Home

Are there playbook mods? Has anyone been able to add plays/playbooks form NCAA 2014?

This is a discussion on Are there playbook mods? Has anyone been able to add plays/playbooks form NCAA 2014? within the Madden NFL Football PC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2019, 12:18 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
Are there playbook mods? Has anyone been able to add plays/playbooks form NCAA 2014?

I'd like to run the flexbone or the old school wishbone/Tom Osborne type offense. All these NCAA mods are nice, but without the cool stuff that makes NCAA unique it's a bit of a waste. Are there any mods out there with these functions built in?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2019, 12:48 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Are there playbook mods? Has anyone been able to add plays/playbooks form NCAA 2

Yes we can mod the playbooks there is the Playbook Editor on the CFBM discord and footballidiots website. We cannot make a triple option play with the QB under center we just don’t have the proper animation for it. I have made a speed option out of the wishbone and flexbone though and it doesn’t work as good going left. We cannot add plays and formations from scratch I tried and couldn’t get it to work but we can edit the formations and plays that are available in the custom playbook data base.
Old 11-21-2019, 12:53 PM   #3
MVP

Re: Are there playbook mods? Has anyone been able to add plays/playbooks form NCAA 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty1011
Yes we can mod the playbooks there is the Playbook Editor on the CFBM discord and footballidiots website. We cannot make a triple option play with the QB under center we just don’t have the proper animation for it. I have made a speed option out of the wishbone and flexbone though and it doesn’t work as good going left. We cannot add plays and formations from scratch I tried and couldn’t get it to work but we can edit the formations and plays that are available in the custom playbook data base.

That's good but somewhat dissapointing. Either way I'm thinking I need to move over to the PC side of things. I keep hearing how modders have perfected the game.
Old 11-21-2019, 02:27 PM   #4
Rookie

Handoffs whether its runs, PA, Jet Touch Pass, or RPO’s are limited we can usually only move the receiving back out of their original position about 1 yard. If it’s more than that the handoff will fail. But drop back pass plays are essentially unlimited you can do about anything you want.
Old 01-04-2020, 02:30 AM   #5
Just started!

OVR: 0

How would one go about creating a playbook of plays with custom plays inside of them?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2020, 01:23 PM   #6
Rookie

We edit existing plays and formations.

Download the Playbook Editor either from here:
https://footballidiot.com/forum/view...?f=115&t=21838
or on the discord under playbook mods:
https://discord.gg/ZpfVsz3
And read the basic instructions

You can also search on the discord some of the information is there I’ve walked some through how to do it and others have walked people through it as well. Get familiar with everything then post any questions you have.
Old 01-29-2020, 05:33 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Just to update:

- You can add your own formations and make your own plays, to an extent. Find us on the discord though, it's a lot easier to explain there!
Old 03-03-2021, 09:10 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConditionZeroOne
Just to update:

- You can add your own formations and make your own plays, to an extent. Find us on the discord though, it's a lot easier to explain there!
Bump for a few questions

1 is this still relevant for 2021
2 are we able to build custom playbooks? I really want to mix in plays from the special playbooks like west coast and run and shoot etc, into other playbooks
3 how does discord work exactly, I know I need an invite or something. Can you message it to me?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »