Home

CPU vs CPU sliders you guys should check out

This is a discussion on CPU vs CPU sliders you guys should check out within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2019, 04:14 AM   #1
Pro

BigOrangeVol4Life's Arena

OVR: 0
CPU vs CPU sliders you guys should check out

First off, this is a mix and match from 2 slider creators. I’ve made modest changes and believe you guys who enjoy CPU vs CPU franchise broadcast mode will be in for a treat. The slider creators I borrowed most of this from are Tommycoa and Lord Freiza. All the credit goes to these 2 brilliant men.

The PS4 roster I use is TFGREAL2020 by IAmDrexx. I’m sure any roster will work on the PS4, XBox One, and PC.

Set the skill to All-Madden
Set the game style to: Arcade. Trust me on this. I got this idea from Lord Freiza’s slider set, and I’ll never go back to simulation. Using arcade, you’ll see the QB throw a few screens here and there but you’ll see more vertical passes. Wide receivers are used much more. Tight ends and running backs get their share of receptions too. Running backs get plenty of touches running the ball too with a wide variety of success and failure. Don’t think this is an unrealistic run and shoot clinic. You’ll see plenty of plays by the defense too. It’s just much better, more aggressive, more realistic game play.

15 minute quarters with accelerated clock turned on and a 13 second run-off. This will give you a realistic amount of plays. You also see 15 minute quarters at a pace that doesn’t drag on and on.

As far as the sliders, the only change I made to Tommy Coa’s set was reducing qb accuracy from 66 to 56. Every thing else I have set just as he does. The auto flip defensive calls, ball hawk, heat seeker, defensive switch, and coach mode are all set to off as well as the superstar abilities. Injuries are set to 28, fatigue 65, and the speed parity scale at 45. Check his thread for all of his settings.

I will post scores and stats later. Tell me what you think about these.

Last edited by BigOrangeVol4Life; 12-05-2019 at 04:28 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2019, 11:00 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: CPU vs CPU sliders you guys should check out

Interested to see the results and stats. How is the roster you used? Were rating adjusted on it? I'm also trying to find more "realistic" roster ratings and CPU v CPU (or coach mode) sliders.
Old 12-05-2019, 11:11 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 6

It’s cool if you want to post your adjustments here. Hey, i’ll Put them on my op for 15 minute quarter guys. Want to test these out. Not sure about your tfgs roster though. Used it in the past and it was like a lame duck. Especially in cpu/cpu mode. How does his work with default rosters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOrangeVol4Life
First off, this is a mix and match from 2 slider creators. I’ve made modest changes and believe you guys who enjoy CPU vs CPU franchise broadcast mode will be in for a treat. The slider creators I borrowed most of this from are Tommycoa and Lord Freiza. All the credit goes to these 2 brilliant men.

The PS4 roster I use is TFGREAL2020 by IAmDrexx. I’m sure any roster will work on the PS4, XBox One, and PC.

Set the skill to All-Madden
Set the game style to: Arcade. Trust me on this. I got this idea from Lord Freiza’s slider set, and I’ll never go back to simulation. Using arcade, you’ll see the QB throw a few screens here and there but you’ll see more vertical passes. Wide receivers are used much more. Tight ends and running backs get their share of receptions too. Running backs get plenty of touches running the ball too with a wide variety of success and failure. Don’t think this is an unrealistic run and shoot clinic. You’ll see plenty of plays by the defense too. It’s just much better, more aggressive, more realistic game play.

15 minute quarters with accelerated clock turned on and a 13 second run-off. This will give you a realistic amount of plays. You also see 15 minute quarters at a pace that doesn’t drag on and on.

As far as the sliders, the only change I made to Tommy Coa’s set was reducing qb accuracy from 66 to 56. Every thing else I have set just as he does. The auto flip defensive calls, ball hawk, heat seeker, defensive switch, and coach mode are all set to off as well as the superstar abilities. Injuries are set to 28, fatigue 65, and the speed parity scale at 45. Check his thread for all of his settings.

I will post scores and stats later. Tell me what you think about these.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 12-05-2019, 11:45 AM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
It’s cool if you want to post your adjustments here. Hey, i’ll Put them on my op for 15 minute quarter guys. Want to test these out. Not sure about your tfgs roster though. Used it in the past and it was like a lame duck. Especially in cpu/cpu mode. How does his work with default rosters?
I haven't tried it with default rosters yet but will be doing so. It's a silly question, but are the default rosters full 52 man? Do you have to do anything special to get the up to date set or do you just start a new franchise?

Your sliders are spot-on. The only reason I scaled back the qb accuracy from 66 to 56 was Blake Bortles went on a tear where he completed about 15 passes in a row. That could very well be a rare occurrence, so I may go back to your 66 setting after I see a larger sample size.

Last edited by BigOrangeVol4Life; 12-05-2019 at 11:48 AM.
Old 12-05-2019, 11:53 AM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven547
Interested to see the results and stats. How is the roster you used? Were rating adjusted on it? I'm also trying to find more "realistic" roster ratings and CPU v CPU (or coach mode) sliders.
I watched a preseason game between the Rams and Raiders using the roster and liked what I saw. I plan on trying these sliders out with other rosters too and would like to see you guys do the same and post scores and stats.

I'm all up for constructive criticism. Let's all work together with input and make tweaks and adjustments to this and that and shoot for the best slider set.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2019, 12:29 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
I watched a preseason game between the Rams and Raiders using the roster and liked what I saw. I plan on trying these sliders out with other rosters too and would like to see you guys do the same and post scores and stats.

I'm all up for constructive criticism. Let's all work together with input and make tweaks and adjustments to this and that and shoot for the best slider set.
The problem with using custom rosters in cfm is its hard to keep up with the draft classes. If you use tdawg’s xp sliders, it helps fix the stuff. Also, the rosters are way better in year 2. People focus on year 1 too much on here. Game plays way different in year 1 compared to when you move on. I don’t even test sliders in year 1 anymore. In all honesty, if you just did the sim 10 years in the future and start, you’ll have a blast.

Bortles going on a tear:

They will do that. It can be streaky. The reason i have qb acc at 66 is because that’s the nfl average completion percentage. When i play with percussion’s 1988, i used these sliders and only bumped qb acc down to 54, the completion average of 1988. Worked like a charm. Also had to bump ints as well. But that’s all i touched. This is play now by the way with the classic rosters.

Hope this helps.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 12-05-2019, 05:32 PM   #7
Pro

Below is a preseason game between the Rams and Raiders. The starting QB's only played in the first quarter, and there were many substitutions on defense later in the game, so you can take the stats with a grain of salt. This game was much different than an earlier game between the Rams and Raiders that I had to turn off early. In that game, Jared Goff threw 2 first quarter TD's to WR Robert Woods. Derek Carr also tossed a first quarter TD to one of his WR's. In the game below, each team had around 65 plays total. I'm going to keep the settings and sliders just as they are and post a few more preseason games before adjustments are made. Guys, please give me suggestions and feed back, and we'll try to get these as true to real life NFL football as possible.

http://
Los Angeles Rams at Oakland Raiders
Dec 5, 20191ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Los Angeles Rams ()37101030
Oakland Raiders ()7601427
Team Stats Comparison
LAROAK
Total Offense412460
Rushing Yards11256
Passing Yards300404
First Downs2018
Punt Return Yards
Kick Return Yards
Total Yards
Turnovers00
3rd Down Conversion6/135/13
4th Down Conversion
2-Point Conversion
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals
Penalties6/424/51
Posession Time
Scoring Summary
FIRST QUARTER SCORINGLAROAK
(OAK) J. Jacobs 19 run07
(LAR) G. Zuerlein 21 fg37
SECOND QUARTER SCORINGLAROAK
(OAK) D. Carlson 19 fg107
(LAR) D. Henderson Jr. 2 run1010
(OAK) D. Carlson 35 fg1013
THIRD QUARTER SCORINGLAROAK
(LAR) G. Zuerlein 22 fg1313
(LAR) M. Brown 3 run2013
FOURTH QUARTER SCORINGLAROAK
(OAK) D. Kizer 5 run2020
(OAK) F. Moreau 37 pass from D. Kizer2027
(LAR) G. Zuerlein 42 fg2327
(LAR) B. Bortles 7 run3027
Los Angeles Rams
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
J. Goff3/56400
B. Bortles21/3225200
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
M. Brown 9404.41
B. Bortles5408.01
D. Henderson Jr.7223.11
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
D. Henderson Jr. 8637.80
J. Mundt45513.70
N. Webster36321.00
J. Reynolds34013.30
M. Thomas23115.50
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
M. Fox1
M. Kiser1
Oakland Raiders
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
D. Carr9/912300
D. Kizer21/2829210
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
J. Jacobs6183.01
D. Kizer4276.71
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
J. Richard7426.00
K. Doss69816.30
M. Ateman36220.60
F. Moreau36822.61
H. Renfrow33712.30
D. Waller34113.60
Z. Jones22412.00
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
P. Hall1
M. Hurst1
B. Mayowa1

Last edited by BigOrangeVol4Life; 12-05-2019 at 05:41 PM.
Old 12-11-2019, 03:26 AM   #8
Rookie

TG The Punisher's Arena

Quote:
Below is a preseason game between the Rams and Raiders. The starting QB's only played in the first quarter, and there were many substitutions on defense later in the game, so you can take the stats with a grain of salt. This game was much different than an earlier game between the Rams and Raiders that I had to turn off early. In that game, Jared Goff threw 2 first quarter TD's to WR Robert Woods. Derek Carr also tossed a first quarter TD to one of his WR's. In the game below, each team had around 65 plays total. I'm going to keep the settings and sliders just as they are and post a few more preseason games before adjustments are made. Guys, please give me suggestions and feed back, and we'll try to get these as true to real life NFL football as possible.

http://<html><head><meta http-equiv=...</body></html>
I wouldn't judge your success or failure on preseason games, they play very differently once the season starts. What the CPU does to justify the uptick is hard to quantify, in roleplaying terms you could put it down to an increase in intensity I suppose.

But my advice would be dont make any judgement on slider adjustments or maintenance until you've seen how things go in regular season.

Best of luck!

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »