Home

1992 M22 PS5

This is a discussion on 1992 M22 PS5 within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2021, 11:19 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
1992 M22 PS5

I am currently working on a 1992 roster for M22 on the PS5. The roster is using Teach's 1990 set as the base with his permission. Credit goes to him for creating a great set for me to work from as the base. With that said that means years pro and ages will be off on many players by a few seasons. If your plan is to use this within CFM and you're a stickler like me, you will need to edit ages of players to keep them more in line with their 92 season ages. As for ratings, my system is similar to Teach's, but I take into account multiple seasons. So if you see a guy who had a pro bowl/All-Pro like season in 92, but followed it up with 2 or 3 seasons of below average play they may not be rated as high as you might expect. The opposite as well. A guy may have had a down '92, but if he was really good in '91, '93, and '94 the guy will have a higher rating than expected.

I currently have all the QBs that I will include in the roster complete. I also have completed the following teams:

AFC:

Pittsburgh Steelers
Cincinnati Bengals
Cleveland Browns

NFC:

Chicago Bears

Last edited by Steelers4190; 12-30-2021 at 03:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2021, 08:37 AM   #2
Pro

Re: 1992 M22 PS5

Just to give you an idea of how QBs are rated, below is a list of all the starters OVR with a few important back ups:

Steve Young 92 SF
Troy Aikman 86 DAL
Dan Marino 84 MIA
Brett Favre 84 GB
Joe Montana 83 SF
Randall Cunningham 82 PHI
Warren Moon 80 OIL
John Elway 80 DEN
Jim Everett 79 LAR
Jim Kelly 79 BUF
Phil Simms 78 NYG
Jeff Hostetler 75 NYG
Rich Gannon 75 MIN
Wade Wilson 75 ATL
Bobby Hebert 75 NO
Jim Harbaugh 74 CHI
Boomer Esiason 74 CIN
Chris Chandler 73 PHO
Jeff George 72 IND
Neil O'Donnell 72 PIT
Vinny Testaverde 72 TB
Steve DeBerg 72 TB
Bernie Kosar 72 CLE
Dave Krieg 72 KC
Rodney Peete 71 DET
Mark Rypien 71 WAS
Chris Miller 71 ATL
Jim McMahon 71 PHI
Stan Humprhies 70 SD
Don Majkowski 70 GB
Steve Beuerlein 70 DAL
Bubby Brister 70 Pit
Steve Bono 70 SF
Scott Mitchell 70 MIA
Doug Flutie 69 CAR
Frank Reich 69 B UF
Jay Schroeder 69 RAI
Hugh Millen 69 NE
Erik Kramer 69 DET
Mike Tomczak 69 CLE
Sean Salisbury 67 MIN

Below are some starters on teams that are rated really low due to multiple bad seasons in a row or part of an expansion team:

Ken O'Brien 64 NYJ
Mike Kerrigan 63 JAX
Tom Burgess 61 BAL
Damon Allen 64 HOU

The Seahawks had a historically bad passing attack this season (if unfamiliar with it, go check out Football Outsiders' analysis on it.) and the QBs that were rostered didn't do much in the rest of their career so they are in really bad shape QB wise. There are 3rd stringers all over the league that would compete for their starting spot:

Stan Gelbaugh 53 SEA
Kelly Stouffer 53 SEA
Dan McGwire 52 SEA

Below here are some guys who did receive much action in 92 or the immediate years surround it. This made it difficult to give them ratings. In some instances they are rated higher than the starter or immediate back up. My plan is to just place them in the appropriate depth chart position for the 92 season within my CFM and then let natural progression take over in subsequent seasons:

Jeff Blake 69 NYJ
Brad Johnson 67 MIN
Erik Wilhelm 64 CIN

Feel free to share thoughts and opinions on the QB ratings.
Old 01-07-2022, 09:41 AM   #3
Rookie

Eh, you're missing Browning Nagle. Ken O' Brien did not have multiple bad seasons and Jeff Blake was what amounted to a one year wonder.
Old 01-07-2022, 01:49 PM   #4
Rookie

It is hard because if your goal is to play in CFM and let madden adjust the ratings year to year then you have to penalize the young starters at least five points and boost the older guys (unless they are about to be done like Montana).
Old 01-07-2022, 04:52 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo
Eh, you're missing Browning Nagle. Ken O' Brien did not have multiple bad seasons and Jeff Blake was what amounted to a one year wonder.
Ken O'Brien was only a serviceable starter from 89 on. In 89 he struggled and while he had a good completion percentage, struggled with INTs. 1990 was a bit better but his numbers were not great and his play mediocre at best. Now granted, the whole team was pretty bad. In 91 he threw for decent yards but still struggled with TDs and INTs. While perhaps those were not bad seasons, they certainly pale compared to his earlier career.

As for Jeff Blake, he had 2 pretty good seasons and half of another on a pretty bad Bengals team. His 99 season was not too bad, but the whole team was just awful. His first season with the Saints was not great but about like that of Ken O'Brien's last couple of seasons.
Don't get me wrong, I am not saying Jeff Blake was a great QB, but he was better than just a one year wonder.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2022, 08:17 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo
Nagle is in the roster. Just rated really low because he was bad. Dude only started 14 games from 91-96. Career rating in the 50s. Over twice as many Ints than TDs.

O'Brien did have multiple bad seasons in a row. In 92 and 93 combined he was 1-6 as a starter, averaged less than 6 yards an attempt, and had a rating of 67.5. He completed around 54% of his passes. Was out of the league after 93. Even in 91, when he somehow made the PB, he threw more Ints than TDs and while only throwing 10 scores. He was outside the top 20 in TDs and YPA and was outside the top 15 in rating in qualified players. He only made the PB because he helped string some drives together at the end of games. He wasn't great in 91. Hence why his rating is low.

Blake played 14 years in the league. Was the primary starter for his team in 8 years. From 94-96 he averaged 22 TDs a season. He wasn't a franchise QB but he had staying power in the NFL and a couple productive years in the mid 90s. He's rated where he needs to be for CFM purposes.
Old 01-31-2022, 12:15 PM   #7
Rookie

How is this roster going?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »