Home

Reviving A City: An NHL 19 Expansion Dynasty

This is a discussion on Reviving A City: An NHL 19 Expansion Dynasty within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2018, 08:27 AM   #41
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Reviving A City: An NHL 19 Expansion Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickflyers
Nice Franchise! Ottawa leading the Atlantic is a headscratcher though.... Sweet Whalers and Rocket jerseys!
The sim engine is weird at times. Thanks for the feedback and thanks for following along. I appreciate it.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2018, 08:51 AM   #42
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

March 2019 Recap

Monthly record: 4-10-0
Last 10: 2-8-0
Overall record: 28-43-6, 62 pts, 8th Metro, 16th East, 32nd NHL
Overall home: 13-23-4
Overall away: 15-20-2

GFPG: 2.12 (32)
GAPG: 2.87 (24)
PP%: 12.3% (31)
PK%: 81.3% (18)

Leading Scorer(G/A/P): Jean-Gabriel Pageau 13/33/49

March saw us continue to fall down the standings as the team continued to struggle to score and capitalize on its opportunities. Only the Kings have a worse power play percent that we do. We now find ourselves dead last in the standings, but this is no surprise. This will give us great odds of securing the number 1 overall pick. Not a great goal to have, but realistic. Jean-Gabriel Pageau continues to lead the way in scoring for the team with Brett Ritchie being our top goal scorer. Despite a down first year as a team as a whole, our second line has shown some real chemistry.

Ohio sits at 38-21-11, but still at 7th in the North and out of the AHL playoff picture.

Stay tuned for another Prospect Highlight

Thanks for reading!

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 10-19-2018, 11:22 PM   #43
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Prospect Highlight

D Boris Andronov

Our second-round pick from Ukraine, out of the 2018 NHL entry draft, Boris Andronov is an 18-year-old, left-handed defenseman sitting at 6’0” and 180 lbs. He was drafted at 62 overall with a low top 4 D potential. He has progressed to a 64 overall through this point. He is currently on our second defensive line at AHL Ohio and has scored 12 goals and 12 assists for a total of 24 points this season. He is a two-way defender and will help on both offense and defense. He also has 81 penalty minutes. He is a scrapper on the ice and is a frequent fighter. He will be a big force on our defensive lines for years to come. He still needs a few years to develop, but I envision him hitting the NHL ice in the 2021-22 NHL season.

Stay tuned for our End of Season Recap.

Thanks for reading!

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 10-27-2018, 10:20 AM   #44
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

End of 2018-19 Season Recap

April record: 1-4-0
Overall record: 29-47-6, 64 pts, 8th Metro, 16th East, 32nd NHL
Overall home: 13-24-4
Overall away: 16-23-2

GFPG: 2.11 (32)
GAPG: 2.91 (28)
PP%: 12.6% (31)
PK%: 81.4% (19)

Leading Scorer(G/A/P): Jean-Gabriel Pageau 17/35/52

AHL:

Ohio: 39-31-12 (90 pts), 7th North

Despite a solid year, our AHL Rockets missed the playoffs because of the ultra-competitive AHL North Division. Had we been in any other division, we would have been top 3 and in the AHL playoffs.

Standings:

Assessment of Season 1:

The results were close to what I expected. The team started off hot and quickly came back to Earth when the talent and depth of other teams started to show. We had some nice development from some of our young players in the AHL and we had a few solid performances from our NHL players. There were certainly a few that earned contract extensions, when that time comes. We ended the year on a down note with a late season 6 game losing streak. Most of this same group will probably be around for next season, so hopefully we will see some growth from them. All in all, we were an expansion team and it is normal, unless you are the Vegas Golden Knights, to finish at the bottom in your first year(s) of competition. I feel like we can continue phase 1 of our plan and that is to start letting prospects grow in the AHL behind a veteran, but not highly talented team.

Over the course of the offseason, I will unveil my full multi-phase plan to finally bring a Stanley Cup to Hartford and for me personally, my very first!

Stay tuned for player stats!

Thanks for reading!

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 11-14-2018, 09:03 AM   #45
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

2018-19 Whalers Stats

NHL

AHL

Sorry for the delay.

Stay tuned for NHL stats.

Thanks for reading!

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2018, 11:55 PM   #46
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Thank you for the support on this. I lost my data and have decided to step back from dynasty writing for a while. I already lost my Madden 19 data a month ago and actually had to reboot my PS4 over the summer and lost all my progress on most everything. I am taking a break from PS4 gaming as a whole.

Good luck to you all!

Funkycorm

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment

Last edited by Funkycorm; 11-24-2018 at 08:51 AM.
Old 02-28-2019, 09:07 AM   #47
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

So even though this original save was corrupted, I found one of my backup files on the cloud that was not corrupted. Being ecstatic, I started playing it right away. I discovered this because I was going to recreate the Whalers and Ohio Rockets through images that I had and try to re-draft as much of the same expansion draft players. I did not have to recreate thankfully.
Though I will not be doing an in-depth dynasty with them on here, I do want to share my progress as to where I am and update once in a while with my progress.

The goal remains the same. Win the Stanley Cup. Create a lasting dynasty.

For argument and continuity sake, I will make the 2018-19 record the same as the original one I had finished. We still finished in last place. It was close but I had 2 more wins than my original record. My original record is listed below.

I am currently at the end of the 2022-23 season and right before the 2023 NHL entry draft.

Records to date:
2018-19: 29-47-6, 64 pts, 8th Metro, 16th East, 32nd NHL, Rebuilder
2019-20: 31-43-8, 70 pts, 8th Metro, 16th East, 30th NHL, Rebuilder
2020-21: 34-38-10, 78 pts, 7th Metro, 13th East, 26th NHL, Rebuilder
2021-22: 34-39-9, 77 pts, 8th Metro, 16th East, 32nd NHL, Rebuilder
2022-23: 31-41-10, 72 pts, 7th Metro, 14th East, 29th, NHL, Rebuilder

Stanley Cup Results:
2018-19: Edmonton 4, Florida 0
2019-20: Winnipeg 4, Toronto 3
2020-21: St. Louis 4, Buffalo 3
2021-22: St. Louis 4, Washington 2
2022-23: Chicago 4, Washington 2

The Western Conference has dominated the Stanley Cup the last 5 years.

During the 2022 offseason, I made 2 big trades to help secure my future.
The first trade sent a freshly drafted low elite 59 overall 18-year-old defenseman to the Coyotes for a 2023 and a 2024 1st round picks. The Coyotes are near contention at this point and need a future replacement on their first line defense.

The second trade sent a low elite 60 overall 19-year-old goalie to the Red Wings for a 2023 1st, 2024 2nd, and 2025 3rd round picks. The Redwings needed a goalie of the future and I already have 2 low elite overall goalies sitting on my AHL team.

A third trade at the 2023 deadline was offered to me and I accepted. I had signed Tyson Barrie to a 4 year deal to help boost my defense after my first season, and he was in the last year of the deal. We traded him, a 2023 3rd and 4th to Dallas for 2023 and 2024 1st round picks.

Even though we give up 2 decent picks this year, we got 2 1st rounders to boot. The Stars were in a playoff race and once again down a defenseman. The Stars ended up missing the playoffs by 1 point, so the pick for 2023 will be a lottery pick.

To this point, I have yet to procure the number 1 overall pick, but have had some solid draft picks over the last several years. A few are key contributors with some more coming up in our AHL system.

This means that we currently have four 1st round picks, and one 2nd round pick going into the 2023 NHL draft that all of our scouts are saying is a good draft. We still have yet to earn the number 1 pick. We ended in 6th in the draft lottery. Even though we didn’t get the top pick, we have enough draft capital the next few seasons to move up and get who we want.

The 4 picks we have in round 1 are: 6, 11, 15, 29

I traded pick 6, a top G low elite 60 overall prospect, and 2 more picks to San Jose for pick 2 and their 2024 1st round pick.

I know this wasn’t a huge update, but I only thought about sharing it just very recently. I will update once in a while as my ultimate goal is to finally win a Stanley Cup. I want to share my journey to the ultimate prize.

Thanks for reading!

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 02-28-2019, 06:57 PM   #48
Pro

SeattleBattleCat's Arena

Welcome back! Good luck, go get that Cup.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »