Home

Blazzen's "Challenging but Realistic" All-Pro M16 Sliders

This is a discussion on Blazzen's "Challenging but Realistic" All-Pro M16 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2015, 09:48 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Blazzen's "Challenging but Realistic" All-Pro M16 Sliders

So I think I may have finally cured my slideritis. I've tried default AP, Default AM, and many other slider sets on these forums. Maybe these can help cure your slideritis too!

A few notes:
- All Madden is not an option. The game "Cheats" basically and makes your players do stupid things and the CPU's do amazing things to make it challenging. It's frustrating and unrealistic. Lots of warping too.
- Default All Pro actually plays pretty well but it's not quite challenging enough for me. I started from default AP and tweaked things as necessary. CPU run game was not strong enough, User too many INTs, user too easy passing/running.
- I play the "mike" on defense (MLB) and do not switch. I use the standard view. On offense I don't do any user catching I just hit the button for aggressive/possession/RAC type catch.
- I generally call my own plays on defense and I generally cycle through the coach suggestions on offense while occasionally dialing up my own play in a big situation.
- I play exclusively with the Carolina Panthers.

Game Options

Auto Strafe: On
Heat Seeker Assist: On
Defense Assist: On
Coin Toss: User Preference
Quarter Length: 15 Minutes
Play Call Style: User Preference
Camera Toggle: Off
Skill Level: All-Pro
Coaching Tips: Off
Game Speed: Normal
Ball Hawk: On
Play Clock: On
Accelerated Clock: On
Minimum Play Clock Time: 15 seconds

Offense Camera Settings: Standard
Defensive Camera Settings: Standard

Injuries: 55
Fatigue: 50
Player Speed Parity Scale: 50
Coach Mode: Off

PLAYER SKILL
QB Accuracy: 25
Pass Blocking: 50
WR Catching: 50
Run Blocking: 25
Fumbles: 50
Pass Defense Reaction Time: 50
Interceptions: 25
Pass Coverage: 50
Tackling: 50

FG Power: 50
FG Accuracy: 50
Punt Power: 50
Punt Accuracy: 50
Kickoff Power: 55

CPU SKILL
QB Accuracy: 50
Pass Blocking: 50
WR Catching: 50
Run Blocking: 75
Fumbles: 50
Pass Defense Reaction Time: 75
Interceptions: 25
Pass Coverage: 75

Tackling: 50

Power: 50
FG Accuracy: 50
Punt Power: 50
Punt Accuracy: 50
Kickoff Power: 55

PENALTIES
Offsides: 60
False Start: 60
Offensive Holding: 60
Defensive Holding: 50 (editing this doesn't work currently otherwise I'd go 60ish with it)
Face Mask: 50
Illegal Block In The Back: 50
Roughing Passer: 50
Defensive Pass Interface: 60
Offensive Pass Interface: On
Kick Catch Interference: On
Intentional Grounding: On
Roughing Kicker: On
Running Into The Kicker: On

Auto Subs: Default

NBA: Charlotte Hornets
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes

Last edited by Blazzen; 11-04-2015 at 11:12 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2015, 10:37 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Blazzen's "Challenging but Realistic" All-Pro M16 Sliders

Tried a bunch of sliders on here, both AP and AM. Same feeling as you, couldn't quite find an AP set that gave me a great challenge without screwing with things. Played one game with these and it was great. Overtime win with an improved raiders squad over the Broncos. Yardage was almost exactly the same for both teams and the game played challenging. Very small sample but definitely enjoyed the first one. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-28-2015, 01:11 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by blttl14
Tried a bunch of sliders on here, both AP and AM. Same feeling as you, couldn't quite find an AP set that gave me a great challenge without screwing with things. Played one game with these and it was great. Overtime win with an improved raiders squad over the Broncos. Yardage was almost exactly the same for both teams and the game played challenging. Very small sample but definitely enjoyed the first one. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glad they gave you a good game.

I had a crazy OT game in Week 4 Panther vs. Bucs that I barely won by a field goal using these.

Let me know how it goes if you get some more games in.
Old 09-28-2015, 05:20 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Just played a couple game as the Raiders with these. I for the most part stick to coach suggestion plays and don't play anyone on defense.

Loss 38-31 against the Bengals in week 1. Was hard to stop them, especially in the first half where they put up 24 points. Was just trying to keep up for most of the game. Dalton was 25 for 36 for 338 yards and 3 tds (10 receptions, 138 yards, 1 TD to Eifert- Unstoppable in the first half). Jeremy Hill was 29 for 102. No sacks given up by either team. I couldn't get anything going on the ground with Trent Richardson (19 for 50) and I threw an interception with Carr due to a slightly inaccurate pass. Finished with 310 yards, 2 TDs and an Int. 467 total yards for them, 390 for me. 1 turnover each and they had an extra 7 minutes of time of possession.

Week 2 was a closer and crazier game vs the Ravens. Teams traded field goals in the first quarter 6-6. Was 16-16 at the half. I went up by 2 scores sometime in the 4th where we started to trade some touchdowns. I went up 40-37 with about a minute left and they had no timeouts. After a couple plays and a sack, it's 3rd and 20. Flacco almost converts, ends up being a 4th and 1. Following play is a 1 handed catch by Steve Smith (who was a monster drawing pass interference calls this game, probably had like 4). They end up running out of time before getting into field goal range and have to settle for a hail mary (which was caught and dropped).

Both quarterbacks were good in this game, 382 yards for Carr with 3 TDs and no interceptions. Flacco 338 2-1 (prob 100+ yards in pass int) and a couple fumbles. Forsett was pretty hard to stop with 25 carries for 127 yards and 2 TDs as well as another 73 yards through the air. Was also another game where couldn't stop the tight end, Gillmore was 8 for 98 and both of Flacco's TDs. Streater was a monster for myself, 7 for 193 and a TD. Both teams actually got sacks this game too, 4.5 (2.5 to Mack) for myself and 1 for them. They also had 15 more minutes of time of possession, thanks to Forsett.

Overall, they games just felt good. On to week 3 and the Browns.
Old 09-28-2015, 06:54 PM   #5
Rookie

eastcoast49ers's Arena

OVR: 2

What kind of scores are you seeing? My experience with Madden 16 has been close competitive games but then in the 4th quarter it's like both teams forget how to play defense and the final scores end up with each team scoring in the high 30's to low 40's.

I too have slideritis and I have it baddddd.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2015, 06:13 PM   #6
Pro

I'm averaging 29 PPg over the first 8 games. I've scored as low as 20 and as high as 42 when I had TD on defense and special teams. I'm 8-0 which normally would concern me but I keep going up against teams with injuries at Qb. I've only faced Andrew Luck as far as good QBs go and the colts couldn't stop my run game and threw some bad picks. Closest games so far have been against the bucs and Titans which I won by 3. Bucs game went to overtime.
Old 11-04-2015, 11:15 AM   #7
Pro

Just in case anyone is still using these I changed some CPU settings (in bold). Passing got too easy so I raised the sliders to 75. Lowered int to 25 to not get too many ints.

I'm almost through year 2 of my Panthers franchise. I went 16-0 in year 1 and then got blown out first game of the playoffs by the Packers. They literally dropped 60 points on me. I beat them in the regular season because Rodgers was injured but he destroyed me in the playoffs.

In year 2 Cam Newton was injured for the first 6 weeks with a hamstring tear. I signed Tyrod Taylor to fill in. He went 4-1 with a run heavy offense and solid defense. Cam returned and I finished the season 10-1 with an overall record of 14-2.

Who might you ask is my first playoff opponent? Why it's a rematch with the Green Bay Packers. Haven't played this game yet but I plan to give them an *** kicking for revenge!

It may seem like these sliders are too easy given my record but I will say that the games are generally very close. My Panthers just like this years Panthers just seem to find a way to win.
Old 02-28-2016, 08:26 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm planning on giving these a try but wanted to see if they are up to date with the latest changes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »