Home

Believe in One Goal | The Return of Tazer19 and the Hawks

This is a discussion on Believe in One Goal | The Return of Tazer19 and the Hawks within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2018, 11:39 PM   #1
MVP

Tazer19's Arena

OVR: 17
Believe in One Goal | The Return of Tazer19 and the Hawks

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2018, 05:45 PM   #2
MVP

Tazer19's Arena

Re: Believe in One Goal | The Return of Tazer19 and the Hawks

|Chicago|

The Hawks marketing department was on full display ahead of the 2018-2019 season reassuring the masses that the team has no excuse for missing the playoffs, and the expectation is to return to glory....

They might as well said "Do you Believe in Miracles?"... but that slogan is taken #USA #USA

The challenge in front of the Hawks is expansive, the money situation still isn't great, the core for the most part can be considered aging, almost rotten (get it)? How does it get better? How can they overcome such a challenge? Well, the believe in One Goal tag is a good start, they need to focus on the small things like making the playoffs which is a stark departure from an organization that put three banners in the rafters since 2009, but a necessary one.

But what does that really do for the Hawks? Making the playoffs is the goal, great, but what about the year after that, or the year after? This team is facing an identity crises, maybe even a mid-life one, and needs to figure out a way to keep the paying public happy but also focus on the bigger picture which is returning to a team that is a contender year after year.

Believe in One Goal indeed, fix the franchise.

Welcome to Tazer19's Chicago Blackhawks DYNASTY.
Old 11-13-2018, 08:10 PM   #3
Pro

SeattleBattleCat's Arena

OVR: 0

Great intro, looking forward to this. Blackhawks would make for an interesting franchise with plenty of challenge. Best of luck ahead
Old 11-13-2018, 10:47 PM   #4
MVP

Tazer19's Arena

|It starts with the captain|

It's something that has never really needed questioning, but coming off one of, if not the worst season of his career, Jonathan Toews is in the spotlight, or at least his effort is. The Captain has never really been one to desire the spotlight since he came into the NHL 10 years ago but winning usually brings it, it might actually be brighter when you're losing.

If the Hawks are going anywhere this year it start with number 19, they not only need his world class, selke winning defensive effort, but they need him on the score sheet. "The reality is, with the way this team is built, I need to be visible not only on the ice, but in the box score," Toews said at media day. "I know what I'm capable of, and I've been able to do it for so long, this is a challenge I can't say I've ever had to deal with, but it's here, and I'm ready for it." Toews is saying all the right things, but it remains to be seen if the 29 year old, due to make $12MM this year, can make it happen on the ice.

A major story line to follow will be the one surrounding Toews. He is the most successful captain in the history of this organ-I-zation, and now at the most important point of the last decade can he revive it... he better hold up his end of the bargain, or who knows what might happen.
Old 11-21-2018, 11:53 PM   #5
MVP

Tazer19's Arena

and.... here.... we....go!

Welcome to "Believe in One Goal" | The Return of Tazer19 and the Hawks.

Strap in folks, if you've read through these before you know what to expect, if you haven't, welcome to the show.

Enjoy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2018, 10:52 AM   #6
Pro

Balrog's Arena

OVR: 14

I will always follow one of your dynasties Tazer. This should be good....even a Chicago one. haha
Old 11-22-2018, 11:31 AM   #7
Rookie

m1a2lt's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balrog
I will always follow one of your dynasties Tazer. This should be good....even a Chicago one. haha
Though this will make me throw up a little in my mouth, looks like a good franchise. I will be following...
Old 11-23-2018, 12:08 AM   #8
MVP

Tazer19's Arena

The preseason is upon us! Sure, it's not very exciting for many, but the preseason presents a great opportunity for a few guys to win a job and contribute. Guys to keep an eye on are Ejdsell, Sikura, and Jokiharju, all three guys are young but have a very high upside. Will the Hawks pull the trigger and start the season with them? A good preseason could go a long way towards deciding their fate, regardless, these three guys will get plenty of press this year.

Drop the puck.

This is how the majority of the preseason will be played, but it's a fluid situation, obviously.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »