Home

Anyone having issues with the EA app launching?

This is a discussion on Anyone having issues with the EA app launching? within the Madden NFL Football PC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2023, 07:15 PM   #1
MVP

Gritblitzer's Arena

OVR: 1
Anyone having issues with the EA app launching?

I purchased Madden 24 through steam (I like having all my game library in one place as much as I can) and when I click play on Steam, it STILL needs to launch the EA app (for whatever dumb reason). Unfortunately about 50% of the time the EA app either doesn't launch, or it does launch and just loads absolutely nothing - which, in turn, keeps the game from launching.

The only fix I've had for this is that when it happens I need to completely restart my PC. I'm not sure why it's doing this. I've had zero issue on any other games. Then again, I've never really had to use this EA app either....

Any suggestions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2023, 11:30 PM   #2
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Anyone having issues with the EA app launching?

I'm having a similar issue on mine. I bought mine through EA App however so Steam is not part of the issue. When I launce EA App, it almost always appears briefly, then get's minimized to the task bar and simultaneously the little icon appears down by the clock. I click on either and it appears back on the screen. I have 3 previous Maddens, PGA Tour and a couple star wars games. They usually appear on the left where it says "library". Since I got Madden 24, half the time when it loads, the libray section is empty. I go to store and find Madden 24 and it says, in library. I then click on it and it takes me to my empty library....again.

Usually, about this time, a banner pops up across the top of EA play that says, "things are taking longer to load than expected...." and I can close this message but nothing happens. I try everything I can think of but reboot is the only thing that fixes it for me as well. So far, every time it has worked after a reboot thank goodness.

I should point out this only happens on my Windows 10 gaming PC with AMD Ryzen. My workstation and laptop with Intel processors never do this. Not sure if that has anything to do with it but let me know if yours is an AMD as well.
Old 08-24-2023, 09:28 AM   #3
MVP

Gritblitzer's Arena

Interesting! Thats exactly whats happening to me down to the detail. I too am on an AMD Ryzen.
Old 08-25-2023, 08:11 AM   #4
Rookie

Ragnar84's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
I'm having a similar issue on mine. I bought mine through EA App however so Steam is not part of the issue. When I launce EA App, it almost always appears briefly, then get's minimized to the task bar and simultaneously the little icon appears down by the clock. I click on either and it appears back on the screen. I have 3 previous Maddens, PGA Tour and a couple star wars games. They usually appear on the left where it says "library". Since I got Madden 24, half the time when it loads, the libray section is empty. I go to store and find Madden 24 and it says, in library. I then click on it and it takes me to my empty library....again.

Usually, about this time, a banner pops up across the top of EA play that says, "things are taking longer to load than expected...." and I can close this message but nothing happens. I try everything I can think of but reboot is the only thing that fixes it for me as well. So far, every time it has worked after a reboot thank goodness.

I should point out this only happens on my Windows 10 gaming PC with AMD Ryzen. My workstation and laptop with Intel processors never do this. Not sure if that has anything to do with it but let me know if yours is an AMD as well.
Same, the game launches but the EA APP is unstable and doesn’t open up when clicked on. I usually need to close it out in the task manager then try again.
Old 08-25-2023, 11:51 AM   #5
MVP

icicle22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar84
Same, the game launches but the EA APP is unstable and doesn’t open up when clicked on. I usually need to close it out in the task manager then try again.
To be clear, the app itself does weird things when launching on all 3 of my computers....meaning it starts and minimizes itself. However, the 2 intel machines always show my library when I click on the taskbar to restore the windows. The AMD machine seems to see my library as empty and I cannot start any of my games. I can browse the store and see games that I have and it say's "in your library" and I click it but it takes me to my empty library yet again.

I have killed it with task manager and relaunched. No bueno. I tried to uninstall it but it just hung during the uninstall process. It is no longer listed in my add/remove programs but it is still clearly installed. I downloaded the installer but when I launch it, it just tells me it's already installed. I purged the EA cache from within the app, signed out and and signed back on. Nothing fixes it.

But like I said, so far when this happens (which seems to be everytime I start it up after powering on PC) a reboot fixes it. It's annoying to say the least.

I guess I should ask if you guys bought Madden 24 outright or if it's EA Play PRO? I have mine on EA PLay PRo initially for trying it out but I intend to buy it. Just wondering if EA Play Pro could be part of the problem?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2023, 04:53 PM   #6
MVP

Gritblitzer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
To be clear, the app itself does weird things when launching on all 3 of my computers....meaning it starts and minimizes itself. However, the 2 intel machines always show my library when I click on the taskbar to restore the windows. The AMD machine seems to see my library as empty and I cannot start any of my games. I can browse the store and see games that I have and it say's "in your library" and I click it but it takes me to my empty library yet again.

I have killed it with task manager and relaunched. No bueno. I tried to uninstall it but it just hung during the uninstall process. It is no longer listed in my add/remove programs but it is still clearly installed. I downloaded the installer but when I launch it, it just tells me it's already installed. I purged the EA cache from within the app, signed out and and signed back on. Nothing fixes it.

But like I said, so far when this happens (which seems to be everytime I start it up after powering on PC) a reboot fixes it. It's annoying to say the least.

I guess I should ask if you guys bought Madden 24 outright or if it's EA Play PRO? I have mine on EA PLay PRo initially for trying it out but I intend to buy it. Just wondering if EA Play Pro could be part of the problem?
I purchased it outright on STEAM. I guess it's got to just be the EA app itself. I'd like to say this is surprising but, well, it's not I guess. Ugh.
Old 08-25-2023, 08:20 PM   #7
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gritblitzer
I purchased it outright on STEAM. I guess it's got to just be the EA app itself. I'd like to say this is surprising but, well, it's not I guess. Ugh.
I hate the EA app since it became that. It's terrible! Whenever new games come out I always have problems downloading. Never had a problem when it was Origin. I too one year wanted to bypass EA's app and bought it on Steam. When it still had to run through EA I was like ugh.
Old 08-28-2023, 12:17 PM   #8
MVP

icicle22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJin2011tm
I hate the EA app since it became that. It's terrible! Whenever new games come out I always have problems downloading. Never had a problem when it was Origin. I too one year wanted to bypass EA's app and bought it on Steam. When it still had to run through EA I was like ugh.
I thought you still needed the EA App even if you bought it through steam? Is that not the case?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »