Home

EA Sports PGA Tour Patch 11 and Season 10 Available Today - Patch Notes

This is a discussion on EA Sports PGA Tour Patch 11 and Season 10 Available Today - Patch Notes within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2024, 10:05 AM   #17
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: EA Sports PGA Tour Patch 11 and Season 10 Available Today - Patch Notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRambo
Is the private matches offline only? Still no turn based online?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
You can now do turn-based stroke play matches online, but they can only be done in Private online matches.

There's a "Private Match" option at the bottom of the main menu. In there, there's a "Stroke Play 2-4. Any" option that let's you do a turn-based stroke play match with up to 4 players. These are online matches, but are Private Matches only.

The public modes available in the "Online" menu do not include turn-based stroke play. There's only Simultaneous stroke play matches (as well as match play) in the public lobbies.

Last edited by MrArlingtonBeach; 01-24-2024 at 10:17 AM.
Old 01-24-2024, 10:25 AM   #18
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

Taking a look through the store in-game...and there are lots of new items in here. New adidas and Under Armour polos, ASICS shoes, Bridgestone hats, etc. in the Clothing tab. There are a couple new Callaway and TaylorMade golf balls in the Equipment tab, too.
Old 01-24-2024, 11:52 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3

Still hoping they update gameplay before abandoning the game. Make a new level of difficulty for swing stick (much more sensitive so more errant shots) and at minimum make a higher difficulty level of 3 click (the meter goes so slow!!!).

I want to have a level where shooting par and making cuts is hard instead of being in contention almost every single tournament. Just makes game boring to me and it has been a bit of a dust collector for me.
Old 01-24-2024, 12:01 PM   #20
Pro

Dawgfan1's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
Taking a look through the store in-game...and there are lots of new items in here. New adidas and Under Armour polos, ASICS shoes, Bridgestone hats, etc. in the Clothing tab. There are a couple new Callaway and TaylorMade golf balls in the Equipment tab, too.
The store was having some issues for me yesterday with the display of some items and things I purchased still being shown. Looks like it wasn't initially working as intended, but now on my end at least it's fixed. Only shows items I haven't bought, and when I buy one it gets replaced by another item immediately. The new items look pretty cool!
MLB: Atlanta Braves
Soccer: Southampton and Atlanta United
Old 01-25-2024, 11:01 AM   #21
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

Had my first real post-patch head-scratcher of a cup/ball interaction just now. Was at Torrey Pines playing a casual 18-hole round, and had an uphill 16-foot putt on Hole 4, playing the Sunday pins.

The ball was losing pace as it got to the hole, it moved to the left side of the cup, then it seemed to pick up quite a bit of speed as it lipped out from left to right around the back of the hole. The ball ended up 3 feet away.

It was not as bad as the physics were before the patch, but it still didn't look 100% right. I don't think the ball should have gone into the cup, but it shouldn't have done a slingshot around the hole, picking up speed, and ending up 3 feet away, either.

Last edited by MrArlingtonBeach; 01-25-2024 at 11:08 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2024, 12:12 AM   #22
Pro

OVR: 0

There were a couple of weird cup physics for real at Torrey Pines on the PGA Tour today on my TV screen.

It's been a long time since I've played so much of this game. At least 20 rounds and all the free daily tournaments. Cup physics are night and day now for me. Knock on wood...
Old 01-27-2024, 05:26 PM   #23
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkev
There were a couple of weird cup physics for real at Torrey Pines on the PGA Tour today on my TV screen.

It's been a long time since I've played so much of this game. At least 20 rounds and all the free daily tournaments. Cup physics are night and day now for me. Knock on wood...
Absolutely!

Even with that one moment I mentioned above, the improvement of the cup physics is totally noticable. While the ball went too far from the cup in my example, it acted appropriately in terms of what should happen - ball looping around the edge and off to the right. I think the ball should have stopped maybe a foot away at most, but the actual animation seemed more based on reality than what was happening before...where the ball just teleported over the edge.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »