Home

Old 08-06-2018, 10:21 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

Background: I love sliders because they present the option to make the game your own, and overcome some flawed logic that ends up out of the box. I worked on NCAA community here on the sliders thread, the FIFA sliders thread and gave a go at Madden 18’s sliders last year with good success. I’m an old MaddenMania guy, primarily doing franchise reporting for a number of years before going into more of my YouTube channel. I focus on realism in sports gaming, so naturally this thread will be geared towards achieving that.

Focus of the Sliders: The first priority is to get the tackling on point. Currently, the game is designed a very forceful and perfect tackling mechanic. I am not trying to rid this by any means, but I am wanting to see more wrap up tackling than WWE hits.

The second priority is to establish the CPU run game a bit more. I think there is a combination in there that can make this happen, but it is not without its compensations. I have detailed the reason for the changes in each slider value listed.

I will continue to focus on improving the game, but there will be a time in which the franchise must start and go on. I am known to get into slideritis, and I know I’ll get sucked into wanting to modify something. My goal is not to do so and leave Madden as a “Happy place” because I know in a couple weeks time, my dedication will switch primarily to FIFA sliders for the community and PES. So at least for those who are interested in playing these, you know there will be an end in sight. I will always provide suggestions based on my testing. I am by no means considering myself an expert ever, just more so knowing that the amount of time and experience I have had modifying slider values can contribute to a realistic experience.

For those that followed my Madden 18 Sliders , you may see some similar theories applied. I always say I am not going to adjust the threshold by much, and this may be the year that is true because of how much better the OL/DL interaction is by default. It's not perfect, but it's a good start.

As a good practice, please make sure the values in the CFM are the same as they are in the Main Menu. Since CFM and Main Menu penalty values are different, I will include the Play Now values in parentheses.

Slider Update Log

3/24/19 - This has been a bit more frustrating patch update than ones before. The pass coverage got looser, the warping appeared even more, especially on lower thresholds. Some values didn't make a difference at certain thresholds, it's just all over the place.

As much as I'd like to continue to build upon the previous set, my hand was forced to move some values in different directions, in particular the threshold to a much higher value than I had ever thought I'd get to.

The key with this set is establishing better logic and awareness to the football, but not so much that it's robotic and sticky. I thought by lowering threshold this could work instantly, but was sadly mistaken. I tested values from 50 and under, and re-established some really nice physics, especially in tackling, but it was imbalanced due to the wide open passing game that comes with the territory of lower threshold. In a way, I was a bit relieved that modifying the Pass Coverage slider with a lower threshold didn't have any impact

To my surprise, a last gasp in raising the threshold actually produced what I was looking for, which was better coverage, but still maintaining good animations + physics. It's by no means perfect, but it shouldn't be. I stopped overanalyzing every single play, and allowed the set to breathe a bit more. This allowed me to gameplan better, and find true mismatches to let the speed disparity + fatigue + sliders to do its work.

Overall, I'm happier than where I started. Personal adjustments can still be made as this threshold is much easier to work with, and it seems that the values like QBA, PBL and PCV are more adhered to than they were in the 50 & under thresholds.

Here is Version 25. I've posted it as a complete set versus identifying changes:

*Note, there are no changes to Special Teams or Penalty slider values.*

Game Settings

If you provide feedback, please advise of any modifications you have done from this OP set. Also, please include if you are providing feedback on All-Madden or All-Pro. Thank you!

Skill Level: All-Pro or All-Madden

Rosters: EA Default (Active or Preseason)

Auto-subs: Default

Game Speed: Normal

Game Style: Simulation

Quarter Length: 9 minutes

Accelerated Clock: Off

Gameplay Helpers

Ball Carrier Special Move: Manual

Defensive Auto Strafe: Off

Defensive Ball Hawk: Off

Defensive Heat Seeker Assist: Off

Defensive Switch Assist: Off

Game Options

Injuries: 13
• No changes. Kudos to Tommy again for these as it allows such a nice balance of entire game injuries, temporary injuries, different severity, just good overall mixture.

Fatigue: 52 (from 50)
• No changes. As mentioned above, I had been working on this set, but forgot that I had fatigue modified. It is a significant value to consider because it controls the players movement and behavior throughout the pitch. I feel like there is just more control from the players. Meaning, they are sharper and more precise with movement, but there is also that outside element such as mental fatigue. I like that there are more penalties this way as well. Lastly, fatigue in general brings in a host of possibilities from a QB under-throwing passes because they had been sacked before, or had to scramble for a first down, etc. This is a real nice addition to the sets.

Min Player Threshold: 70 (from 52)
• Version 25: As mentioned, the 70 threshold from 52 was needed to get the coverage and awareness to the football back intact. Happy that the slider values do not need significant changes as well. There is still good enough separation between players, and finding mismatches will be key in gameplan versus just an exploit as it was on lower thresholds.

Player/CPU Skill Settings
*Community PC file: "Matt10V25" (pending, tbd)
*Community PS4 file: "Matt10V25" (pending, hosted by Escobar)

QB Accuracy: 40/40 (from 45/45)
• Version 25: Kind of keep going back and forth here, but to be fair I did test a lot with QBA values from 40-55 and found that 40 is right at the point in which the bad throws happen under pressure. With the fatigue at 52, one would think the fatigue levels of the QB would play a role a bit more, but they weren't on the previous set. This is mainly because the pressure up front was lacking, allowing the QB to just sit back relaxed and throw.

Pass Blocking: 25/10 (from 25/25)
• Version 25: Had to time this one a bit for the CPU because it started becoming patty-cake with the OL/DL again. Lower thresholds allowed the separation to be more natural, but again too many compensations had to be made. Increasing the threshold to 70 actually helped produce the same animations the lower thresholds did, so that again was a welcome surprise. The progression of the DL through the blockers is the animation I'm looking for, and balanced out with no insta-sacks on PA passes.

WR Catch: 45/42 (from 42/42)
• Version 25: User WRC gets a slight bump here because of missing some really simple passes too often. The CPU still has these, but for some reason, not as bad. In addition, if you raise CPU WRC too much you start to see one-handed and diving catches too often.

Run Blocking: 25/25
• No changes. Still seeing good variety of runs and amount of gaps being filled or hit. Release of the DL from the OL is nicely timed and inline with ratings as well. Fatigue continues to play a factor as well.

Fumbles: 50/50
• No changes. Cannot seem to find the best value here, so better just to keep it at 50 and let the game play out. With the fatigue there should be a lot less of the random spins as well, however it is not completely gone.

Pass Defense Reaction Time: 55/55
• No changes. Still good reactions, and I did look all over the place with this value, especially when reviewing thresholds.

Interceptions: 25/25 (from 20/20)
• Version 25: Just a slight bump to get a bit more punishment for bad throws. DBs were dropping lobbed passes that they looking at a bit more than I would have liked. No crazy LB interceptions though.

Pass Coverage: 50/50 (from 45/45)
• Version 25: Probably one of the more frustrating values this update. Using lower values lets things be tighter on certain routes, but completely brain-fleeting on others. Pair that up with a lower threshold, and when those mediocre coverages get exposed, they get exposed for big - and simple - yards. Too many routes can get exposed with a lower threshold + coverage adjustments, even on 100 it was just as poor. I kept it safe here and allowed the mismatches to play a role more on a good threshold.

Tackling: 42/42 (from 41/41)
• Version 25: Just a slight bump to reduce more of the broken tackles I've seen. Definitely tested this value up to 48, and the WWE tackles returned, eventually taking a backseat once crossing into 42 and under. My biggest hesitation with such a high threshold was the animations and physics of the tackles, but again surprised that they stayed quite strong in the end.

Special Teams
*note separate values from User/CPU can be changed in Main Menu, however there is no proof that the values import as separate in a franchise*

FG Power: 55/55
• I've said it before, but I like that "oomph!" in the kick. This not only allows that to happen, but it allows the accuracy value to be modified under 50 as well so there are no random driven soccer kicks into the crossbar.

FG Accuracy: 48/50
• Bumped this up for the CPU because seen 90+ kpw kickers come up well short and bar level, just wasn't realistic. Kept the FG power because still need that oomph.

Punt Power: 48/48
• May have mentioned it before, but this value is super sensitive. There is a 10-yard glitch though that happens when punting into the wind, so just be on the lookout with those. However, I did want less powered punts into the endzone that would get the punter fired on the spot if he did once in a game, let alone the multiple times this game allows it.

Punt Accuracy: 44/44
• No changes. Dropped this one a tad more because way too much perfect punts by both user and CPU. Have to force myself to make a bad punt sometimes. The amount of back bouncing is crazy.

Kickoff Power: 48/48
• Good value here to get the ball struck perfectly through the endzone, or come up short of the goal-line.

Penalties

All Penalties Set to Default 50 or ON
• No changes. I reviewed the penalty values in particular DPI and defensive holding to establish a lot more tighter play, but these values seem to really affect the reaction of defensive players. It had too many variables, and jumbled up the animations and logic for me. I leave this up to those who want to modify, however please do not report back on irregularities without mentioning the penalty sliders you've modified. That would be skewed data to the set I presented, so I would appreciate that to be acknowledged.

Slider Log Update - Archive

VERSION 24
Spoiler

VERSION 23
Spoiler

VERSION 22
Spoiler

VERSION 21
Spoiler

VERSION 20
Spoiler

VERSION 19
Spoiler

VERSION 18
Spoiler

VERSION 17
Spoiler

VERSION 16
Spoiler

VERSION 15
Spoiler

VERSION 14
Spoiler

VERSION 13 (Post-Patch, the short-lived monstrosity)
Spoiler

VERSION 12 (Post-Patch)
Spoiler

VERSION 11 (Post-Patch)
Spoiler

VERSION 10.5 (Pre-patch)
Spoiler

VERSION 10
Spoiler

VERSION 9
Spoiler

VERSION 8
Spoiler

VERSION 7
Spoiler

VERSION 6
Spoiler

VERSION 5
Spoiler

VERSION 4
Spoiler

VERSION 2 & 3
Spoiler

VERSION 1
Spoiler

Last edited by Matt10; 03-25-2019 at 05:59 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2018, 10:28 PM   #2
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

OVR: 0

Good stuff Matt! I’m going to fire these up tonight. My plan will be to play at least a game each on All-Pro and All-Madden. But with AM when I was playing default, I noticed right away QB accuracy probably need some tweaks but I’ll give it a shot.

To answer your question in your PM, it was roster edits. I’m not a fan of it and would be glad to not do it, but it took me at least 10 minutes so. Wasn’t too much of a big deal. Plus such a small sample size, it might not really make a difference.

I’ll get back to you with results when I play tonight! Appreciate your work as always.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-06-2018, 11:16 PM   #3
Rookie

ScudDawg's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

These sliders are LEGIT, thank you so much. I am noticing a better feeling game in the 1st quarter I have played. The CPU running game is way better now.
Old 08-07-2018, 12:54 AM   #4
Rookie

Hey first I just wanna say thank you for posting some sliders can’t wait to try them! I have a question can I play this with 15 min quarters? Or are they designed for 9 min? Thanks a lot! Also how are the penalties? Those are the two things the most off for me are there are close to none, and the run game is bad, but you seemed to have fixed that thanks again!
Old 08-07-2018, 01:57 AM   #5
Rookie

deadlytitanfart's Arena

Just played a few games on all madden and I'm loving these. Passing and Rushing numbers are realistic and I find that the CPU is running more. It seems like they will still get tackled in the backfield but at a realistic rate. Also, I've seen a few fumbles but far less. Drop and Pass Defense is great too. I strongly recommend these so far! Thank you!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2018, 02:07 AM   #6
MVP

Hushroom's Arena

OVR: 10

I tried these on all-pro and everything feels pretty good but I'm still holding the CPU to under 40 yards rushing on 13-18 attempts.
Milwaukee Bucks
Vegas Golden Knights
Old 08-07-2018, 02:49 AM   #7
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

Just played a game on All-Pro. I made a slight adjustment for me. I moved CPU run block up a click to 52.

Played 49ers vs Vikings (Me of course)

I won 20-24. I really enjoyed the game. Cpu run game was on point! McKinnon rushed for 19 Carries 93 yards. He was killing me in the first half but I adjusted to it and shut him down in the second. Running felt much smoother, tackling was very well done.

My concern is fumbles. I have no idea if this was a fluke or it’s because my Vikings defense is just that good haha. One game is way too small of a sample so just take this lightly. I forced 4 fumbles. 2 recovered, 2 not. 2 were fumbled by the RB, McKinnon, and Jimmy G fumbling when he was scrambling. I fumbled once and that was Cousins getting blind sided for a sack.

Take away all these fumbles, totally different game. All and all, I had a blast! It was challenging and fun! Realistic as well. I’m debating to start my real franchise or not. Overall, happy. I’ll get more games in tomorrow and let you know Matt!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-07-2018, 08:14 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Thanks, guys. I need a bit more sample size with the run blocking. Keep an eye out for the OL/DL match up. I want to make sure the blocks aren't being shed by a 60ovr DT vs a 90 ovr OL. Played a lot yesterday and one area that may get a bump could be RBL, but I want to tread carefully here as any increase can result in warping, and in Madden terms that means suction blocking.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »