Home

Matt10's Madden 21 Sliders

This is a discussion on Matt10's Madden 21 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-17-2020, 12:45 PM   #1337
Rookie

tjd211's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Matt10's Madden 21 Sliders

Is anyone still seeing the cornerbacks freezing or spinning then the wr makes their break on a route in man coverage
Old 12-17-2020, 03:30 PM   #1338
Rookie

KennyDots's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjd211
Is anyone still seeing the cornerbacks freezing or spinning then the wr makes their break on a route in man coverage
Yep 100%, even with these sliders this game is so trash. still get garbage qbs getting 90% completion, still get terrible animations. Just comes down to the fact that the game is majorly flawed.
Old 12-17-2020, 07:12 PM   #1339
Rookie

Clarification on the OP:

If we are playing CPU v CPU - Simmed > slow > end of game as defined do we still use the User and CPU settings?

I am seeing some really weird things entering the user and CPU settings and then slow simming.
Old 12-17-2020, 11:19 PM   #1340
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgallo018
Been a silent follower of the sliders all year, but felt obligated to get this information out there because it has recently dramatically helped me when combined with Matt's sliders. Gonna be a bit long so bare with me if you're interested. The Robo QB issue, the drop back sack glitch, and just the overall unrealistic and boring CPU QB play makes the game borderline unplayable for me. And regardless of what sliders you use (essentially V12 for me now) it's always there at least for me. Here's the solution I'm currently messing around with.

You have to edit the QB Traits for almost every single CPU QB you play. And by traits I mean: Sense Pressure, Throw Ball Away, Forces Passes, and QB Player Style (in this order below) ....not Superstar, Star, etc. The combination of the traits working together affect QB play a shocking amount. Some would say a criminal amount for certain players. Kyler Murray and the stat line above is a perfect example.

Senses Pressure / Throws Ball Away / Forces Passes / QB Player Style (order listed)

Kyler Murray = Paranoid, No, Ideal, Scrambling,

when Paranoid, No, and Scrambling are together the QB will often take off after 1 second in the pocket which is frustrating because it works, but not exactly unrealistic for Kyler. But when you add in Ideal for forcing passes the result above happens 9/10 times. The CPUs definition of "Ideal" is to not throw a pass unless the receiver has no one within 5 yards of him. So now Kyler instantly overreacts to pressure, rarely will ever throw the ball away, and strictly looks for wide open receivers / scrambles.

Lamar Jackson = Ideal, Yes, Balanced, Scrambling

At least in my experience the CPU Lamar Jackson is pretty horrible / never even dreams of scrambling, or even extending plays for that matter. Well come to find out, in perfect EA logic fashion, he has essentially the exact opposite traits to Kyler. Ideal senses pressure makes him perfectly comfortable just sitting in the pocket especially if the pass rush isn't getting in. And then just when you think he may finally remember he's pretty good at running, and has 30 yards of open field in front of him, he decides to throw it away and live to fight another down. It's kind of hilarious that someone at EA not only came to the rationale that Lamar Jackson and Kyler Murray are opposites when it comes to QB traits, but also gave them traits that just don't really make sense whatsoever. I decided Lamar should play more like Kyler does in game so I edited him and he was an entirely different QB in the next game. I started messing around more with them traits to see how much it could actually alter the game and came to the conclusion that whoever decided they were a good idea has never watched a snap of football in their life.

Ideal Forces Passes = Ironically makes for by far the worst game play in my opinion. Especially when combined with Ideal senses pressure. Check down after check down and 90% completion. Seems like this is the class Robo QB. I decided I was sick of Mo Allie Cox having 14 receptions against me so I now edit this off every QB regardless of who it is.

Conservative Forces Passes = Kinda feels the same as ideal but typically just the worse QBs have it.

Balanced Force Passes = wins by process of elimination, ridiculous there's no "Risk Taker" or something along those lines, but seems to allow for more of a variety of throws.

Pocket Passer QB Style = They literally do not leave the tackle box under any circumstance, combined with conservative or even ideal you're getting the oh so realistic drop back sack glitch all game. I now use Balanced for more prototypical pocket passers and scrambler for guys who can extend plays with their legs. As long as they don't have paranoid also they won't scramble that much.

Sense Pressure Options I like = Average, Paranoid, and Trigger Happy seem to work the best for me if they're on the right QB. Paranoid for elite scramblers as long as they have balanced forces pass and No to throw away will run way more throughout the game while also taking some chances through the air. Unfortunately the throw away trait with paranoid just makes the QB throw the ball immediately into the stands too much for me to accept. But I also have a hard time turning off a trait for NFL QBs that decent Middle School QBs have mastered. Trigger Happy with Balanced Force Pass on a QB with an elite arm is my personal favorite. Mahomes has this default. On an average QB with a mediocre arm they're basically 2019 Jameis Winston. I turned down user pick a bit and turned off ball hawk to try and help but still don't really know. I think this has the most potential though. I give Average and Balanced to basically all of the low tier QBs, but its not awful and certainly doesn't hurt them like some of the other options.

Throw Ball Away = I put it on everyone with the exception of Kyler and Lamar. I think the additional scrambles for those two overall outweigh the situations where they eat a bad sack.

Oblivious Sense Pressure = Like throw away, shouldn't be in the game for obvious reasons. Haven't even tried it. No NFL QB is obvious to the pass rush, and if the EA Devs consider it oblivious, I'm sure the CPU QBs would would be doing their best Hellen Keller impersonation. Actually that's unfair, Hellen would probably at least stand strong in the pocket..

I edited my main menu roster prior to loading up a franchise same way I load Matt's sliders, which probably doesn't affect anything, I'm just not willing to find out.

This was longer than I intended, and certainly is far from a total fix for QB play, but if you take the time to just change the CPU QBs to a combination that makes sense for them they will certainly at least help compliment the gameplay. I've played probably 8 or so games with both the AM V12 sliders and updated QB traits and probably had some of the most realistic games I've played in M21. But who knows maybe I'm just a crazy person and took too much adderall, either way lemme know.

I’m in the fourth season of a CFM. What do you recommend for QBs that aren’t scramblers per se but are mobile like Justin Fields, Trevor Lawrence, etc? Great post, btw!
Old 12-18-2020, 12:08 AM   #1341
Rookie

The king of kings's Arena

I’ve been using schnaidt1 QB edits and they are working great he has a video on YouTube for them

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2020, 06:43 PM   #1342
Rookie

Anyone having an issue with overproduction? My buddy and I are using these sliders on All Madden and every game we're averaging 150-200 yards rushing & the balance feels so off. Next gen
Old 12-19-2020, 12:43 AM   #1343
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B1ackManIsGod
I’m in the fourth season of a CFM. What do you recommend for QBs that aren’t scramblers per se but are mobile like Justin Fields, Trevor Lawrence, etc? Great post, btw!
I'd say Scrambler QB Style, Trigger Happy, Balanced force pass, and throw ball away. That's my go to setup for mobile QBs who look to make plays with their arm through their legs. That's what I have on Fields in mine and hes a problem in game.
Old 12-19-2020, 06:19 PM   #1344
Rookie

jimmyy201's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Matt,

Fumbles: 52/52

So by raising this are you trying to get less fumbles? This is a weird slider that is opposite of what I thought it did. Higher = less fumbles and Lower = more fumbles.
Yea. I've always thought of this as more like a "Carrying" Slider instead.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »