Home

Madden 17 Rookie Ratings Community Correlation Project: Any Help Needed (Easy)

This is a discussion on Madden 17 Rookie Ratings Community Correlation Project: Any Help Needed (Easy) within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2016, 01:03 PM   #1
Rookie

zacification1's Arena

OVR: 0

I would consider it a "project", but work involved is quite minimal. Here's the proposition:

YOU, reading this thread, in order to substantially benefit Madden roster creators, can assist in creating a statistical analysis of Madden player's ratings correlation to real-life combine scores, therefore making rating players much easier. This will NOT, I repeat, WILL NOT, be for every player on the roster. ONLY 2016 DRAFT ROOKIES, ONLY 2016 DRAFT ROOKIES!!!

This community project will be so unconcievably helpful to roster creators. Given the data, a regression line can be created (stronger r value = better) to discover the correlation between in-game ratings and combine scores. The end goal being, that we work as a community to help the people who spend days creating custom rosters by giving them an EXACT ratings scale to work with. (And, we can say that we are more consistent than EA in rating rookies. )

So here is how you can contribute: Obviously, the goal is to make 5 regression lines to give an exact ratings scale to use when rating players based on combine ratings. There will be 5 pieces of data needed, and the correlation goes as follows:

40 yard dash ----- Speed
225 lb. Bench Press Reps ----- Strength
Vertical Jump (inches) ----- Jumping
3-Cone Drill ----- Agility
20 yard Shuttle ----- Acceleration

So yes, 5 graphs will be created for giving 5 ratings based on combine numbers. So, the average roster creator, when rating a rookie based on combine numbers, can plug in the combine score and recieve the Madden rating. This achieves the utmost of consistency when rating players, therefore helping creators tremendously. How YOU can contribute data is by doing the following:

A) Inform me of what team's 2016 rookies you will be providing data for. A thread reply is ideal.

B) Copy/Paste the following...

Speed :
Strength :
Jumping :
Agility :
Acceleration :

... and provide data for each rookie of your selected team, make sure to label data. EXAMPLE

Indianapolis Colts

Speed : 4.47 sec, 93
Strength : 29 reps, 82
Jumping : 36", 91
Agility : 7.10 sec, 90
Acceleration : 4.9 sec, 82

Speed : 5.12 sec, 66
Strength : 35 reps, 94
Jumping : 2", 13
Agility : 8.23 sec, 62
Acceleration : 5.3 sec, 58

etc. etc. etc. For every rookie in the class.

Again, you can pick any team(s) that you would like. I appreciate ANY help, and I'm sure roster creators will as well. Thank you so much!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2016, 02:46 PM   #2
Rookie

zacification1's Arena

EDIT (8/5/16): Spreadsheet completed, ready for input. I'll be getting the game late, so the correlations must wait, considering that it looks like I'll be going it solo.
Old 08-05-2016, 05:24 PM   #3
Pro

chunt04's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden 17 Rookie Ratings Community Correlation Project: Any Help Needed (Easy)

I would be willing to help with this. They've released the player ratings page that can be referenced for ratings info. What website do you suggest for combine numbers? Have any thoughts?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

VT Grad '08
Old 08-05-2016, 06:59 PM   #4
Rookie

zacification1's Arena

Re: Madden 17 Rookie Ratings Community Correlation Project: Any Help Needed (Easy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunt04
I would be willing to help with this. They've released the player ratings page that can be referenced for ratings info. What website do you suggest for combine numbers? Have any thoughts?
Hey! Glad to see this has generated even the slightest interest. I've been working on it today, and I have all the Combine Numbers entered for every player, and Madden Attributes for those on offense. Once I enter the Madden ratings for the defense, I can get the statistics. It'll be in a new thread, this one was just to garner interest reative to helping with the project.

But as I said, I have all combine numbers in the spreadsheet, top 3 websites being NFL.com, PFF, and NFLDraftScout. All I need now is the Madden ratings. I'll PM you with more details, as the project has changed slightly since I began undertaking it solo.
Old 08-07-2016, 09:28 PM   #5
Rookie

zacification1's Arena

EDIT/UPDATE: Glad to say I have all Madden ratings into the spreadsheet with the combine numbers. Mathematically, every X,Y coordinate is now available to me. I'll finish up the project by calculating the five regression lines and tables, and post it in a separate thread where the completed project can be displayed, as this thread was for recruitment. It can be locked/closed now.

New England Patriots
Boston College Eagles
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »