Home

Coach Mode Sliders “out of box”

This is a discussion on Coach Mode Sliders “out of box” within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2020, 09:31 PM   #1
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

OVR: 0
Coach Mode Sliders “out of box”

So normally I don’t share sliders as there are so many fine slider creators..but after speaking with khaliib, then reading many of his well thought out post, I figured I would share what I have been using..

First off, these are coach mode only..not sure how they would work, playing the sticks..I call plays and allow my players react.

On Defense I hold LB..while on one of the linebackers. I supersim CPU, FG’s, my FG’s, and my punts. Also if anyone other coach mode players want to share their sets by all means do..we seem to be a small group.

Also I am using Khaliib rosters, which lower the rating to put the rating in line with incoming draft classes..along with using 25 for each XP position.

Small reason why I went Out of Box..the game to “me” is better. But my biggest thing, was CPU and HUM QB pocket ability is so much better. Now every now again I get that drop back issue, but is few and far between..and I believe the Dev team to fix this via patch, mess with something that cause QB’s to move up in the pocket, throw on the run..and even scramble..

Also along the scramble issue..the CPU will scramble but there archetype within the rating screen in CFM most favor scrambling QB. Once this is done, they will run and run, a lot.

Hope this helps someone. Thanks again to Khaliib..and also thanks to some of my normal OG posters, Trojan, King, and everyone else’s brain I have picked over this game

Side note I turn all “Big Hitter” traits off

All Pro setting

INJ: 48 during game 51 when simming
Fatigue: 65
Threshold: 25

Hum/CPU
QB Acc: 50/50
PBlock: 50/50
Catching: 45/50
RBlock: 50/50
Fumble: 50/50
Reaction: 50/50
INT: 30/50
Coverage: 50/50
Tackle: 45/50

Penalty
Offsides: 60
False start: 65
O Holding: 65
D holding: 0
Face mask: 45
DPI: 65
Block in back: 50
Roughing: 50
All others turned on

Auto subs:
So I change these for every team I play. See attached photo.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
IIMG_1979.jpg
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621

Last edited by StefJoeHalt; 02-11-2020 at 09:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2020, 02:55 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Coach Mode Sliders “out of box”

Stef - I too play coach mode and have been working on tweaking sliders. Lately, after reading Ren’s and Tommy’s threads, I’ve been trying Pro vs All-Pro, and like what I’m seeing. Biggest issue I have is the User QB won’t scramble, no matter what archetype/trait changes I make. I can get the CPU QB to scramble, but not the User. Does the User QB scramble when you play ‘out of the box’?

Last edited by jb1903; 02-12-2020 at 02:58 PM.
Old 02-12-2020, 03:41 PM   #3
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb1903
Stef - I too play coach mode and have been working on tweaking sliders. Lately, after reading Ren’s and Tommy’s threads, I’ve been trying Pro vs All-Pro, and like what I’m seeing. Biggest issue I have is the User QB won’t scramble, no matter what archetype/trait changes I make. I can get the CPU QB to scramble, but not the User. Does the User QB scramble when you play ‘out of the box’?

Too a point yes..there is much better pocket, scrambling by HUM QB’s..they will run, but not as often as CPU. What QB are u using? And out of curiosity..what do ur sliders look like?

Old 02-12-2020, 05:27 PM   #4
Rookie

I’m playing as the Redskins, so my current QB is Alex Smith. I slightly adjusted his speed, carrying and break sacks ratings upward so his archetype changed to Scrambler. I also changed his traits to scrambling, trigger happy, and changed high motor and fights for extra yards to yes. None of this helps. Although he’d move around the pocket a little, and sometimes throw on the run, it was like there was an invisible wall at the line of scrimmage. The CPU QB however doesn’t seem to have this problem when I make these changes. They’ll scramble sometimes 5 or 6 times a game.

My settings/sliders are as follows:

Pro setting

INJ: 51 during game 53 when simming
Threshold: 49

Hum/CPU
QB Acc: 14/45
PBlock: 45/51
Catching: 52/56
RBlock: 26/92
Fumble: 40/44
Reaction: 51/52
INT: 52/58
Coverage: 48/50
Tackle: 38/54

Penalty
Offsides: 99
False start: 98
O Holding: 67
Face mask: 52
DPI: 99
Block in back: 75
Roughing: 52
All others turned on

So, just to confirm, your HUM QB will scramble beyond the line of scrimmage? Also, besides the occasional QB moving backwards to take a huge sack, any other ‘negatives’ about going back to playing ‘out of the box’? One other thing, how do you go back to ‘out of the box’ - delete everything and start over?

Last edited by jb1903; 02-12-2020 at 05:36 PM.
Old 02-12-2020, 06:11 PM   #5
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

Quote:
I’m playing as the Redskins, so my current QB is Alex Smith. I slightly adjusted his speed, carrying and break sacks ratings upward so his archetype changed to Scrambler. I also changed his traits to scrambling, trigger happy, and changed high motor and fights for extra yards to yes. None of this helps. Although he’d move around the pocket a little, and sometimes throw on the run, it was like there was an invisible wall at the line of scrimmage. The CPU QB however doesn’t seem to have this problem when I make these changes. They’ll scramble sometimes 5 or 6 times a game.

My settings/sliders are as follows:

Pro setting

INJ: 51 during game 53 when simming
Threshold: 49

Hum/CPU
QB Acc: 14/45
PBlock: 45/51
Catching: 52/56
RBlock: 26/92
Fumble: 40/44
Reaction: 51/52
INT: 52/58
Coverage: 48/50
Tackle: 38/54

Penalty
Offsides: 99
False start: 98
O Holding: 67
Face mask: 52
DPI: 99
Block in back: 75
Roughing: 52
All others turned on

So, just to confirm, your HUM QB will scramble beyond the line of scrimmage? Also, besides the occasional QB moving backwards to take a huge sack, any other ‘negatives’ about going back to playing ‘out of the box’? One other thing, how do you go back to ‘out of the box’ - delete everything and start over?

So yes I have seen them scramble..it isn’t as often as the CPU..I used Cleveland, baker will scramble from time to time..I have used Lamar, to test in CFM, and scrambled more often..again I’m not seeing the same amount as when I play against Lamar.

I watched a video (on YouTube) for removing all updates aka deleting the game then reloading while offline..me explaining it will likely confuse u..lol. So recommend you just do quick search so I don’t completely confuse you.

Issues with Out of box:

Well first off, in my opinion..not having my Xbox online is the biggest draw back..but madden is the only game I play..but makes remembering to turn offline then back online if I want to use it to watch movies etc is kind of annoying

Second, if u created a playbook, you will likely have to create new one while using out of box, some plays were added etc, which will cause issues later.

Third, minor in my eyes, equipment adds, updated face scans, updated portraits of players, changes to superstar/xfactors abilities, will be lost

Fourth and finally, no live books..which I really liked especially for teams like Ravens.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2020, 07:20 PM   #6
Rookie

Thanks for the info. Another question for you. I saw your reply’s in Ren’s thread and it looks like you were starting to play on Pro, but now it looks your playing All Pro. Why? Does all pro play better out of the box?
Old 02-12-2020, 07:25 PM   #7
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

Quote:
Thanks for the info. Another question for you. I saw your reply’s in Ren’s thread and it looks like you were starting to play on Pro, but now it looks your playing All Pro. Why? Does all pro play better out of the box?

I had used Pro early in the cycle..my issue was I was having a hard time settling on sliders..I love Pro, love that I don’t have to hold the RB button on D..but I felt no matter what I did to the sliders, my D’s man coverage was too good on Pro..I then spoke with Khaliib, read what he being writing..he did a lot of digging into the code..I settled on All Pro out of box, because of what he said, QB pocket awareness, and then most importantly, man coverage for my D wasn’t overpowered, which would limit me to my play calls on D

Old 02-13-2020, 03:05 PM   #8
Rookie

PunkMonk's Arena

After playing with multiple User vs CPU All-Madden, All-Pro, and Pro sliders, it seemed like after playing 8 or so games the challenge slowly diminished and winning became easy. One All-Madden set was challenging but completely Robo QB, most games ending in 70-75% or HIGHER completion percentages. It felt like I was playing AI rather than the actual players.

I decided to give coach mode a try and actually loved it. It let me focus more on play-calling and team building rather than tweaking sliders all year long. The set I had then was whatever set I had been playing on at the time, which wasn't great for Coach Mode but I potential.

I'll be giving these a try next game I play. What are your stat lines looking like?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »