Home

Week 1 roster- help!

This is a discussion on Week 1 roster- help! within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2020, 09:08 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Week 1 roster- help!

I’m looking for a good week 1 roster to use for my franchise. I’ve searched in the community files on the game but each time I download a roster that says it’s EAs week 1 unaltered roster it has players injured that were not injured at the beginning of the season. Help??

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2020, 09:38 AM   #2
Rookie

StayODD's Arena

Re: Week 1 roster- help!

Madden made a move this year that any players they want to move to IR is across the entire platform not individual rosters. I know in play now you can just put those players in the depth chart and you will see them play, obviously I think it is different in Franchise but worth a shot. Outside of that it is just choosing to turn off pre existing injuries and go from there.

MADDEN 21 ROSTERS

DONATIONS VIA PAYPAL
Old 12-01-2020, 08:12 PM   #3
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjhawk03
I’m looking for a good week 1 roster to use for my franchise. I’ve searched in the community files on the game but each time I download a roster that says it’s EAs week 1 unaltered roster it has players injured that were not injured at the beginning of the season. Help??

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Yes, the only way to stop this from happeing is to turn off pre-existing inuries.

The roster I released is as of week 1.

Old 12-08-2020, 11:11 PM   #4
Rookie

I’m working on one right now using the week 12 roster and moving guys back to week 1. It won’t be perfect as I don’t think I can move IR players but it will have the practice squad guys in the right place etc and I’ll try to move guys best I can without messing up salaries. It will probably be a few days though. I want to have it ready to start it when the 5 is opened up on Xmas morning and I upgrade lol.
Old 12-08-2020, 11:49 PM   #5
Rookie

StayODD's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo
I’m working on one right now using the week 12 roster and moving guys back to week 1. It won’t be perfect as I don’t think I can move IR players but it will have the practice squad guys in the right place etc and I’ll try to move guys best I can without messing up salaries. It will probably be a few days though. I want to have it ready to start it when the 5 is opened up on Xmas morning and I upgrade lol.
So any guys who were not on a team or their PS Week 1 will be in the FA pool?

MADDEN 21 ROSTERS

DONATIONS VIA PAYPAL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2020, 09:41 AM   #6
Rookie

Actually, if they were on the PS in Week 1 they will be on the roster. If they were a FA in week 1 they will be a FA. Sooo..since I'm a Jets fan (sad, I know) for example I will have Bell as a RB, Gore is a RB, Ballage is a FA (now on SD), Adams is on the roster though he was on PS, Ty Johnson is still on Detroit.

So if you take this roster and start in the Pre-Season you should be able to do a reasonable facsimile of the opening day rosters.

So yeah, I've done this type of stuff before doing transaction databases with OOTP so I'm pretty good with Excel so I have a spreadsheet...

Also, I guess if you download the roster a certain way it takes off the injuries, or EA just did a roster without injuries, i don't know, either way, the roster I'm working with at the moments does not appear to have injuries affectiing how I move guys so my earlier statement about not being able to move guys due to injuries may be moot.

In cases where I had to change a guys position due to roster requirments I referenced ourlads depth charts to find which guy would be best to swap into the position to cover that spot.
Old 12-09-2020, 09:44 AM   #7
Rookie

Also, I am not adding any players at this time and will release a version without any. This will be the base Madden Week 12 roster so it will also have the faces. The only edits there will be some guys faces edit so it shows a madden face instead of the black outline (immersion killer to me)
Old 12-09-2020, 12:34 PM   #8
Rookie

StayODD's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo
Actually, if they were on the PS in Week 1 they will be on the roster. If they were a FA in week 1 they will be a FA.

Also, I guess if you download the roster a certain way it takes off the injuries, or EA just did a roster without injuries, i don't know, either way, the roster I'm working with at the moments does not appear to have injuries affectiing how I move guys so my earlier statement about not being able to move guys due to injuries may be moot.
1. Thank you for clarifying exactly what I said in nearly identical words lol

2. I believe you are talking about not being connected to the servers when you download the roster originally. Unfortunately I think what will happen for you is when you go to post this file and others download it they will be hit with all of the existing IR players Madden has at the time of that download. Madden has done this thing this year that sets IR across their entire file share for whatever reason (seems stupid to me). I could be wrong but you might want to test that out before you put all this work into an "injury free week 1 roster" for it to turn out to be a "roster with guys who were injured on other teams but now are on their old teams roster"

MADDEN 21 ROSTERS

DONATIONS VIA PAYPAL

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »