Home

Career mode 2k21 ?

This is a discussion on Career mode 2k21 ? within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-24-2020, 10:27 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 6
Career mode 2k21 ?

I hear lots of bad things about the career mode in this game. Is it worth getting on pc to play career and are there any fixes ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2020, 10:41 AM   #2
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Career mode 2k21 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by packmanuk
I hear lots of bad things about the career mode in this game. Is it worth getting on pc to play career and are there any fixes ?
The biggest issue I've seen in career mode is the inconsistent AI scores on the leaderboards. They can change from round to round, and even the winner of the event can change from when you're shown the final leaderboard to when go back to the career mode menu. Since leaderboards with AI scores are what you compete against in the mode, I'd say it's a pretty lousy experience.

It seems to happen across all platforms, as I have seen folks on this and other forums experience the same issues using PC, PS4, Xbox, etc. People have tried workarounds, myself included, but to no avail.

My best guess is that it's an issue with the game's servers. Since career mode requires an always active internet connection, I assume all of the details, scores, stats, etc. are housed on the servers. There must be disconnects at times during the process of pulling the info off the servers, causing scores to fluctuate.

Just like you, I was interested in this game because I wanted to play career mode. I think the fact that I now only play single local rounds and create courses says a lot about the quality of career mode.

Last edited by MrArlingtonBeach; 12-24-2020 at 10:47 AM.
Old 12-24-2020, 11:06 AM   #3
MVP

That's a shame because the actual game looks really good.
Old 12-24-2020, 11:46 AM   #4
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

I still hold to my thought that this is the best golf game since Tiger Woods 14.

But as I've played it, it's also true that this might be the most disappointed I've been in a game in a long time, too. So much missed potential, a lack of communication from devs, little bugs and glitches that remove immersion in career mode, etc.

Last edited by MrArlingtonBeach; 12-24-2020 at 12:47 PM.
Old 12-24-2020, 12:05 PM   #5
MVP

Shame I can't get tw 14 to work on an emulator or someone be able to fix and mod the career mode in this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2020, 02:25 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Career Mode makes no sense. The Leaderboards are pure random when you play the first round, leave the game, restart the game, and want to continue play the 2nd round. It seems the Game completely ignores what happened in the 1st round and creates just a random scoreboard instead for the 1st round. This is a joke.

There is no workaround available.
Old 12-24-2020, 03:40 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

I enjoy career mode a lot and I currently am playing one round tournaments. Regardless of how ai players score its still a good challenge and a lot of fun!

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-24-2020, 04:11 PM   #8
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vols
I enjoy career mode a lot and I currently am playing one round tournaments. Regardless of how ai players score its still a good challenge and a lot of fun!

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Operation Sports mobile app
That's fine that you can get enjoyment out of 1 round events, but that isn't really any better for immersion and realism when it comes to a licensed PGA Tour career mode, in my eyes.

I had made the concession that 2 round events would be ok with me, because at least you still have a cut after round 1. Still, it just doesn't feel like a proper PGA event with less than the typical 4 rounds.

And the more rounds you play in career mode in this game, the worse the glitches and oddities become...the spread between scores gets insanely wide. I've seen 20 shots separating 1st and 10th place on a 4 round leaderboard.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »