Home

Jack's Record Is Safe

This is a discussion on Jack's Record Is Safe within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2015, 06:29 PM   #9
Rookie

habslover10_GoYanks's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Jack's Record Is Safe

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhslancers
He'd have trouble winning a local teaching pro event right now. His body is breaking down too many swing thoughts and coaches.
Guy's done he ain't got 4 majors left in him not at this age.
I never said right now. Of course hes not going to win like this but i 100% believe he will find his game again.
Old 02-10-2015, 08:01 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 11

He may win 1 or 2 if he is lucky to put together 4 rounds in a major.These young golfers coming out now are very good and very strong. Jack was great in his time when the game had persimmons and blades. Today its grip and rip with big drivers and hybrids. Courses back then you had to use 2 and 3 irons today they take a nine iron and do not care if they get it in the light rough. And now they want to make the holes bigger! Geez golf is going to stink in 10 years!
Old 02-10-2015, 08:34 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by habslover10_GoYanks
I never said right now. Of course hes not going to win like this but i 100% believe he will find his game again.

Woods is an old 39. Hasn't won a major in years and is playing the worst golf by far in his career. I think Nicklaus won his last major at 46 but he hadn't won a major for years before capturing the Masters. He's wild with the driver and the putts aren't falling anymore. Distance control peaked 15 years ago yet he changed his swing and coach. Gentler kinder Tiger can't win.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2015, 09:46 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Tiger won 5 times in 2013. That is more than most PGA players do in a career. Let's keep some perspective at least in that arena. Yes, right now, he doesn't have it - as would any normal human being dealing with physical and mental problems. In 2013 these same nay-sayers crept out and said the exact same thing that is littered amongst social media and forums, and he proved each one of them wrong.

He may not do it this year, but I would never count Tiger Woods out of anything. I always say instead of being one of those nay-sayers, realize that you are watching a living legend - and get psyched for the next time he goes out to prove people wrong. When all is said and done in his career, you can at least say - wow, I lived through that.
Old 02-11-2015, 09:25 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 24

I've never liked Tiger, find him to be a petulant and childish player who is becoming more abrasive as he ages when he should be mellowing. He acted much more mature on the course in his mid 20's than he does now which is rather bizarre. It's supposed to work in reverse. The mini tantrums he throws after any bad shot is getting tiresome. Almost as tiresome as the excuses people use for his behavoir, saying it's due to his intensity which implies every other player on the tour lacks the same intensity because they don't act like a 3 year old out there.

There is no disputing his greatness and talent and the fact that he is an icon of the sport and everybody wants to watch him play (but many like me are more entertained to watch him fail now). People say he is an old 39 physically but he's an old 39 mentally as well. The guy mentally puts himself through the ringer if things don't go his way which in golf happens often and eventually that will wear you out. He tends to lose focus quite easily when that was never an issue 10 years ago.

I think that's the reason he hasn't won the Masters in so long and probably never will again. That course can kill you mentally even if you play well. Tiger has always been complimented for his mental toughness but I think he is one of the weaker minded players on the tour these days. If a shot doesn't go his way then he gets flustered and that affects him for the next few holes and it shows in his poor putting the last few years.

That being said I still think he has one more non-Masters major in him, he won't beat Jack's record but should get several more tourney wins to beat Snead's record. But only if he learns how to relax on the course again and not treat every bad shot like it's armageddon. Once Tiger feels he can't compete at a high level then he'll probably quit altogether and that will most likely be in the next 3 or 4 years. He does not want to be missing cuts every 3rd tournamant. His ego is too big for that.

Last edited by Seymour Scagnetti; 02-11-2015 at 09:43 PM.
Old 02-11-2015, 09:59 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 18

This is a compilation of Nicklaus' Majors record. The decade of the '80's is his record in his forties. Notice the precipitous falloff? I doubt Woods would continue playing too much longer with all the injuries. You can't play top level golf for too long with back problems. It drove Miller to the broadcast booth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Ni..._championships
Old 02-11-2015, 10:19 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
I've never liked Tiger, find him to be a petulant and childish player who is becoming more abrasive as he ages when he should be mellowing. He acted much more mature on the course in his mid 20's than he does now which is rather bizarre. It's supposed to work in reverse. The mini tantrums he throws after any bad shot is getting tiresome. Almost as tiresome as the excuses people use for his behavoir, saying it's due to his intensity which implies every other player on the tour lacks the same intensity because they don't act like a 3 year old out there.

There is no disputing his greatness and talent and the fact that he is an icon of the sport and everybody wants to watch him play (but many like me are more entertained to watch him fail now). People say he is an old 39 physically but he's an old 39 mentally as well. The guy mentally puts himself through the ringer if things don't go his way which in golf happens often and eventually that will wear you out. He tends to lose focus quite easily when that was never an issue 10 years ago.

I think that's the reason he hasn't won the Masters in so long and probably never will again. That course can kill you mentally even if you play well. Tiger has always been complimented for his mental toughness but I think he is one of the weaker minded players on the tour these days. If a shot doesn't go his way then he gets flustered and that affects him for the next few holes and it shows in his poor putting the last few years.

That being said I still think he has one more non-Masters major in him, he won't beat Jack's record but should get several more tourney wins to beat Snead's record. But only if he learns how to relax on the course again and not treat every bad shot like it's armageddon. Once Tiger feels he can't compete at a high level then he'll probably quit altogether and that will most likely be in the next 3 or 4 years. He does not want to be missing cuts every 3rd tournamant. His ego is too big for that.
Honestly, who gives a damn how you feel about someone. You message board jockeys kill me with this stuff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2015, 10:21 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 11

I believe a lot of these long hitters..Rory..Bubba..are going to have back issues. The game rewards the long hitters not so much the precision golfers of yesteryear. These courses are setup that way. It creates more viewers. You will not see another Tiger for along time which really puts Nicklaus so far ahead. And let's not forget back in Nicklaus time they were not counting how many majors you won as compared to now. I think if you had the media and the money behind the amount of majors you won Jack would have probably got more.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »