Home

Salaries in Madden 18 Rosters

This is a discussion on Salaries in Madden 18 Rosters within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2017, 01:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Salaries in Madden 18 Rosters

Does anyone know how salaries are calculated? Is it a portion of cap hit, bonus, etc?

Looking to figure out how salaries are calculated in Madden 18 rosters. Our large CFM runs into issues with excessive cap numbers or CPU not paying what the market would dictate etc. (Example Matthew Stafford resigns for 4 years 64 million... Reports are that he should get 6 years 126+ million)

I am thinking of editing majority of the salaries as a part of a roster set prior to starting our CFM.

Derek Carr on Madden 18 is:

Years Left: 6
Tot Salary: $98.50
Cap Hit: $15.11
Tot Bonus: $12.50

and according to Sport Trac
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/oakland-r...ek-carr-14445/

6 years $125 Million

Some are in line with what the cap hit (Cousins Franchise Tag Cap Hit is accurate for Redskins).... All teams should not be starting with 30 million in cap space at the beginning of CFM.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2017, 08:32 PM   #2
Rookie

rplatypus's Arena

Re: Salaries in Madden 18 Rosters

Are the salaries off for many players or is it mainly just for players that signed an extension in the past couple of months?
Old 08-22-2017, 08:37 PM   #3
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fershizzle42
Does anyone know how salaries are calculated? Is it a portion of cap hit, bonus, etc?

Looking to figure out how salaries are calculated in Madden 18 rosters. Our large CFM runs into issues with excessive cap numbers or CPU not paying what the market would dictate etc. (Example Matthew Stafford resigns for 4 years 64 million... Reports are that he should get 6 years 126+ million)

I am thinking of editing majority of the salaries as a part of a roster set prior to starting our CFM.

Derek Carr on Madden 18 is:

Years Left: 6
Tot Salary: $98.50
Cap Hit: $15.11
Tot Bonus: $12.50

and according to Sport Trac
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/oakland-r...ek-carr-14445/

6 years $125 Million

Some are in line with what the cap hit (Cousins Franchise Tag Cap Hit is accurate for Redskins).... All teams should not be starting with 30 million in cap space at the beginning of CFM.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/

Thoughts?
it always been like this i think kane explain why a few moths ago
Old 08-22-2017, 08:50 PM   #4
Rookie

rplatypus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerwoods
it always been like this i think kane explain why a few moths ago
The contract totals were generally correct. The bonuses and per year salaries were always set up that way (A 5 year contract with 4 years of the same salary and about a 50% increase in the final year). For instance Cam Newton's total salary of $118 million and Ben Roethlisberger's total salary of $99 million are correct on M17. Carr's contract from what the OP is showing is much more off then what has been the standard.

Last edited by rplatypus; 08-22-2017 at 08:52 PM.
Old 08-23-2017, 06:53 PM   #5
Rookie

Thanks for the insight into it. I have been researching online and have yet to find anything about how salaries are calculated on Madden. If anyone has a link or something that they could pass on that would be great.

I am worried that salaries are off on majority of teams:

I just went through and edited all Chicago Bears salaries and I plan on doing this with all teams prior to starting our CFM.

Chicago Bears went from with the current preseason roster: $ 43.1 Million
to $9.6 Million

I used sportstrac to edit salaries that were way off etc
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2017, 08:47 AM   #6
Rookie

One thing I noticed in M17 was that the stock contracts did not correctly account for guaranteed money/cut penalties. M17 used the signing bonus to calculate cut penalties, but did not roll the guaranteed money into the signing bonus. I can't remember a specific example but here's a hypothetical:

Player A's real life contract:
4 Years
$40 million ($15 million guaranteed)
$5 million signing bonus.

Therefore, $20 million dollars of the contract is guaranteed to the player. An immediate cut on day one of that contract should result in a cap penalty of $20 million (spread across multiple years).

However in M17 the same contract would be done this way:
4 years
$40 million salary
$5 million signing bonus

The total money involved is correct, and it looks right because the game signing bonus matches the real signing bonus and the total salary figures match, but in the Madden version cutting this player will only create a penalty of $5 million (spread across multiple years). It was far too easy to cut these players because the guaranteed money is unaccounted for.

Personally, I adjusted the contracts on my team in CFM to fix this (though I didn't have the patience to do all 32). To use the same hypothetical contract:

4 years
$25 million salary
$20 million signing bonus

Obviously a $20 million signing bonus sounds high, but it's just to stand-in for guaranteed money. This player in Madden would incur a similar cut penalty to real life (though not usually exact, due to how Madden calculates the penalties - but way way closer than before).

I know this doesn't exactly address your issue about there being too much cap room, but it does highlight how unrealistic roster management could be achieved in Madden due to the contract details.

Last edited by Jimbo12308; 08-25-2017 at 08:50 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »