Home

EA Sports PGA Tour U.S. Open Update Patch Notes

This is a discussion on EA Sports PGA Tour U.S. Open Update Patch Notes within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2023, 11:31 AM   #9
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: EA Sports PGA Tour U.S. Open Update Patch Notes

I know this is a little thing, but it's nice to see they are focused on the small details, too:

Global: Update a number of courses to use course-specific or tournament-specific tee markers depending on the context for the round.

I did notice in the ApexHound video of his first playthrough at LACC that the course had specific tee boxes - the pennant flags that are in the course's logo. Was nice to see.

Last edited by MrArlingtonBeach; 06-13-2023 at 11:34 AM.
Old 06-13-2023, 11:33 AM   #10
Pro

mrsaito's Arena

OVR: 1

If we have already started a career do we have to wait until year 3 to play the US Open at LACC similar to Oak Hill and the PGA?
Old 06-13-2023, 11:36 AM   #11
Pro

Dawgfan1's Arena

OVR: 2

Definitely looks like a more minor update compared to last month, personally I’m not too bothered and appreciate all the fixes however minor (the Pebble Beach seagulls one made me laugh), but it’s for sure an update that will disappoint people. Good to see actual mention of turn based online being worked on, they had mentioned adding online modes near launch but not what specific ones.

A few of the fixes that I noticed seem good but we don’t know how much they truly affect things. In Career Mode they say AI golfers will not miss short putts as badly anymore and in gameplay physics they say the ball will roll better up hills. Both are good minor fixes although I think more major changes are needed to both areas, but they have maybe prioritized getting quick fixes out. Tournament-specific tee markers that we saw mysteriously removed between trailers and launch may be back in, and they mentioned the shot address camera will not always be centered directly above the golfer in some situations i.e. the ball near a structure. Hopefully those fixes turn out as good as they sound.
MLB: Atlanta Braves
Soccer: Southampton and Atlanta United
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2023, 11:37 AM   #12
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsaito
If we have already started a career do we have to wait until year 3 to play the US Open at LACC similar to Oak Hill and the PGA?
I would assume so...this was the only mention of LACC in career mode:

In career mode, the U.S. Open Championship now alternates every season between The Los Angeles Country Club and The Country Club.
Old 06-13-2023, 11:42 AM   #13
Rookie

ataranto2's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
I know this is a little thing, but it's nice to see they are focused on the small details, too:

Global: Update a number of courses to use course-specific or tournament-specific tee markers depending on the context for the round.

I did notice in the ApexHound video of his first playthrough at LACC that the course had specific tee boxes - the pennant flags that are in the course's logo. Was nice to see.

I noticed this too but shouldn’t the tee markers been us open/usga ones since he was playing with crowds/tournament atmosphere on? If he was playing with crowds off it would’ve made sense for the markers to be the LACC ones
Old 06-13-2023, 11:47 AM   #14
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataranto2
I noticed this too but shouldn’t the tee markers been us open/usga ones since he was playing with crowds/tournament atmosphere on? If he was playing with crowds off it would’ve made sense for the markers to be the LACC ones
Not sure...there were US Open logos on the stands and structures. But then the scorebug didn't have the US Open logo - it just had the pennant logo of the course. Since it was just a Quick Play round, maybe they don't do the total US Open branding?
Old 06-13-2023, 11:51 AM   #15
Rookie

Crazy Packers Fan's Arena

My score now comes up as "E" no matter what I shot. It shows me atop the leaderboard at "E" when I'm actually at -10. And no, this isn't the Tour Championship. In fact, one screen showed the entire leaderboard at "E." This needs fixed pronto.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2023, 01:25 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
Hmm

Seems a bit ho-hum after reading though it
I think everyone knew the big updates weren’t coming. This was just an opportunity to set expectations high so we could then have the predictable disappointment.

Personally, I don’t think any of the updates are going to make a certain set of gamers happy. They just offer more opportunities to compare and complain.

Won my first tourney and qualified for the masters. Im starting to collect a decent amount of gold in the online tourneys. Never gonna hit the prime rewards, but the gold I get for the time I put in is worth it.

Moar better is fine. But they could not add a single update, other than courses, and I’d be happy. And I don’t need a ton of new courses.

If anything, they need to invest time in creating a better online experience. They need an easy way for users to set up tournaments to play with their own group of friends. As it is, I’m not interested in the online play they have, other than the public tournaments.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »