Home

EA Sport PGA Tour DLC question

This is a discussion on EA Sport PGA Tour DLC question within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2023, 10:22 PM   #1
Pro

gsize19's Arena

OVR: 3
EA Sport PGA Tour DLC question

So typically, I am not a fan of spending extra money for a game for cheats, or extra points, etc., however I have no issues forking out some extra bucks for DLC such as equipment or. Has anyone heard if EA plans to offer DLC courses this go around.

With getting off to a much better start with golf this time versus the Rory version, I would love to see 8-12 (or more) courses offered eventually, and courses that are used during a PGA Tour season so they can have the tourneys like The Memorial.

Would love to also see them add some more golfers. Not that I use any of the pros, but I do like playing against the pros in pairings. Also, now granted, it's a PGA licensed game, but would love to see the LIV golfers included somehow in future editions. Not this year, unless they are planning for it already, but in future games. I mean in theory they are all members of the PGA Tour, just not active.

All in all, DLC or not, this has been the first EA game in a long time that I feel got it right pretty much at release and enhanced the bugs pretty quickly. Just wanted to commend the EA team for this product, and that comes with me swallowing pride because I usually pick apart EA staff for other games and not listening to their bread and butter type fans that know the game, play the game and offer constructive feedback. Giving this game an A... A+ if they have some future DLC (courses and equipment).

I don't steal rosters and pass them off as my own, I create them!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2023, 11:52 PM   #2
Rookie

Maxflier's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: EA Sport PGA Tour DLC question

They do have more courses coming. Don't know about golfers, but I tend to doubt it if they haven't announced it.
Old 04-22-2023, 12:07 AM   #3
Rookie

binga30's Arena

OVR: 0

There already are LIV golfers in the game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-22-2023, 07:23 AM   #4
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

All the ‘23 major courses will be added before each event.
Old 04-23-2023, 07:57 PM   #5
Rookie

Completely agree. I can't put the game down...which is the sign of a truly great experience. EA gets, (and deserves) a LOT of the fire that comes their way. But this time and this game? I think they nailed it.

Kudos and congrats to the dev team
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2023, 11:43 PM   #6
Rookie

Crazy Packers Fan's Arena

Icon14 Re: EA Sports PGA Tour DLC question

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewLew72
Completely agree. I can't put the game down...which is the sign of a truly great experience. EA gets, (and deserves) a LOT of the fire that comes their way. But this time and this game? I think they nailed it.

Kudos and congrats to the dev team

Can't agree more. I'm absolutely addicted to this game. I turned it on this morning and am still playing as the clock strikes midnight. EA got this one right. Now my hope is for more courses to add to what is already a great experience.
Old 05-04-2023, 12:33 PM   #7
Pro

Dawgfan1's Arena

OVR: 2

So far this year they are adding each of the major courses, the Ryder Cup course (along with the Ryder Cup itself... we'll see how that's implemented, hopefully it's in Career Mode), and this year's BMW Championship course. Depending on when/if the next game comes out, we might get the same process for 2024 (Presidents Cup instead of Ryder Cup? probably wishful thinking).
MLB: Atlanta Braves
Soccer: Southampton and Atlanta United
Old 05-07-2023, 01:06 AM   #8
Rookie

Crazy Packers Fan's Arena

Quote:
Depending on when/if the next game comes out, we might get the same process for 2024 (Presidents Cup instead of Ryder Cup? probably wishful thinking).
It pains me to realize that they're going to make a new game next year. Not just because it'll cost another $70 or so, but I'll have to start my career all over.

Also, I'd like to see a couple of the courses from Rory's game, because those seem to be easier to convert to the new game. Oakmont & Royal Troon. I can't remember if there were any others. (Oh, and I'd like Bethpage Black, but that's probably a pipe dream.)

Last edited by Crazy Packers Fan; 05-07-2023 at 01:33 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »