Home

A few questions for classic roster guys.

This is a discussion on A few questions for classic roster guys. within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2019, 03:33 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
A few questions for classic roster guys.

I just got Madden 20 on the cheap.
I completed recently a roster and accurate run/pass ratio, custom playbooks on Madden 17, for year 1999. I made so many ratings edits that really smarten up the players AI. Blocking is great with running backs on blitzes, receivers downfield for runs, etc.

Key is to edit player Recoginition, and other things. Madden 17 let us give computer custom playbooks. Madden 17 had great engine for simulation stats. Madden 17 has best tackling physics of next gen, imo.

So, for me it is hard to leave Madden 17. I honestly got Madden 20, just to recreate Percussions 1988 roster (ages, overalls, names, ratings) on Madden 17. I trust only his work, cause it has proven legit.

So, my questions are these:

*can We use controller work-around in CFM ?

*how bad are simulation stats in CFM ?

*any fumbles in CFM sim stats?

*how bad is tackling ?

*any pro-form, far, or near formations in the game ?

*Mr. Percussion: Do you plan on creating another roster, and how accurate are the rosters put out by Mr. Soundwave ?

Thank You

Last edited by Great Whale; 12-01-2019 at 03:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2019, 04:37 PM   #2
MVP

Re: A few questions for classic roster guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Whale
I just got Madden 20 on the cheap.
I completed recently a roster and accurate run/pass ratio, custom playbooks on Madden 17, for year 1999. I made so many ratings edits that really smarten up the players AI. Blocking is great with running backs on blitzes, receivers downfield for runs, etc.

Key is to edit player Recoginition, and other things. Madden 17 let us give computer custom playbooks. Madden 17 had great engine for simulation stats. Madden 17 has best tackling physics of next gen, imo.

So, for me it is hard to leave Madden 17. I honestly got Madden 20, just to recreate Percussions 1988 roster (ages, overalls, names, ratings) on Madden 17. I trust only his work, cause it has proven legit.

So, my questions are these:

*can We use controller work-around in CFM ?

*how bad are simulation stats in CFM ?

*any fumbles in CFM sim stats?

*how bad is tackling ?

*any pro-form, far, or near formations in the game ?

*Mr. Percussion: Do you plan on creating another roster, and how accurate are the rosters put out by Mr. Soundwave ?

Thank You
Thanks for the kind words on my work. I appreciate it.

To answer you questions:
Using the controller work around: If you are talking about custom playbooks, it does not look like that is working from what I have gathered. I have not confirmed it though. You can use the in game playbooks assigned to each team if you create each coach, and then you can control uniforms, but you have to put the controller back in the middle before starting the game.

Sim stats: As typical with Madden, some are good, some are not so good. The biggest issue is with the QBs. No matter how low you make the ratings, the completion percentage, TDs and INTS are going to be off for classic rosters. More so than in previous years. I have tried lowering awareness and all of the accuracies, as well as throw under pressure and the results have not been good and had too big of a negative impact on played games. So, I personally have stuck with my normal formulas and stayed out of franchise mostly. Running back numbers are not too bad overall. Sacks are solids, not enough INTs though. Receivers are decent overall and with my edits, TEs are pretty good. Also, the weekly sim engine results in too few plays overall for the season.

Fumbles in Sim stats: Simply put, not enough fumbles without a big edit to CAR rating, which causes problems in played games.

Tackling: I personally think this is solid. Overall, I really like the way the game plays.

Formations: All of those you mentioned are missing.

Do I plan on making any other rosters: Yes, probably. I am currently working on one, but it is moving slowly and I have not mentioned it here really in case I do not finish it. I actually have a couple in mind if I can make the time to get them finished. However, I am not sure how franchise friendly I will make them. I have pretty much given up on that mode at this point. One the rosters I would like to make would simply not work in franchise mode anyway.

Soundwave's rosters: He does good work. I have not played too many games with his rosters, but there is good attention to detail. It looks like his ratings are more in line with default Madden, which for those wanting to extend the life of the roster in franchise mode is a positive. However, it is different than my rating system. That is not good or bad, it is just a matter of preference.

Hope that helps
Old 12-01-2019, 04:58 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
Thanks for the kind words on my work. I appreciate it.

To answer you questions:
Using the controller work around: If you are talking about custom playbooks, it does not look like that is working from what I have gathered. I have not confirmed it though. You can use the in game playbooks assigned to each team if you create each coach, and then you can control uniforms, but you have to put the controller back in the middle before starting the game.

Sim stats: As typical with Madden, some are good, some are not so good. The biggest issue is with the QBs. No matter how low you make the ratings, the completion percentage, TDs and INTS are going to be off for classic rosters. More so than in previous years. I have tried lowering awareness and all of the accuracies, as well as throw under pressure and the results have not been good and had too big of a negative impact on played games. So, I personally have stuck with my normal formulas and stayed out of franchise mostly. Running back numbers are not too bad overall. Sacks are solids, not enough INTs though. Receivers are decent overall and with my edits, TEs are pretty good. Also, the weekly sim engine results in too few plays overall for the season.

Fumbles in Sim stats: Simply put, not enough fumbles without a big edit to CAR rating, which causes problems in played games.

Tackling: I personally think this is solid. Overall, I really like the way the game plays.

Formations: All of those you mentioned are missing.

Do I plan on making any other rosters: Yes, probably. I am currently working on one, but it is moving slowly and I have not mentioned it here really in case I do not finish it. I actually have a couple in mind if I can make the time to get them finished. However, I am not sure how franchise friendly I will make them. I have pretty much given up on that mode at this point. One the rosters I would like to make would simply not work in franchise mode anyway.

Soundwave's rosters: He does good work. I have not played too many games with his rosters, but there is good attention to detail. It looks like his ratings are more in line with default Madden, which for those wanting to extend the life of the roster in franchise mode is a positive. However, it is different than my rating system. That is not good or bad, it is just a matter of preference.

Hope that helps
Thank you for your response.
If I may ask: The roster you are working on, is it a year that you have never done before ?
With the perks of Madden 17 for classic rosters, I am likely forced to create only rosters on that game, for PS-4.

If that be the case, I will probably use the 1999 as a base to match ages and overalls. Your work is so good, that I may re-create rosters from Madden 15, 16, 28, 19 and 20, all on Madden 17.

Re-do all QB's, and tweak the top guys. If you still have Madden 17, download the 1999 Roster I posted this week. Check the scales I implemented, and the sim stats are incredible.

If you want any help on rosters for 20, please let me know. I understand why it can be best to just fly solo. Heck, you may be could return to Madden 17, as the base I provide is the most thorough base for classic rosters.
Old 12-01-2019, 09:10 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Whale
Thank you for your response.
If I may ask: The roster you are working on, is it a year that you have never done before ?
With the perks of Madden 17 for classic rosters, I am likely forced to create only rosters on that game, for PS-4.

If that be the case, I will probably use the 1999 as a base to match ages and overalls. Your work is so good, that I may re-create rosters from Madden 15, 16, 28, 19 and 20, all on Madden 17.

Re-do all QB's, and tweak the top guys. If you still have Madden 17, download the 1999 Roster I posted this week. Check the scales I implemented, and the sim stats are incredible.

If you want any help on rosters for 20, please let me know. I understand why it can be best to just fly solo. Heck, you may be could return to Madden 17, as the base I provide is the most thorough base for classic rosters.
The roster I am working on is 1991, I have not done it before, except for personal use on M12.

I still have M17, the disc anyway. I deleted the game off the hard drive a long time ago. I might put it on at some point and check out your 1999 roster.

I really like M20 in terms of gameplay. I truly believe it is the best Madden. It is not without problems of course, but the onfield experience is pretty good. I have made some good custom playbooks for use in Play Now and it makes for a great game. Franchise mode is still not what I want, so as much as I would like to use it, I simply cannot. That has been the case now for many years. The last Madden I really enjoyed franchise mode was M12!
Old 12-01-2019, 09:46 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
The roster I am working on is 1991, I have not done it before, except for personal use on M12.

I still have M17, the disc anyway. I deleted the game off the hard drive a long time ago. I might put it on at some point and check out your 1999 roster.

I really like M20 in terms of gameplay. I truly believe it is the best Madden. It is not without problems of course, but the onfield experience is pretty good. I have made some good custom playbooks for use in Play Now and it makes for a great game. Franchise mode is still not what I want, so as much as I would like to use it, I simply cannot. That has been the case now for many years. The last Madden I really enjoyed franchise mode was M12!

Thank you for your feedback.
1991 was on Madden 17, started by John E Kool, and finished by another fella. Not sure about ratings and age/yrs. pro, how accurate they are too your sets.

I am looking for 1990-1991, cause that is my/our 1st Madden on snes system. I see JohnEKool has a 1990 set on Madden 16. Again, not sure how accurate his work is.

Your work ... the best put there - Bar None.
After completing the base for 1999 on Madden 17, creating the years is much, Much easier to do. The fact you give us playbook directions, with run/pass ratios make it great.

I also put a bunch of custom playbooks in Madden 17 vault. Still need to finish run and shoot and Qb run books. I followed EA pattern for plays per situation, and stars allotted. Adjusted from balanced book for run vs pass. Even got books that split carries. Recreates all team offensive play types.

Madden 17 with no patches, disc version, out of the box, is the only way I play. The custom books and Sim stats will keep me on Madden 17. All that is missing to me is shiny graphics.

I think what I Will do is start putting your Madden 16, 1986 Roster on Madden 17, just like I did with our 1999. Then, will wait for your 1991 roster on Madden 20. How much progress have you made ?

I will also probably use "Madden weebly" for a 2000s' era roster. Want to have a decent gap of years between rosters.

Btw, remember JohnEKools, 1983 roster on Madden 15 ? Was wondering how accurate the ages + ratings are on that set.

Hope ur good.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »