Home

Relocating the Blue Jackets; A Reset of a Franchise

This is a discussion on Relocating the Blue Jackets; A Reset of a Franchise within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2012, 05:39 PM   #1
BOOM!

gerg1234's Arena

OVR: 15
Relocating the Blue Jackets; A Reset of a Franchise

I'll post all of the technical information when I get home from work.
I will also end up dressing this thread up...but since I am at work I'll get started with a press release:

STANLEY CUP FINAL LEADS NHL INTO AN OFFSEASON OF CHANGE
Less than 24 hours since the New York Rangers defeated the LA Kings in game 6 of the Stanley Cup final, the NHL is looking ahead to a 2012-13 campaign that may not look like the 2011-12 season. Three clubs (Two were in the playoffs) look to be up for sale and as a result may be on the move. We break down the future of these clubs and what it could do to the NHL Landscape.
PHOENIX COYOTES
The Phoenix Coyotes had an extremely successful season, but it may not be enough to keep the franchise in Arizona. The city of Glendale has declined to put up another $25 million to keep the franchise in the Valley of the Sun for another season. Rumors have been floating that a group has looked into purchasing the club and moving it to Quebec City and perhaps bring the rebirth of the Nordiques.
FLORIDA PANTHERS
The Florida Panthers also had a successful campaign, seeing the playoffs for the first time since 2000. Despite this, fan attendance wasn’t as high as many would like to see. A group of investors from Washington are looking at purchasing the Panthers and moving them to Seattle. This group is hoping that an NHL franchise and the promise of an NBA franchise will be enough to get Seattle to help with a new arena. Right now it looks as if it could be a long shot, but it is something to keep an eye on.
COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS
The Columbus Blue Jackets have lost over 80 million dollars since the lockout and have been in the bottom of the NHL in attendance over that time span. The Blue Jackets have interest from construction mogul Greg McLean who has been said to have wanted a sports franchise for some time now. While it is unknown if McLean would keep the team in Ohio, many speculate that he could move the team to his home state of Oregon. Some think that if the Panthers move to Seattle, Hartford or Hamilton could be the destination.
NEW YORK ISLANDERS
The Islanders are the fourth team that is on the relocation radar. Problems with their aging arena, low attendance, and lack of corporate support have pointed the team toward relocating. Some say they would stay on Long Island, while others say Kansas City or even Las Vegas are possibilities.
San Francisco Giants
Chicago Blackhawks
MLS: Portland Timbers
EPL: Liverpool FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2012, 12:09 AM   #2
BOOM!

gerg1234's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Relocating the Blue Jackets; A Reset of a Franchise

I'm going to scrap this....I can tell I'm not going to be able to do this up to the quality I'd like to do.
San Francisco Giants
Chicago Blackhawks
MLS: Portland Timbers
EPL: Liverpool FC

Last edited by gerg1234; 05-03-2012 at 09:05 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »