Home

EA Sports PGA Tour Patch 11 and Season 10 Available Today - Patch Notes

This is a discussion on EA Sports PGA Tour Patch 11 and Season 10 Available Today - Patch Notes within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2024, 01:11 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
EA Sports PGA Tour Patch 11 and Season 10 Available Today - Patch Notes

EA Sports PGA Tour patch 11.0 and Season 10 are scheduled to be released tomorrow, to...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2024, 01:30 PM   #2
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: EA Sports PGA Tour Patch 11 and Season 10 Tomorrow - Patch Notes

Some good stuff in there...pretty wild they are totally replacing the physics they had for golf ball interaction with the cup with a whole new tech. I mean, it definitely needed it, but I am just surprised they are just totally overhauling it with a "new tech" at this stage in the game's life.

The green view in the Hole Map is pretty cool...2K has a similar view, but I like that EA is implementing the actual green grids into their view. 2K does not show any grids on theirs.

I appreciate that they are adding cosmetics to the Pro Pass free tier, but they are apparently just EA hats and visors, so not a huge deal I guess.

Two to four-player, turn-based stroke play for private matches is a good add as well.

Not gonna lie, I keep being impressed with how much they continue to work on and tweak this game. I really hope cup physics are actually fixed now, since that has been a big reason I haven't played the game much...I was still getting horrible ball/cup reactions that were not normal.

I really would like to see more courses added, especially the 2024 major hosts like Valhalla, Pinehurst No. 2, and Royal Troon.

Last edited by MrArlingtonBeach; 01-22-2024 at 03:57 PM.
Old 01-22-2024, 01:50 PM   #3
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

ApexHound video on the patch as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUg03k0JpGA
Old 01-22-2024, 06:00 PM   #4
Pro

Dawgfan1's Arena

OVR: 2

As long as everything in this patch works as described (especially the cup physics fixes) and no major issues are created by it, I'm somewhat pleased with it. The cup physics are the biggest win for me, it was probably the most pressing problem with the game and I hope the reason it took several months to fix is cause they wanted to get it right (and making "new tech" would probably add to that). The new green view looks really cool, definitely makes it more realistic for sim players that we'd already know the general green breaks for approach shots instead of blindly guessing or relying on past experience. Adding turn-based stroke play is pretty good for online players, I know that's been wanted from launch. Good stuff all around, though I wish it took less time than this after the Ryder Cup update to get a solid patch.

For the future, I'd like to see some more transparency regarding what the roadmap is for this year. Maybe things aren't quite finalized yet, but as soon as they can I'd like to see confirmation and info for what they plan to do this year i.e. adding 2024 major courses. I feel like their communication has dipped since the Ryder Cup update, even giving us some info on what they're working on for additions and fixes would be nice. I'm glad the cup physics are purportedly getting fixed now, but it wasn't great getting no updates on that apart from one mention in a video they did with TheApexHound back in Aug/Sep.
MLB: Atlanta Braves
Soccer: Southampton and Atlanta United
Old 01-22-2024, 06:11 PM   #5
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
ApexHound video on the patch as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUg03k0JpGA
Apex responded to to a comment about if the 24 majors will make it in, and he responded “I think they will”
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2024, 09:17 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports PGA Tour Patch 11 and Season 10 Arrives Tomorrow - Patch Notes

Not a game changing patch with a lot of content, but there's a lot to like and like MAB said, it's encouraging and even surprising that they are showing signs of staying on top of this. And hopefully this is a sign that they have the budget and interest to keep at it, add new courses, and just continue to tweak and grow the game. I'm willing to pay real money for it as a live service model if what they are doing is worth it.

On the downside, I couldn't care less about EA clothes or any of that lol. I haven't changed any of my outfits or clothing in months, and I try to pick stuff that doesn't have any branding or logos at all, or at least the most subtle stuff like that. And never anything Nike (I won't go into why).

Just make the game better and keep adding courses and improvements to the gameplay.

Last edited by golfnut67; 01-22-2024 at 09:26 PM.
Old 01-23-2024, 12:19 PM   #7
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

Gamer Ability has posted a video with some examples of how the new cup physics look. He said animations do look better with the cup physics, but he still had putts he felt should have dropped but didn't...he also said he needs more time to draw his final conclusions on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9e0lFvrHdE
Old 01-23-2024, 12:36 PM   #8
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

Another thing I noticed...

In the paid Premium Tier of the Pro Pass for this season, there's an actual Titleist hat.

It was odd that for the longest time now, only Titleist visors were available in the game. But at Level 65, there's a black/white Titleist Tour Performance hat.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »