aiming whatsoever.
This. Barring the elevation change isn't something crazy like a steep drop or climb on the green, the marker auto adjusts and will be perfect distance. I swear there is a setting for this, but I don't think it works properly, or I'm completely off my rocker and mis-remembering
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2023, 02:18 PM   #796
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakywwe
This. Barring the elevation change isn't something crazy like a steep drop or climb on the green, the marker auto adjusts and will be perfect distance. I swear there is a setting for this, but I don't think it works properly, or I'm completely off my rocker and mis-remembering
I’m sure there is a putting setting for 2K’s game that doesn’t default to required distance plus elevation. I’ll have a look in a bit & report back.
Old 05-03-2023, 02:29 PM   #797
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIFRIG
I’m sure there is a putting setting for 2K’s game that doesn’t default to required distance plus elevation. I’ll have a look in a bit & report back.
I'm in there right now.

One that seems relevant is "Pro Vision: Elevation". I have had that turned off since the game came out. Having it off forces you to take elevation into account when setting up your shot. This works when playing shots from off the green, but I still get an automatic marker setup when putting.

There is no specific Putt Aim setting in the Difficulty setting menu.

There is nothing related to putt aiming in display & HUD settings, either.

The only other setting that could be involved here is "Distance Control Assist". But that one says it's related to limiting the backswing based on intended distance, adding the overswing zone to partials. When that's off, it allows for a full back swing to be performed, regardless of intent. I tested it on a putting course I made. I turned Distance Control Assist off for it, and still got all the putts set up for me automatically...a 2 foot uphill putt had me auto aimed 27 feet past the cup.

So yeah, unless it's hidden in another setting or menu that I haven't found yet, I cannot see a way to change that. And watching some videos of guys playing TGCT, they all seem to get auto-aimed on the greens as well. I would assume TGCT, especially in Pro Tours and True Sim, would force players to aim for themselves.

If you do find it, though, please share!

Last edited by MrArlingtonBeach; 05-03-2023 at 02:43 PM.
Old 05-03-2023, 02:46 PM   #798
Pro

Quote:
I'm in there right now.

"Pro Vision: Elevation".
Yep, this is definitely what I was thinking of. But you saying that it only affects shots from off the green sounds exactly right, there is no option for the putting marker
Old 05-03-2023, 03:04 PM   #799
Pro

Quote:
I'm in there right now.

One that seems relevant is "Pro Vision: Elevation". I have had that turned off since the game came out. Having it off forces you to take elevation into account when setting up your shot. This works when playing shots from off the green, but I still get an automatic marker setup when putting.

There is no specific Putt Aim setting in the Difficulty setting menu.

There is nothing related to putt aiming in display & HUD settings, either.

The only other setting that could be involved here is "Distance Control Assist". But that one says it's related to limiting the backswing based on intended distance, adding the overswing zone to partials. When that's off, it allows for a full back swing to be performed, regardless of intent. I tested it on a putting course I made. I turned Distance Control Assist off for it, and still got all the putts set up for me automatically...a 2 foot uphill putt had me auto aimed 27 feet past the cup.

So yeah, unless it's hidden in another setting or menu that I haven't found yet, I cannot see a way to change that. And watching some videos of guys playing TGCT, they all seem to get auto-aimed on the greens as well. I would assume TGCT, especially in Pro Tours and True Sim, would force players to aim for themselves.

If you do find it, though, please share!
Distance control off, no vibration assist gets you to a decent challenge on the greens. Even though the marker is set you still have to make the stroke so still a good challenge. I also think you can turn the marker off but the distance will still auto adjust I guess.
Old 05-03-2023, 07:07 PM   #800
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

How can I tell how far uphill or downhill the hole/flag is from where I am shooting?

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »