Home

EA Sports PGA Tour Patch Notes 7.0 - Ryder Cup Update

This is a discussion on EA Sports PGA Tour Patch Notes 7.0 - Ryder Cup Update within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2023, 05:29 PM   #17
Rookie

Crazy Packers Fan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports PGA Tour Patch Notes 7.0 - Ryder Cup Update

As someone who doesn't play online, this is probably the most disappointing update of all. Two random guys named "Europe"? Are you kidding me? EA couldn't get even two Europeans in this game? I'm sure licensing and everything is difficult, but if they planned on having the Ryder Cup in this game, they should have had the foresight to include at least two Europeans.

And there's no real Ryder Cup mode where you can form teams and jump into matches at certain holes. I wanted something like we got in Tiger Woods 11 which had a killer Ryder Cup mode (unfortunately by the time I got that game, I was so used to playing the superior 14 version that I couldn't get the hang of 11).

Finally, why change it so you can get to level 60 now? All the hours I put into the game after getting to level 50 are now meaningless. It's like I have to start all over. They should have just stopped it at 50. Just so disappointed in this update.
Old 09-28-2023, 05:53 PM   #18
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Packers Fan
As someone who doesn't play online, this is probably the most disappointing update of all. Two random guys named "Europe"? Are you kidding me? EA couldn't get even two Europeans in this game? I'm sure licensing and everything is difficult, but if they planned on having the Ryder Cup in this game, they should have had the foresight to include at least two Europeans.

And there's no real Ryder Cup mode where you can form teams and jump into matches at certain holes. I wanted something like we got in Tiger Woods 11 which had a killer Ryder Cup mode (unfortunately by the time I got that game, I was so used to playing the superior 14 version that I couldn't get the hang of 11).

Finally, why change it so you can get to level 60 now? All the hours I put into the game after getting to level 50 are now meaningless. It's like I have to start all over. They should have just stopped it at 50. Just so disappointed in this update.
The Ryder Cup mode in TW 11 was OK and did have all the formats in one mode, but that game also lacked the ability to round out rosters properly. I recall using non-Euro/US players, as well as female pros, to give each side the right number of people on each team.

But I definitely agree with you, and wish EA included an actual offline Ryder Cup mode in this game. And I wish they would have at least come up with some fake-named US and Euro players (not named "USA" or "Europe") to have 12 on each side if they weren't gonna get fully licensed rosters.

Last edited by MrArlingtonBeach; 09-28-2023 at 09:54 PM.
Old 09-28-2023, 10:57 PM   #19
Pro

Important back and forth there guys, spot on.

All of this needs to be addressed going forward, especially for a "Live Service" game. The next few months will tell us what that concept really means to EA, now that this final season has been dropped.

Huge fan, love the game obviously. There are still major issues to work on. Please keep improving the game, and listen to the people that play it most. EA has been very responsive, and I'm hopeful things are going to continue to improve.
Old 09-29-2023, 05:12 PM   #20
Pro

What are everyone’s opinions on Marco Simone?

From the first video I saw I thought the course looked underwhelming & now I’ve played it I feel the same. In places it looks flat, bland & washed out. The tree placement looks like a PGA 2K23 user created course with multiples of the same tree in sight lines from tee boxes. The contrast is off compared to other far superior tracks in the game.
After watching 10 hours of Ryder Cup today I definitely feel EA have dropped the ball on this one.
Old 09-29-2023, 05:27 PM   #21
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

I find it to be alright...haven't noticed the tree thing, other than the area which looks like a vineyard where the same tree is planted methodically in rows.

I think the off-course detail is pretty good, with all the Ryder Cup signage and decorations, like the #TeamUSA and #TeamEurope signs the one lake. The castle and clubhouse are neat, too. And the sounds of bells and scooters in the distance also enhances the Italian feel.

The golf itself on the course is OK...some repeated dogleg holes where it's really easy to knock the ball thru the fairway. It's not my favorite course in the game, but I don't think it's the worst, either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2023, 10:29 PM   #22
Pro

gsize19's Arena

OVR: 3

Had over 8 million of XP that I lost when the patch came out... I know you have to gain XP again to go beyond 50, but they should have allowed us that had banked XP to actually use it instead of starting at scratch...

I don't steal rosters and pass them off as my own, I create them!!!
Old 10-03-2023, 02:28 PM   #23
All Star

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIFRIG
What are everyone’s opinions on Marco Simone?

From the first video I saw I thought the course looked underwhelming & now I’ve played it I feel the same. In places it looks flat, bland & washed out. The tree placement looks like a PGA 2K23 user created course with multiples of the same tree in sight lines from tee boxes. The contrast is off compared to other far superior tracks in the game.
After watching 10 hours of Ryder Cup today I definitely feel EA have dropped the ball on this one.

As a general statement, though, it does seem like the course accuracy and impressiveness varies somewhat significantly. Pebble and Augusta look great. Bandon does not look good and nothing like what it looks like in real life (it actually looks like a PS3 game at times, especially the distant backgrounds like the Oregon coast/beach line, etc.).

I can't speak for Marco Simone as I've never been to the course in person, but it doesn't really look like what the course looked like on TV, in my opinion. I understand that the course probably looks different at different times of year, though.
Old 10-04-2023, 06:56 PM   #24
Rookie

This is, what?

Was there mention of the distance showing in feet on par 3s? Was there mention that lie considerations (below or above) have no influence on ball flight? Possible mention that there is still no turn-based solo play online? Or mention of lie penalties being quite nil when it looks like you're hitting from inside a hay stack? Any inkling of mention of the chance to search for players online without any limitation? Any possible hint of a mention that if I want to play match-making, I'm really limited to what course I'm able to play and what difficulty? Was there talk of the choppiness of the menus? Did the fact that in certain tight circumstances my ball is moved, sometimes without anything even resembling logic, ever come up?

Granted, I enjoy playing EA's game. But there's a lot of stuff that needs to be looked at, adjusted, or fixed. Presumably-- though I didn't see mention of it-- EA has a plan to bring a little polish to gameplay.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »