Home

EA Sports PGA TOUR Impressions (Console)

This is a discussion on EA Sports PGA TOUR Impressions (Console) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2023, 11:35 PM   #1137
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports PGA TOUR Impressions (Console)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJin2011tm
I didn’t even know you could turn it off but never really looked through all the settings. Is there a fast play option? I’ve heard there is but can’t find it.
Ya, fast play is in the gameplay settings, and I believe heartbeat moments are in the visual settings.
Old 04-26-2023, 11:35 PM   #1138
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJin2011tm
I didn’t even know you could turn it off but never really looked through all the settings. Is there a fast play option? I’ve heard there is but can’t find it.
"Fast Play" is in visual settings.
Old 04-27-2023, 04:05 AM   #1139
Rookie

Crazy Packers Fan's Arena

So far I'm loving the game, and I'm going to write up a review for it once I feel I've played it enough. But one thing that's really annoying: playing a career round against a computer. It tells me I'm facing Tony Finau, but Scottie Scheffler apparently took his tee time. Then Scheffler three-putts 1 for a bogey, but he decides to write it in as a birdie. Later, he dunks one into the water, but when his card comes up, it's mysteriously devoid of any squares. Either Scheffler is the biggest fraud in PGA Tour history, or this game needs a serious patch.
Old 04-27-2023, 07:26 AM   #1140
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Packers Fan
So far I'm loving the game, and I'm going to write up a review for it once I feel I've played it enough. But one thing that's really annoying: playing a career round against a computer. It tells me I'm facing Tony Finau, but Scottie Scheffler apparently took his tee time. Then Scheffler three-putts 1 for a bogey, but he decides to write it in as a birdie. Later, he dunks one into the water, but when his card comes up, it's mysteriously devoid of any squares. Either Scheffler is the biggest fraud in PGA Tour history, or this game needs a serious patch.
Uh oh...this isn't good. Are you saying it's doing this when you turn on AI pairings in career mode? Scoring issues are the fatal flaw, it doesn't work at all in match play vs cpu pro, and last night I had my first scoring glitch in career mode, I birdied the 18th at Pebble Beach in the 2nd round and it gave me a par and I missed the cut because of it.

Very strange that it glitched on Finau vs Scheffler. They have to fix this stuff, incorrect scoring is the worst. It's worse than the leaderboard issue in 2k, this is actually screwing up scores for your player.
Old 04-27-2023, 09:07 AM   #1141
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
I have seen YouTubers and streamers have this issue. I think it will show on the screen before you start your round the name of your AI partner and show the character model of that partner, too. Sometimes they won't match up, and Scheffler is the guy that shows up incorrectly. If you hop into the round, then scoring is messed up.

Apex mentions it here, and you can see how to fix it by backing out before you start the round and jumping in again:

https://youtu.be/z2ZNpNAnobE?t=406
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2023, 09:50 AM   #1142
Pro

Quote:
This has been a problem since it came out. You need to make sure your playing partner listed is the same as the one showing next to your player. If not, back out and go back in, it will change it. If you don't back out, Scottie will shoot his own shots but be given Finau's scorecard, so it'll never match up
Old 04-27-2023, 11:39 AM   #1143
Pro

If anyone out there is struggling and not getting a lot of birdies, this video help me immensely:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKQZRfuYJUo

He goes through the best specs to spend your coin on, and especially how to use the Finesse, Pick and Spinner shots. It's transformed the game for me on approach shots. Shooting well under par now almost every time where before I was always around even.

One other thing this video and another one I watched said, don't waste your coin on "recovery" in the specs. It doesn't do anything, mainly because there are no real penalties for hitting out of the rough or sand in this game. Focus on maxing your Accuracy and Control in the specs, even dialing back power to free up more coin to max out those 2. Putting is also fine once you get the Texas wedge, there's really no benefit to spending coin to up anything in putting beyond that wedge.

I'm having a real blast now...that Finesse shot has completely changed the game for me and I'm in contention in every round now. Loving it.
Old 04-27-2023, 01:27 PM   #1144
Pro

I'm not using this arc thing, game is way too easy that way. I've been playing no aids on green lately, just using elevation and the degree above or below feet window. I've made a lot more putts than I thought this way, and been hitting them close enough for 2 putts most of the time. I would prefer a very low camera angle but it is what it is... And I just refuse to take minutes to line up putts in this game, I barely spent a few seconds to do that just like I do in real golf.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »