Home

How do YOU handicap in TW games?

This is a discussion on How do YOU handicap in TW games? within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-23-2012, 11:00 AM   #1
Rookie

8iron's Arena

OVR: 2
How do YOU handicap in TW games?

Sorely missing from any aspect or any mode in TW13 was any nod toward handicaps. Up through 12, the online daily tournaments at least had the tier system, so if you were not someone who shot -24 for an online round, you had more of a chance to have a score within shouting distance of the leader.

I think the TW series needs to introduce a system of some sort, handicaps are an integral part of golf and the math is pretty well established. It seems trivial for a product that goes through so much development and promotion to work out the particulars of implementing a system that would stand up in online play. It would also be a good way to track one's own progress.

Meanwhile, is there any house rule you use to even the field if you want to play with a buddy at a different skill level? When I face my son, we just agree on a set of golfer's we can each choose from. Pretty much I had to use my CAG until I overleveled him or Natalie Gulbis. :-/

I wish there were more tools available, such as being able to use different tees for different players in the match, or a real handicap system so that match play would work properly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2012, 11:17 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: How do YOU handicap in TW games?

I wish I had some great suggestions for you...but I'm in the same boat. I love playing TW against friends but unfortunately I haven't found a way in game to level the field other than by choosing inferior golfers. Me and my roommates will give each other strokes and whatnot to level the game but thats about it.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:49 PM   #3
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: How do YOU handicap in TW games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8iron
When I face my son, we just agree on a set of golfer's we can each choose from.
This a big problem in my house. My son's only 7 so I'm relegated to playing on the easiest setting available to keep it functional for him.

There is a simple solution here that's not available. Each player should be able to set their own difficultly. So my golfer, whichever golfer that may be will be set to "hard" for player 1. Then "easy" for player two where upon my son can select whichever golfer he chooses.

Its not football or basketball where we're playing simultaneously so I would think this could be done.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »