Home

Sweet Spot Sliders Between All-Pro & All Madden

This is a discussion on Sweet Spot Sliders Between All-Pro & All Madden within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2017, 08:31 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Sweet Spot Sliders Between All-Pro & All Madden

Before I get into my offline CFM slider set and explanation, I would like to sincerely thank you all for your hard work, ideas and slider suggestions. Working through some of your models, combined with the countless hours I put in making my own observations, helped to allow me to arrive at my own gameplay settings.

Having a clear philosophy in place as to what you wish to accomplish is the very first step in beginning to build a slider set. What I attempted to achieve is a gameplay experience based on the reflection of realistic player ratings, while taking into account that is rather unrealistic to be able to sit on a couch, having no fear of being crushed by a 300 lb lineman, while being able to see the entire field with ease. I also wanted to minimize "that scripted feel" we have all experienced from time to time. For that reason, I decided to base my sliders on All Pro level difficulty.

The slider set that I finally settled on is somewhat unique in that I adjust user sliders only, while leaving the CPU settings on default 50. The reason for this is that for every user slider adjustment made, I noticed a secondary effect in conjuction with the intended result. This made it easier to achieve the desired effect, due to the fact that I had less variables to deal with. For example, sliding down user accuracy also improved CPU pass coverage. Defeating user pass blocking affected the CPU reaction time in both their pass coverage, as well as pass rush. It's as if the CPU was being tipped off somewhat as to whether I was running or passing. I also found that when I tuned down user catching, it allowed for the CPU defensive backs to better position themselves to play the ball. Finally, toning down user fumbles enabled the CPU to also tackle more effectively.

It is important to keep all of the above in mind if you decide to give my slider set a try. You will notice how I symmetrically balance them in order to avoid an imbalance in gameplay. For reasons I can't explain, it takes 2 or 3 games for these sliders to take their full intended effect. For those of you looking for an experience somewhere between All Pro and All Madden, these just may do the trick. Basically, you will be playing on All Pro, with a 120 point user penalty if you will, without too much in the way of feeling cheated by an inordinate amount of 'dice-roll' play outcomes. Best of luck.

MADDEN 17 ALL PRO USER -120 SETTINGS

(PASSING -45 TOTAL POINTS)-----------(PASS DEFENSE -45 TOTAL POINTS)
ACCURACY=30----------------------------- PASS COVERAGE=40
PASS BLOCKING=35---------------------- REACTION TIME=35
RECEIVER CATCHING=40----------------- INTERCEPTIONS=30

(RUSHING -15 TOTAL POINTS)-----------(RUSH DEFENSE -15 TOTAL POINTS)
FUMBLES=45--------------------------------TACKLING=35
RUN BLOCKING=40

CPU SETTINGS ALL @ DEFAULT 50!!

12 MINUTE QUARTERS - 25 SPEED THRESHOLD - NORMAL SPEED- SWITCH ASSIST ON - ALL VISUAL ASSISTS OFF-PENALTIES 50 OVERALL.
ALL OTHER SETTINGS ARE USER PREFERENCE WITH NO HOUSE RULES NEEDED.

Last edited by edgevoice; 07-27-2017 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Final Patch Update
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2017, 10:25 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Sweet Spot Sliders Between All-Pro & All Madden

So, you don't think adjusting penalties aff3ct gameplay? Do you have yours all at default?
Old 03-07-2017, 10:54 PM   #3
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

I definitely agree with the philosophy of user/cpu sliders working together or against each other. By putting the cpu catching at 65, my wr's now caught everything, no matter ratings

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 03-08-2017, 05:57 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by audbal
So, you don't think adjusting penalties aff3ct gameplay? Do you have yours all at default?
I have not seen penalties have any effect on gameplay. However, I have not tested it thoroughly enough to give you an informed, definitive answer.

I have my penalty sliders set at 40 across the board. Unrealistic as it may be, simply a personal preference as NFL officiating drives me absolutely nuts.
Old 03-08-2017, 06:08 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cable guy
I definitely agree with the philosophy of user/cpu sliders working together or against each other. By putting the cpu catching at 65, my wr's now caught everything, no matter ratings

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
While there are plenty of great slider sets out there, with slider adjustments on both sides of the fence, I found that for me, simply adjusting user settings worked better.

For instance, if I felt the CPU struggled to run the ball, I found that defeating user tackling, while doing the obvious, making it harder to tackle, it also brought out cpu runner precision modifier moves. I began getting juked outta my jock strap.

Also, it was less than rewarding anytime the cpu pressed Dez Bryant, leaving me an easy streak audible for a TD every time. With the adjustments I made in my set, i still get pressed, but the CPU corner will actually then bail over the top at times, making it a 50/50 jump ball.

I have always found, on either past or current generation sliders, that increasing cpu sliders set off some pretty wonky animations in my case. Take Care.

Last edited by edgevoice; 03-08-2017 at 06:10 AM. Reason: correction
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2017, 01:02 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgevoice
I have not seen penalties have any effect on gameplay. However, I have not tested it thoroughly enough to give you an informed, definitive answer.

I have my penalty sliders set at 40 across the board. Unrealistic as it may be, simply a personal preference as NFL officiating drives me absolutely nuts.
Do you see any penalties with all at 40? Or does that number pretty much eliminate all penalties?
Old 03-08-2017, 04:49 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by audbal
Do you see any penalties with all at 40? Or does that number pretty much eliminate all penalties?
Audbal, only see about 6 penalties a game and 5 are usually called on me. I swear, I didn't do nothing...

Seriously, a lot of the penalties I see called in the NFL drive me crazy. Pet peeve so I tone them down, but if you want realism, obviously you have to bump them up. To each his own. Take care.
Old 03-08-2017, 05:58 PM   #8
Rookie

Sounds good, thanks. Can't wait to try your sweet spot sliders.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »